Do swimmers supplement swimming with weightlifting or can you realistically get a body like just by swimming?

Do swimmers supplement swimming with weightlifting or can you realistically get a body like just by swimming?

This is what swimmers do.

Thinking about going that route because

>more fun that lifting
>cardio at the same time
>eye candy at the pool
>free shower

>Do swimmers supplement swimming with weightlifting or can you realistically get a body like just by swimming?
Of course swimmers lift. They just don't look big bc they're tall lean and long limb-ed af. Once you're past 6'3 you're get either lean OR big, but not both if you're natty.

Yes, professional and upper level swimmers lift to help their swimming.

I used to swim 3 to 5 days a week for a few months. I had to stop because the chlorine was too harsh on my skin. Any advice on how to deal with chlorine in a pool?

seeing as how one liter of water is exactly one kilogram that's not really very funny

you can get cream for that shit. if you're hairy you'll have to shave.

Find a chlorine-free pool to swim in. Really no other way around it...

I shower with soup before I get in the pool and after I get out of it, don't know if that helps but the chlorine genuinely makes my skin better.

Go to a natural swimmingbath, a lake or even the sea/ocean if you have acces to one of these.

You must be fun at parties.

"I can lift 188L"
"oh so you mean 188kg"
"well... yes."
hahaha

lifting and good roids that you'll never get

The joke is that one botte holds about 6 litres, so 4 bottles would be 24 litres of water and not 188 like that guy was claiming

They make special soaps and shampoos for getting chlorine off your body/hair. They have the shampoo "swim away" at just about every store and you get the soaps off amazon for less than 5$. Also not being a bitch helps

Those look like 10-12 liter water bottles.
Anyway I don't think that was the joke. They would've included him claiming to lift 188 if it was. The joke is arbitrary standards of measurement which could be funny if it was like "I can squat about 8 cans of paint" but when it's literally 1:1 it's not very funny.

They're only laughing because they're burgers.

forgot pic

Tomato?

I agree but its still kinda funny

swam competitively at a d3 school

weightlifting isnt necessary until you start getting into conference finals or state final races

it also depends on your event and the distance though

youll see more improvements from good technique than weights

that being said, we did a lot of shoulder work, a lot of back work, leg work, and core.

theres a lot of skinny fucks who could pull off really fast times however.

my opinion is that getting bulky and strong are different than the "strong" required for swimming. youll probably actually be slower if anything if you pack on muscle mass, similar to how sprinters actually get slower if they put on too much muscle