3 weeks of alternate-day fasting reduces body weight, body fat...

>3 weeks of alternate-day fasting reduces body weight, body fat, and plasma insulin concentrations in both men and women while a diet of 500-600 calories on 2 of 7 days per week induces loss of abdominal fat, improves insulin sensitivity; and reduces blood pressure.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4531065/

>a study in the june 5 issue of the Cell Stem Cell shows that cycles of prolonged fasting not only protect against immune system damage - a major side effect of chemotherapy -- but also induces immune system regeneration, shifting stem cells from a dormant state to a state of self-renewal.
news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/

>Fasting enhances growth hormone secretion and amplifies the complex rhythms of growth hormone secretion in man.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC329619/

>fasting for three days can regenerate your entire immune system
telegraph.co.uk/science/2016/03/12/fasting-for-three-days-can-regenerate-entire-immune-system-study/

>Intermittent fasting, in which individuals fast on consecutive or alternate days, has been reported to facilitate weight loss preventing the progression of type 2 diabetes and consequently improve cardiovascular risk.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4257368/

>Diet mimicking fasting promotes regeneration and reduces autoimmunity and multiple sclerosis symptoms
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4899145/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QImWYirF0es&index=1&list=PLv3QDzdxan_JkGX47Rpboyh2oYyAFZDBA
thescienceofnutrition.wordpress.com/tag/gary-taubes/
wholehealthsource.blogspot.com/2011/08/carbohydrate-hypothesis-of-obesity.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

But I've read the sticky. Fasting is BAD for you!

>fasting is healthy
Duh.

I wouldn't want to pick a fight with Owen.

>arthritis

>frail and moves slowly

yeah, neither would i. it wouldnt be fair to him.

FUCKING FINALLY
THANK YOU FOR FINALLY USING A TRIP SO I CAN FILTER YOUR AUTISTIC ASS SPAMMING ALL THESE FASTING THREADS

first thread i've posted, but i'll be sure to post a duplicate thread without a trip just to trigger you.

kys, faggot

you first :^)

stay mad lol

so is fasting being mocked here because there are studies showing that it actually works...interesting

it's being mocked because most people here still believe the "calories in calories out" hoax

shit, at first I thought this was a vegan info dump.
good thing, I would have had to spend the next two hours shitting on everything yo posted.

fasting works, everyone knows this.

Yeah theres a guy in the gym who needs a kidney transplant now who was all about eating processed garbage on cycles. It gave me a slight chuckle knowing he was always the gym bully and now he's begging on facebook for money for a kidney.

God has a funny way of humbling people thats for sure.

That's all good and fine OP
But how will this help me with my tinder profile which is the only reason anyone on this board wants to have the appearance of being healthy

>having shitty enough genetics to have to literally starve yourself to get visible abs and be healthy
I'll eat whenever the fuck I want to eat while you fastcels faint during your workouts because the only thing you had for breakfast was a lick from your mineral stone lmao

It's that fucking sticky, even though most threads were about "how do I loose weigt" it was better all those years ago when we had fewer anons but no sticky.

Now we have a ton of rookie lifters who read precisely one FAQ designed for absolute beginners on fitness of the human body (a controversial subject of a machine so complex, science is only now beginning to understand parts of it) and because they read EXACTLY one FAQ, they act like they're all-knowing gods of fitness. At least we USED to have trips that were authorities of sorts and people listened instead of mindlessly following the sticky.

>in case anyone cares: oldfag, got injured, couldn't lift for months, getting back on the wagon, come here for the inspiration this place gave me back then, pissed off how far down the drain it's gotten...

Also this place is barely gay anymore, wtf?!

Alright. So how do I fast but still:
- have enough energy to have a proper workout
- not lose too much weight. Do I just eat double daily calories on the non fasting days?

Combine it with keto and nofap. You'll leave humanity behind in no time

> - have enough energy to have a proper workout

Unless you're literally starving to death, the idea that you'll "be weak" is a myth. Your cardio won't be effected, but your lifts are going to go down while you fast (but will recover to their usual numbers when you break it) because of the fact that you aren't eating carbs.

> - not lose too much weight. Do I just eat double daily calories on the non fasting days?

I don't know what OP feels about it, but I'd only fast while cutting.

>wtf!?
its happening across the board. its normalizing. theres more people and more girls. its not the weirdos like it used to be.
also every trip is utter garbage now. just filter them all without question.

how did you get injured?

Just fucking forget about thoses fasting memes.
Eat properly for fuck's sake and you'll lose weight

Drunk driver smashed into my car, roll-over. Hurt me pretty bad. It was a penniless illegal immigrant that didn't have insurance or a driver's license.

>tfw my diet is eating both diets
where does it leave me

The shill is real.

blatantly ignores peer reviewed scientific .edu and .gov articles and posts non contributing bullshit

who's the shill here? sorry you dont have the willpower to fast

>implyings
Top kek m80. I've lost 14kg (105 -->91) within 3 months on 400-500 kcal deficit diet while doing weightlifting training 3x a week and cardio 3x a week. So yeah, nn to shill and imply.
Also:
>american scientists
oh boy

What does anything that you posted have to do with fasting?

man these studies are useless

>3 weeks of alternate-day fasting reduces body weight, body fat, and plasma insulin concentrations in both men and women while a diet of 500-600 calories on 2 of 7 days per week induces loss of abdominal fat, improves insulin sensitivity; and reduces blood pressure
wow mate
who would have thought that eating less makes you lose weight and prevents diabetes

>Fasting triggers stem cell regeneration of damaged, old immune system
Protection from chemotherapy immunosuppression indicates effect could be conserved in humans
yeah, studies done with cancer patients on chemotherapy sure are useful for us on Veeky Forums
LMAO
>Fasting enhances growth hormone secretion and amplifies the complex rhythms of growth hormone secretion in man.
yeah mate let's go into massive catabolism for a month to get a miniscule boost of HGH out of it. doesnt matter that it just goes to waste because we're catabolic the whole time :^)

>telegraph.co.uk article
kek are you serious about this shit
i cant tell if you're baiting at this point

>Intermittent fasting, in which individuals fast on consecutive or alternate days, has been reported to facilitate weight loss preventing the progression of type 2 diabetes and consequently improve cardiovascular risk.

how the fuck is this even noteworthy
of fucking course people will lose weight and be less diabetic if you put them on a low kcal diet
none of this is news, nor is it specific to fasting

>Everything about this post

r u dum or sum

Its response to his "hurr durr you dont have the willpower to fast".
How hard to comprehend was that, huh?

I've had and still have willpower to diet, just not fasting. It is simply retarded even if you can "reset your immune system". Cause losing muscle mass is always fun, isn't it.

>concept costs you literally 0 money to do
>does not earn anyone money
>shill
hmm

>shilling ideas

do you think shilling for something requires you to get paid?
protip: it doesn't. people literally do it for free all the fucking time. the sheer amount of people who shill for veganism (not just on here, on the rest of the net and IRL too) should be enough to rethink that.

Veganism is an industry and benefits major grain exporting nations and companies on a macro-scale. Fasting does not.

I agree that people shouldn't depend on this or that "method" to lose weight
But I'm starting to think that what we call fasting is actually the natural way our diets worked for millions of years
3 meals a day,I mean before agriculture that kind of diet is not nearly a feasible and maintainable one
It was just easy to exploit our reward pathways by eating constantly after agriculture, so we did it

>getting angry at an imageboard

Says a lot about your life

Jokes on you my mineral stone doubles as a squat plug

you ok brah?

>yeah mate let's go into massive catabolism for a month to get a miniscule boost of HGH out of it. doesnt matter that it just goes to waste because we're catabolic the whole time :^)

please point out to me the part where i said to fast for a whole month, i'll wait. nice strawman, fag

honestly if the information isnt useful to you then fuck off, and find another thread to be an annoying autist in

>yfw you realize that nothing has lead to a greater degree of physical, spiritual and societal degeneration than the discovery of agriculture
>yfw you realize agriculture was most likely discovered by women
>yfw you realize it contrary to popular belief did NOT lead to the establishment of patriarchy but matriarchal mother earth cults
>yfw you realize they sold their own men out when the DOM pastoralist/HGs came back to cuck them
>yfw you realize that just like the degeneration of the human race, agriculture has deformed the natural world, extinguished native wild species and depleted our soil
>yfw you realize that the population growth permitted by agriculture is the only reason they were so successful, despite the fact that each individual is of lower quality
>yfw you realize the world will never recover
>yfw you realize it's already too late

Kek. Imagine fainting in the gym.

>I've lost 14kg (105 -->91) within 3 months on 400-500 kcal deficit diet while doing weightlifting training 3x a week and cardio 3x a week.

>eating less calories than you consume causes you to lose weight

wow who would have thought

>soybeans
Big Soy strikes again

so eating vegan shit makes ur hair fall out and look beta
while having a dirty bulk gives you a thick coat of hair
got it

>being this wrong

did you even read it? they literally ate the same food, the one on the left just ate half the amount

nice vegan propaganda.

Now I knew you were dumb because you fell for a meme, but your math doesn't add up. 90 days of 500kcal (assuming the higher number to give you more leeway) is 45k kcal. Divide that by 7k because that's how much it takes to burn off a kilo of fat and you get about 6.4 kilos. Factor in any supposed muscle gains you've made and... Yeah, nowhere near 14 kilos of weight loss. Better make sure you eat more to preserve those gains, your body is surely in starvation mode by now and catabolising your heart valves :^)

>tfw 500kcal deficit makes you lose function in your brain

>sees the word vegan

>immediately spergs out

there's your (you), enjoy it.

right back at you

I hope this is bait.

>thinking you only lose fat while dieting and training

>what is water retention

Cope harder

Lol I've lost 30 pounds with CICO and I eat trash. I'm pretty sure it works.

>please point out to me the part where i said to fast for a whole month,
haha, tripfag btfo!!

I'm sorry that you can't comprehend that the human body is a little more complex than a fucking car. CI < CO is an oversimplification to make it easy for noobs to want to start lifting and eating clean.

Am I shattering your world that the sticky is only mostly true, and many things in fitness are still hotly debated?

No shit Sherlock. An approximation can still be useful (and CICO has in my case) even though its not a direct model of something. Stop being pedantic.

so you can't find it?

What's oversimplified about it?

It doesn't mean CI

>only thing you had for breakfast was a lick from your mineral stone

> eating a tiny bit less each day

HEH BET U WISH U HAD MY WILLPOWER KIDDO

so brave

Well for one Gary Taubes in Good Calories, Bad Calories goes into EXHAUSTIVE detail to prove that CI

>hes so fucking weak that he thinks not eating for a certain amount of time will make you weak
lmao fatty dyel

>my anecdotes are better than science
this place has gone to shit. Please stay in redbit

>tfw canto learned to sign so he could tell you he's vegan when you walk by the cage

The only thing he proves in that book is what a retard he is

youtube.com/watch?v=QImWYirF0es&index=1&list=PLv3QDzdxan_JkGX47Rpboyh2oYyAFZDBA
thescienceofnutrition.wordpress.com/tag/gary-taubes/
wholehealthsource.blogspot.com/2011/08/carbohydrate-hypothesis-of-obesity.html

He got btfo by Alan Aragon in debate after debate on this topic

>Gary Taubes
nice meme

I accidentally fast some days too much to do and I will sometimes not be able to eat until after 2pm. Always feel like shit and weak and cant wait to eat when I am done.

what I have found is you unable to at best refute only one point of the other user's points.
TRIPFAG BTFO!!

able*