Da soviets was bad but atleast dey waz better dan da czar

>da soviets was bad but atleast dey waz better dan da czar
>durrrr

Choosing the lesser evil is the idea that evil is necessary. Nothing can excuse evil.

and yet we still got trump

>le derneld drumpf XDDDD

I won't argue the Russian Empire was better, but I'll say they were equal. They both:
-had no real democracy, strongman figure at the top aided by an oppressive secret police
- genocided enemies of war (Circassians & Chechens) and even killed proper citizens of their country, or at least let it happen (Pogroms against Jews and the Holodomor)
-had a perceived class that was the enemy of the state (the revolutionaries & the bourgeoisie)
-were heavily, ideologically motivated (reactionary "State, Tsar and Church" vs communist "Dictatorship of the Proletariat")
-were economically unequal, with many people living in poverty while the local kleptocracy was concerned with their immediate wealth

At least, that's what I can think of right now. Any thoughts?

Yes I generally agree that both were bad, but I think that the tsarist regime at least allowed a degree of circulation of ideas. Look up the Herald of Europe and zemstvos - clearly a modernisation of the state was close, but the autocratic tendencies of the tsarist regime precluded the possibility of meaningful reform.

>evil

Is his assassination the thing that doomed Russia? He was the last modernising czar...

holy shit communists btfo

>have to remind people that the Soviets didn't overthrow the Tsarist Empire, they overthrew the democracy that replaced it
>get blank stares

>democracy
>never held a nationwide election until the bolsheviks had already overthrown them
>didn't pass any of the immediate demands of the people to end the war, solve the food crisis and the economic crisis plaguing the country
they were probably thinking "this brainlet is way beyond his depth"

also didn't solve the intractable land crisis*

You are Ignoring the fact that people at least people in Russia were actual ORTHODOX and not retarded atheist, they were forced to embrace that retarded ideology because some retard give money to Lenin and not because "the people" overthown the tzarist government.

I agree wholeheartedly. I wish Russia had succeeded in establishing a social democracy.

But Tsarist Russia was on its way to improvement. They were going through a bad time, but they had a growing liberal movement, an improving judicial system, etc

Don't be tricked, Russian Church was hated for a reason. Not literally murder all priest levels of the hated, but it is hard to be serious when there are people like Rasputin on highest levels of society.

>Russia should establish a social democracy
>rsdlp means Russian social democratic workers party

The liberal movement was preaching pan Slavic bullshit though, they were still imperialist

>end the war, solve the food crisis and the economic crisis plaguing the country
>soviets bring a bloody civil war to their homes, starve them to death, and take all their land, money, and gold.
wow, what great humanitarians

To make an ommelete you need to crack a few eggs

my argument has NOTHING to do with bolsheviks. I was just arguing that Provisional Government wasn't a democracy. really i'm joking with the user anyway to make him appear like the idiot in that situation where he was stared at.

There’s literally nothing wrong with any of these when done by Tsarist Russia.

>The liberal movement was preaching pan Slavic bullshit though,
That was the reactionary movement

no it wasn't