This is Napoleon Bonaparte. Say something bad about him

This is Napoleon Bonaparte. Say something bad about him.

He's got a good flat

But that's literally impossible

Land war in Russia

this

He’s not French.

>Manlet
>Cuck
>Killed tens of thousands of his own men and more of other Europeans
>""""""""Empire"""""""""" lasts only like 13 years
>Decades of peace following his fall, arguably the golden age of Europe between Waterloo and Crimea
Harder to find something good about him

>manlet
>italian
That's all I got.

Invading spain was a horrible idea

Bringing back slavery was a bad move that damaged his moral credibility and justified the claims he was a power hungry tyrant.

He lost.

Could have invaded Turkey instead of Russia. Smarter move.

>invade middle eastern empire that give zero shit about you instead of Russia
>while you're army is in the middle east, Russia, Prussia and Austria and the other kingdoms assmad about you invade your homeland

Truly of genius

He didn’t exterminate the Germans.

Easy win over backward army. Nicer climate than Russia. Gateway to India, to knock out Brit Empire. Free Greece Serbia,Bulgaria-now you're a progressive hero. Alexander TG woulda done it.

The one mistake I made is I should of burned Berlin!

He ripped off Kim Jong Il's pose with horses. He's just a French larping as a Best Korean.

>MANLET
>KEK
>and uh I guess he killed tens of thousands of his own men...
Stay classy, Veeky Forums.

He reinstated slavery in Haiti and fucked up their trajectory
He chose inept family members for important political posts
He was utterly obsessed with boots

>He was utterly obsessed with boots
We're discussing negatives.

Why was he foolish enough to put inept siblings in important positions? Have I been misled?

I'm glad you're dead you sack of shit.

>He was utterly obsessed with boots

I wish I had a nice pair of boots desu

How retarded was he not to see that this was inevitable? Like the copy pasta states, the seventh coalition wasn't against France, but exclusively Napoleon. Not content with the hundreds of thousands of his own men that he had already killed, he was determined to let thousands more deaths. It was a return that was doomed to fail right from the outset.

Fuck u for ruining the Ragusan Republic!

>classy
>Veeky Forums
Well there's your problem

He's literally the father of modern western europe.

Nothing wrong with being a manlet

He thought that of would be able to beat them back at least once he would be able to save france and keep his empire, but not at the same power level

Oh nonoonono

He could've had he been given more time, but the Coalition knew this and declared war on him to put the French Empire down for good.

You're not even the best french general during the Napoleonic wars, Davout was much better

Being a general is irrelevant when you are the emperor, and what he did for morale can't be easily quantified.

Has there ever been an army with a finer caliber of officers than Napoleon's? I struggle to think of one that can compare.

I'm not going to debate that, when you have Massena, Lannes, Davout, Ney, etc... Then yeah you're pretty fucking set, but Alexander the Great, Caesar, and Hitler had some pretty overpowered staffs surrounding them

>Caesar
Caesar himself was impressive but his staff wasn't so mind blowing. Octavian wrecked Antony's shit thanks to Agrippa. Now Octavian was a guy that surrounded himself with the best of the best.

>and Hitler
Hitler crippled his own staff with crony appointments, dismissing competent generals on whims and appointing bootlickers that cocked it all up. Guys like Heinrici shouldn't have languished so long in subordinate positions, and he dismissed freaking Guderian after minor setbacks. Whatever real genius he had he inevitably wasted.

He lost.

[spoiler] why do you do this to me napoleon I miss you so much ;_; [/spoiler]

He was a tyrannical usurper who sent thousands of his own people to die for the sake of fulfilling his unrealistic ambitions fueled by his god complex. He threatened and bullied the few neutral countries in Europe into aligning with him and accepting his continental system (which was doomed to fail in the first place btw), he broke promises and turned on people whom he had fed promises of peace and even on his allies. If you disregard the whole holocaust thing, he really was no better than Hitler, unironically. I wonder if in 200 years it will be socially acceptable for teenagers like the ones on this site to fawn over maps of the third reich and idolize Hitler as some hero who was attacked for no reason and braved through impossible odds.

get lost lindy

He wasn't even the best strategist of his time. That honour goes to Antoine Le Picard de Phélippeaux.

>all these assblasted bongs ITT
Lmao

delet

yes the people who won are the assblasted ones, stay triggered ouiaboo

Worst part about him is he didn't nuke the *nglos

>tfw it takes you 22 years and five wars to finally defeat FRANCE and you celebrate it as a great victory

Why are anglos so miserable?

I get it.

It's not even funny.

Looking for some books on Napoleon and the Napoleonic era, anyone got any recommendations.
I hear pic related is great.

Yeah pic is a great introduction. Michael Broers did two volumes on it which are pretty good. Alan Forrest's biog is ok but Andrew Roberts' one superseded that imo. Zamoyski's 1812 is good for Russian campaign.

>a national hero of France is imprisoned and humiliated by the British
>a-all these assblasted bongs!

Britcucks hid on their island like the inselaffen they are while the prussians did the heavy lifting

r pic related is a great book. made me tear up towards the end when boney is alone on elbe. also don't know if this is what you're looking for, but I'm getting through war and peace rn and its fucking awesome. lots of the book is set in the russian campaign battles and napoleon features prominently. worth reading

Alexander and Genghis Khan both had an amazing support staff.

Austrians and Russians**

>Britain invades France
>France never invades Britain
>200,000 dead Brits
>2 million dead frogs
>B-but it took a long time!

Stay mad Pierre

million dead frogs
It's amazing how people managed to keep track of how many irrelevant animals died.

Kek I bought war and peace about a week ago and I'm really looking forward to it, (just gotta finish up on The Idiot by Dostoyevsky, about half way through the it) how far are you into it? It looks like a monster read.

Manlet that got too caught up in muh empire autism to take advantage of his superior military leadership.

Op said say something bad.

If you want to play this game the nobility of Sweden, Germany, Portugal, Spain, England, and Italy were/are French

Got lots of a generation killed, crippling France's early-mid 19th century demographics

about two thirds through. its a monster read but its hasn't stagnated at all so far. I'm reading the maude translation, which one did you get?

>implying France was stable during the 19th century

I don't think Corsicans are Italian are they?

his campaign in upper Egypt sucked ass and he was defeated by farmers using ancient firearms and mostly farming tools and in the end he had to pull out,meaning he only controlled the delta

napolean did the vietnam before it was cool

I'm reading the P&V which I've heard lots of mixed opinions about it so I'm a bit worried I'll be missing out on something.
How's Maude holding up?

Seeing how the brunt of the Anglo-Dutch forces ar Waterloo were majority Dutch, it is interesting to see how favourable he’s looked upon here.

He only got wrecked in Egypt cause Nelson btfo his fleet

He absolutly BTFO the shit out of the Ottomans in Egypt and Syria
It's only British naval supremacy that defeated him there

Nothing defeated them in Egypt. He was unable to invade Syria however because of said reason. Egypt was about pacified by that point and the French were in near total control. The only reason the French left was because of the peace of Amiens, the terms of which the British didn't even follow.

The Dutch had been French allies for 15 years before that though.

maude is great but so is p/v i compared a few passages i was reading with the p/v and p/v was equally good. certain words ways of expressing stuff is different but they both get the point across well enough.

Austerlitz

Baguette.

You’re a fucking retard mate.