Islam vs Rome

Who were more brutal, inhuman, and cruel, both as conquerors and as administrators: the Islamic Conquerors/Caliphs or the Roman Empire?

The question is ill-posed because "Rome" lasted over 1000 years, and "Islam" is not a government or country and also lasted over 1000 years. If you're looking for peaceful conquest and rule, or if you're looking for bloodshed and persecution, there's to plenty find in the history of each.

Muslims
They still kill millions

>there's to plenty find in the history of each.
but who was worse? overall

Which Islamic caliphate? "Islam" encompasses a variety of different people

I got a better one. "Christianity" vs Turks . Fucking Jesus, OP is retarded,

>turks
Rome wins this one, not eve a contest
>arabs
Arabs win this
They where pretty lax compared to the shit rome pulled
>late umayyads
Yeah no, those guys can fuck themselves
>africans
Lmao who cares
>mamluks
BASED

At least Romans built shit to last

>Autism is one hell of a drug
Before we start this I would like to know what is your point. That Islamic society had no great civil engineering works? No grand city fed with water from aqueducts? Or do you just like talking shit on the internet?

islam destroyed itself. Rome left something for their descendants.

Rome was more brutal but better administrators.

That must be why Islam is still practised by hundreds of millions of people.

What kind of stupid question is this?

>Islam destroyed it's self
I fucking what?
How many pagans do you see murdering chickens before battles now adays?

This is what happens when we let brainlets vaccinate. God, we need a plague.

Muslims ended the Roman Empire

Rome: developed agriculture

Islam: deserted mesopotamian agricultural infrastructure, opted for camel merchants instead.

i think he's thinking of the Umayyad caliphate and it's successors

no it didn't, the horse fuckers destroyed it.

>retard

Romans ended the Roman empire.

to save billions

Islam
>No rape
>Don't kill women, children, sick & elderly
>Pray for combat to be avoided, loss of life is tragic
Rome
>None of that
>Kill all the poor helpless Gauls & oppress the superior Greeks out of jealousy

>No rape
>Don't kill women, children, sick & elderly
>Pray for combat to be avoided, loss of life is tragic
That's the propaganda, the reality is typically very different. Catholics had similar ideas with chivalry and religious doctrines regarding "just war", which is also not how things worked out in reality.

The polytheist romans had the decency to be honest about being assholes to people who seriously tried to resist them.

Rome, without question.

Modern political bullshit bias aside, Islam is an actual religious ideology which "tries" to be humanitarian, and by medieval standards it was.

Rome was just a conquering empire who put everyone and anyone into slavery or death.

>The polytheist romans had the decency to be honest about being assholes to people who seriously tried to resist them.
Sure i kill people, i like killing people, at least i admit that.

>>actually believing the sweet lies of the monotheists.
Dude, during times of war rules are discarded and to whatever extent islamic conquerers were merciful to women and children they did so that they could have more concubines/slaves. The monotheist kingdoms and empires that inherited the territories of the Romans and Persians were no better in how they treated their enemies and in a couple of ways(a lack of religious pluralism, and an occasional tendency to put mysticism ahead of more practical concerns) they were actually worse.

I'm not sure what you're getting at here, I'm talking about how kingdoms/empires acted to conquered populations during times of war. Not about individual ethics necessarily.

I'm pointing out how you think it's morally superior to be a brutal murderer if you admit it.

I think what he's referring to is that the Islamic states of the middle ages eventually abandoned their earlier openness to new ideas and scientific understanding of various topics and gradually turned into states that were just as dogmatic and strict as the worst sorts of christian theocracy.

It is actually, honesty is more ethical then dishonesty. In terms of foreign policy and how nations compete for resources brutal murdering was the norm, no matter how much people tried to pretend otherwise.

Don't forget

>Timurids

Basically the orcs of the Middle Ages in their savagery.