What truly motivates you? deep down, what is it?

What truly motivates you? deep down, what is it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dPDo3tEPgD4
youtube.com/watch?v=u_5tcUgOYiI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Goku from DragonBall.

I can't actually account for it, I just feel it. Strange I know, but there it is.

Maybe the whole pussyfooting around the graveyard thing bothers me. Everyone is dead anyway, everything you do right now is just a bonus.

Family, I want to make them proud.

I just want to know how it feels to be loved.

My father is in his early 50s and very quickly losing his sight do to numerous conditions, it's depressing as fuck, it's scary, in a year or so he'll be completely blind

My father is currently doing random DIY things around the house, any other time in previous years he would paid a professional to do it, but he said he wants to do it himself, "while he still can"

Might not sound a lot to you reading this, but to me.. holy fuck, right now I feel absolutely disgusted with myself if the mentality of putting things off or being lazy creeps in

Low self esteem and trying to compensate in every way. Wanting to be proud of myself. Trying to get ready if shit ever hits the fan.

Same

I just think it's the right thing to do.
Also

Fear of stagnation, fear of waisting my youth and potential to be the best that i can be.

another theory is that deep down we all want acceptance from others and if I get strong/hot/big/dangerous enough, nobody will abandon me or hurt me again.

Got bullied really hard as a kid ( used to be 130 pounds at 6ft) ugly and shy
now i am 200lbs , i can fight, i have nice body and even my face looks okayish
Banged numerous sluts since
Still empty inside from years of home abuse and bullying
>atleast i can bench 3 plates r-right guys

I fear having a weak point. I'm afraid if there is something about myself that I am not trying to perfect, people will notice and judge me poorly. It could be being out of shape, being unintelligent, being bad with money, not having any skills. I feel if I am short in one thing, I look like shit overall and might as well be dead.

To reach my goal body and walk around and go to random places with my shirt off in the summer, warm breeze at my back and doing whatever I please as all the women around me lust for me and all the men around me wish to be me

The same way I use to have carefree summers in my childhood, just doing random and meeting new people and friends. But that isn't possible in my current state until I reach my goal body. Too self conscious and not confident enough. I need to be the best myself has to offer to enjoy like carefree like that again. Even after cutting down from 270lbs to 170lbs my body looks weird as fuck and I need to build muscle back up to fix some imbalances and weak muscle groups and fill some loose/stretched skin. I'm starting to consider roiding more and more everyday. I want the summer of my dreams

I have no friends and exercise is a solitary activity that helps me feel less insecure about being alone.

I want to make it. I want to leave humanity behind.

>tfw no gf

Nothing motivates me. I make myself get Veeky Forums by sheer will.

My cousin lets me use his gym membership while he's overseas. Other than that, nothing

The desire to appear better than other people and also

I want to get into boxing, but like seriously into it ( i am 18) but i don't want to be a complete weak shit when i start.

them muscles aint gonna help you take a blow to your glass chin

I was bullied growing up and am now becoming everything people said I couldn't.

It's a good feeling. Nothing is more satisfying than the people who used to look down on you messaging you on LinkedIn for job connections, or girls who made fun of you in high school trying to sleep with you when you go home.

Guts from berserk literally.
I wanna be him, he's strong, people look up to him.
He cares for his comrades and is overall a good person.

He is me in 3 years.

Strange that most of us who are/want to be Veeky Forums are the ones who were weak/abused during their childhoods.

I guess in the end you always wanna be the opposite of what you were.

My health and my friend

I am 178 (5'10).
I was a nerdy skelly with low confidence.
My bodyweight was 56 kg and hated my body.

Now I am 22 yo, 78kg, muscular,strong,confident.
The gym changed my life for the better and I will never stop, because stopping means not progressing.

Thank you for asking that question, OP.

I'll get back to you. Unless I don't, but just know that this question helped me focus my thinking.

Being better than everyone else

I'm 18 and I feel the same way about it. Just clean up your diet and lift for 6 months before you join a gym. Start stretching asap. They do a lot of stretching and cardio in conjunction with strength training, technique, and mentality. It all doesn't matter if you can't take a hit, either.

same it doesn't help either that every year I get so close to getting a gf, get my hopes up, then it all falls apart mysteriously.

Honestly. My friends. They're both fat guys but they both land squarely on bara tier and are crazy stronger than me. I want to be strong. I want to look better. I want to be the me i see in my dreams.

And when this song came out it pushed into the gym.
youtu.be/dPDo3tEPgD4

Being better than others in one way or another
I used to try to avoid this kind of motivation, but it is just too deep down inside
Anything I do, I think, whatever, just boils down to me trying to be better than others, probably similar with every human being, makes sense evolutionarily I guess

Being mired as well as desired as fuck by my students and their friends/relatives.

>he is me

I unironically want to say 'lol no' to a girl asking me out. Just once.

Don't discredit your accomplishments bro. And yes, at least you can bench 3 plates and not sweat hard and puff deep breaths when you walk up a flight of stairs.

>Lifting for something that will never happen
>Implying muscles matter in modern war anyway

I'll dedicate my reps tonight to your father user, stay strong.

I lost my girl for reasons that were outside of my control. And I want her to miss me. I just want to hear her voice again, or even just text her.

I want to be the epitome of human achievement. I want to be as close to the perfect man in every way possible, This includes being both mental, social, and physical gains.

greek god?

There are a lot of cute girls around me at college.

It's not that I love myself, is that I hate everyone else.

You'd be better off doing something like MMA user

This should be bannered tbhfam

I admired ancient egypt and specially ancient greece back when I was a kid, so it was pretty obvious that to look like one of those statues I'd have to lift

plus you have health benefits and a hobby on top of that, also means you get to eat a lot of food and I love eating, especially seafood and fish.

being big enough to scare off people just by my looks. vague as fuck
*cough cough* uhh I just like lifting stuff how and it makes me feel!! just wanna get healthy and functionally strong!

If we’re not meme-ing, Jesus. I love him too much to be complacent and fail to steward all the good things He’s given me.

>I want to get into boxing
there are only two excercises you need to get into boxing, running and neckbridges.

running will help you keep fighting and neck bridges will help you not getting KO'ed

youtube.com/watch?v=u_5tcUgOYiI

I want to be phenomenal, I truly want to make other people insecure

I started off lifting for >girls like most people. but when I started to get compliments from friends and family, which eventually turned to them trying to sabotage me because they can't stand seeing me succeed while they fail only motivates me more

I want to walk in a room and know I'm the strongest, I want to be the most attractive, I want to radiate sheer seething fucking confidence

basically I want to be the best. and I will be

the attention from girls is now just a bonus

Gotta be the Veeky Forumstest /k/ommando I can be for the up coming wars

that feeling when I get out of bed in the morning and stretch my muscles and feel SWOLE

>modern war
>implying civil wars are anything like a trillion dollar army bombing ragheads halfway around the world

>I want to walk in a room and know I'm the strongest
I heavily relate to this sentence even if it's not my primary motivation. It's just a reward.

>white supremacy
>face tattoos

This is why ANTIFA isn't scared of you shits anymore. And considering how pathetic ANTIFA is all of you /pol/sters need to rethink your lives or seriously consider an hero.

My hatred towards my body.

Long term? Health. Currently seeing my mom's body break down after years of obesity and sedentary lifestyle. Cancer. Heart disease. Lack of mobility. That will never be me.

Short term? I want to be better than everyone else around me. I was to make people feel insecure. I want my fiance's friend and sister to be jealous of her. I want my mother in law to feel my arms and make comments about my body at the lake. I want to deny roasties at the office who take a pass at me at the company get away after everyone's had a few beers. I want to embarrass other guys at the beach. Most of these things already happen after 2+ years of lifting while staying lean but I think this year or next I will become genuinely irresistible for a 6-8/10 girl. I want them all to regret not picking me.

sheer fuck-you Alaskan stubbornness.

Shame is the greatest motivator

Her

Honestly to live longer, used to have some pains in my chest but after a month of training this issue was gone.

>tfw even if for some reason I'd want to quit lifting I couldn't
>feels awful to not lift
>body would go into shit

it's like a drug

I seek perfection

Don't be fat

Peace of mind. I used to be an alcoholic trash, who did nothing for himself or anyone else.
Whenever i fail to do something i promised myself/a family member/a friend, i get this feeling that's worse than the feeling of certain death. Not being in control of my fate.
Harmony through discipline.

this
100%

It's a metaphor user. It's a graphic representation because you're looking at a picture.
Obviously I don't have a single tattoo on my body, that would be degenerate.

I wanna be stronk

Very stronk

Nothing more than looking better than most people. Not that I care what others really think, but I want to look in the mirror, see the fucking great change, realising that I can do what 90% of others can't. Willpower.

>tfw realize sometimes I spendquite some time in the mirror flexing and mirin my own body and snapping pics

and I'm not even narcissistic, cant imagine those guys that are and lift

I want to deadlift 400 kg and I won't stop progressing until my body breaks down.

self hatred

>What truly motivates you? deep down, what is it?

Spite.

you'll have to go through me if you want to achieve this. good luck.

Looking good, Mickey.

i want to be strong, so i can beat my dad

Because being strong and having a great body are something you have to EARN.

You can't buy it like a Mercedes with daddies money, nor can you fake it.

Inferiority complex deep down, when seeing niggers with coalburners or Chads driving around in nice cars I can take pride in the fact I have something they don't.

My anger at Fucking up my life and every relationship

The hate I feel for society as a whole is like nuclear fuel for my lifts.

staying away from drugs

This x1000.

I love how "supremacists" thinks they're tough shit by posting frogs on the internet.

Self hatred and wanting to have the strength to backup my occasional outbursts of anger and violence.

I once lost my temper at a saucepan and punched a dent in it's base, I wonder how that would feel to the other persons face.

>being both
>both
>mental
>social
>physical
That's three things mate.
You've got a lot of work to do on the "mental" part.

i wanted my sons to think I'm a superhero, and they do.

my depression. whenever i work out i get to forget about it for that hour and ever since i've started going to the gym i havent had to take my meds.

I want to be big. I want to be strong.

I want to be proud of myself because I am not.

And the constant number chase feels really fucking good when you get there.

I want to survive the apocalypse

Make everyone I know feel inferior. Revenge. Humiliate them indirectly.

Prove to myself that I'm worth it

I just want to be strong and fit. I have genetic problems that make me legally disabled, so I want to at least be strong in some respect.

Also general narcissism I can't deny it. Anyone out there who claims they lift purely for some bullshit spiritual reason is talking out of his ass. There's a generous dose of narcissism in every lifter.

Same

>tfw almost every single one of the "I want to get fit and be like zyzz" esque fantasies in this thread will go completley unfufilled.

why do we still lift, just to suffer?

I just need to get healthier, man. My BP has been high and that sucks since I'm only twenty. My entire genetic line has diabetes and hypertension, so I really need to take care of myself.

Trying to get my weight to a good position. Down almost 8 pounds so far. Trying to hit 85ish by this fall.

Also, I'd be lying if I said some of it wasn't to look more attractive. Both for myself and for the ladies. Always helps to look better, I guess.

I want to fuck cute guys. I also want to be bigger/stronger than everyone else when I walk into a room.

Speak for yourself fag, I'm gonna be a sick cunt

I really want intimacy with a woman. I feel like such a loser for never having a girlfriend.

I just want to be better

I love the experience we call life

It has been an amazing journey for me

Just sucks there is no usernames on here, so nobody will recognize how many stories/posts I truly am behind

Life is great senpai