Is rice healthy or not? I keep getting conflicting data online...

Is rice healthy or not? I keep getting conflicting data online. Is there any real difference between white and brown rices?

Other urls found in this thread:

nutritionfacts.org/video/worth-switching-white-rice-brown/
youtube.com/watch?v=ZW4QRcjMwNM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's healthy yes, loaded with arsenic in the modern world also yes.

Stick with oatmeal, beans, potatoes etc.

Arsenic will kill you slowly but if you don't give a fuck about that keep on munching.

Rice is one of the weaker whole grains and has an issue with arsenic contamination so is best eaten infrequently

>Is there any real difference between white and brown rices?

Yes, like there is with any whole vs refined grain

nutritionfacts.org/video/worth-switching-white-rice-brown/

Damn. Rice has been a staple of my meals. How's the arsenic going to kill me?

Was the same for me aswell brother : (

Skin cancer, bladder cancer and lung cancer chances go up an awful lot.

And yet filthy Asians have the highest life expectancy

I believe you if eat you 7 bowls a day for 4 months. You can call it bullshit cause Google doesn't like my wording for trying to find the study. That or Big Rice bought Google out and shut down any searches

The competition isn't very impressive.

The competition doesn't eat as much raw fish and rice either

Different conditions there, moron.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZW4QRcjMwNM

Stay woke.

Raw fish is garbage for you aswell, it's there small portion size and overall small statures that keep them alive for so long.

Look into atherosclerosis. Humans are herbivorous animals because we can get that disease from too much cholesterol. Most animals can't.

I'm a fairly utilitarian eater. Nothing fancy, which is why rice is so prominent in my diet.

What's a good replacement that's easy/quick to make that fills out a good dinner? Someone suggested beans, potatoes, and oatmeal (which i do eat every morning.)

Legend, appreciate it.

I also want to know

I hope this is reliable because I don't have a good substitute for my brown rice..

Yeah, they work 5x harder and longer than westerners and still manage more octogenarians

Look into barley. It's like chewier rice with more fiber and nutrients.

What's a good way to cook barley?

This stuff is the shit. Simmer it in broth, add some salt, pepper, and chopped celery.

Pressure cooker is best, otherwise just boil it on the stove until it's soft. You can season it with savory herbs or soy sauce like rice. Takes longer to cook than rice though, like 30+ minutes

what is the actual name of this stuff? Khorasan wheat? Sounds like a prerequisite item for a runescape quest.

Khorasan wheat is the variety, kamut is the commercial name.

Bulgur is also good to keep around. It's parboiled whole red wheat, cooks in a few minutes

Thanks again man, appreciate it. Will have a search tomorrow.

(if anyone didn't watch the arsenic rice video above boil if 5 parts water 1 part rice and/or soak it overnight to reduce arsenic content)