Is there any disadvantage to drinking your vegetables?

Is there any disadvantage to drinking your vegetables?

I dont like the taste of broccoli or spinach enough to just eat enough daily to do anything for me, so i figured it would be easier to just blend and drink a bag of frozen broccoli a day.

Is there any nutritional reason this is worse than just eating it?

you only get the benefits of food nutrients when your stomach and gut have to actively breakdown the food

which is why proeatean shakes are not very effective vs. a big chunk of chicken

you also miss the effect of the fiber scraping the lining of your asshole to clean out cancer cells

>I dont like the taste of broccoli
t.Amerifat Mac Diabeth

as far as i remember, food is breaking down in stomach but nutrients are absorbed through wall in intestines right?

The whole point of fiber is that our body sucks at breaking it down so we have to expel it, which is why it keeps us regular and cleans our digestive tract

Well i was planning on blending them in a thick milkshake consistency to help preserve the fiber.

chewing vegetables takes so fucking long, I hate it

Yeah, listen to this user, also stop chewing and cooking your food. By swallowing raw beef and whole apples you give your stomach more to break down, enhancing nutrient absorption efficiency

exactly

the stomach and gut sees all this big chunks of food and says, hey we have to send a whole lot of shit to take care of all that food

so it sends its peptides and pepsins en masse to theres a lot working on all that nutrients, and most likely, your body doesn't have enough of these amino acids and enzymes so it also tells itself 'hey we need to make more of those' so the body does and then starts getting better at using the proeateains and nutirents

I've been looking into juicing frozen spinach as a preworkout (for all the nitrates)

Its cheaper than buying beet juice.

But after doing some analysis I think its easier and cheaper to just get something like C4 for the creatine nitrate and B vitamins.

Ive only seen this level of broscience once before. Blending the fucking food does not change the properties of what it contains.

this
I stopped chewing altogether and the gains just keep coming

So you can have fatty drinks, and it should give you only a quarter of the calories right?

Retard

As long as you're keeping all the pulp of the veg in the blender and not adding shit ton of sugar to compensate, its just fine

I'm genuinely curious who told you this b.s.. You sound so confident in something so wrong, it amazes me

It doesn't change the chemical properties, of course. But purée all your food and tell me what happens. Your shit will literally slide out of your asshole.

By that logic why chew? Seriously, blender = prechew. It's not taking anything away, not like the blender started to steal your nutrients it absorbed

>But purée all your food and tell me what happens. Your shit will literally slide out of your asshole.
Because when you eat a steak your shit comes out steak shaped

Lol
Woooooooosh
>the sound of the joke flying overhead at mach 10

exactly

this user has it
its much easier to store fat than utilize las preaoteinas

but hey keep wasting your money on suppies and shakies and keep wondering why you are always DYEL

Don't be facetious, yes your body does digest all the nutrients and shit but fiber is not like the other nutrients you consume. I'm not the retarded user talking about protein shakes vs chicken, obviously that doesn't matter. But fiber is good for you precisely because it clumps together and isn't easily digested. So as it travels through your digestive tract, other stuff gets stuck in it, and it being indigestible is what keeps everything moving along in that clump. If you purée it too much, you're essentially breaking up the fiber to the point where it doesn't clump anymore, because it is literally not as fibrous of a substance anymore.

Lol
Woooooooosh
>the sound of the joke flying overhead at mach 10

This is the single most idiotic wrong bullshit I have ever read on Veeky Forums

There is zero fucking difference between eating a cooked vegetable whole and blended.

I just want you to keep in mind that oatmeal is high in fibre, and despite its soft texture that resembles a bowl of snot it clears you out like a motherfucker

You're retarded. Blending destroys a lot of the fibre and the phytonutrients bound to it. It is worse nutrition-wise but it's likely not that important, go for it if you prefer it like that.

my breakfast every single morning is a smoothie, I cant remember the last time I had a shit that was anything but solid.

meant for

Just drink a bottle of V8 a day

the momscience in this post if off the chain.

> chew your food.

>Is there any disadvantage to drinking your vegetables?
Tastes like shit
Doesn't fill you up as much
Mentally makes you treat vegetables like a chore instead of learning to cook properly and looking forward to them

Smoothies are fine but being a man child about cooking veg properly is retarded

What he said was bullshit but so is this statement. Blending and cooking food fundamentally changes it's properties and nutritional profile

ignore the retards on this thread and listen to me for some reason
i do smoothies with vegetables for about 5 years now everyday, my morning shake is:
>1 cup of real orange juice
>2 tbsp of lime juice
>1 beet (i microwave it so it blends better)
>3 leaves of kale
>a little ginger
>2 scoops of flavourless whey protein
>1 tbsp of peanut butter
>couple chuncks of pineapple
>couple mint leaves
tastes amazing, has a lot of vitamins and it keeps me full for couple hours, i also drink 1 sip and 3 eggs

that isn't vegetables you piece of shit

mom pls go watch dr.oz somewhere else

fyi if you drink eggs you waste protein. 50% bioavailability vs 90%.

thanks for the smoothie recipe. Ive saved it and I may try it. I am surprised all those totally different things can go together and taste OK.

> fiber scraping the lining of your asshole to clean out cancer cells

That's not how it works

Wow, i would kill myself if i was as stupid as you

Just make sure you get a masticating juicer, it will maximize the fiber retained in your resulting juice. Just a blender will leave a lot of chunks in the sides/bottom that you really need to be eating.

You will lose a little bit of the vitamins because they get exposed to more air and light but that's neglectable so if you prefer to throw it in the blender be my guest.

How about you grow up you fucking burger

Fitness and nutrition are the most bullshit fields in existence. Everything kills gains, everything kills nutrients. It's not a mystery why people say fuck it and do/eat whatever.

>what is GIT
>what is enzymatic breakdown of nutrients
seriously user, check your biochemistry degree, you should get your money back

>what is water absorption in small intestine

By bullshit you mean it's complex and you can't understand everything in simple terms

> It's not a mystery why people say fuck it and do/eat whatever.

Because people have taste preferences and use "learning is too hard" as an excuse to just eat whatever they like

"destroying" fiber eh? Do you know how fucking retarded you are?

After blending a fibrous vegetable MORE micronutrients become available because it breaks up the cell wall, enabling you to gain nutrients from within the plant cell that you wouldn't otherwise digest

Blending raw or frozen vegetables is an excellent way to add even MORE micros to your diet than you would otherwise get you fucking retarded mong

Depends on which vegetable/fruit. And if you think destroying/disrupting fibre is not a thing you might want to test the enormous health benefits of oral bleach intake yourself.

Lmfao some of the bro science on here is amazing, especially when they're so sure of it. Yes, blending vegetables is perfectly fine. Juicing vegetables is what removes fiber...if anything blending will allow more nutritients to be absorbed by digestion in the intestines.

That's not what I mean. Mostly it has to do with misinformation and disinformation from marketing and media, but every time something is established as a healthy practice someone comes along and scare mongers about it. It's very easy to do as well because of the lower regulations in these industries. So confusion spreads easier.

Is this stuff any good?

Well there's something called oxygenation, you lose some nutrients because of it - It doesn't stop me from drinking that shit, kale is a chore to eat.

Dr. Mano Broscience at it again

Just blend it instead of juicing it so you have the fiber.
It is the best way to eat more vegetables than you would ordinarily be able to. If you want to make it more palatable add some fruit like berries or some raisins or dates to sweeten it up.