Veeky Forums why aren't you eating lump crab meat in a can?

Veeky Forums why aren't you eating lump crab meat in a can?

>1g fat
>26g protein
>100 kcal

This is godtier.

So no different than any other canned meat. Yawn. Enjoy your nasty food.

user, it's crab - not just "any other" meat.

Throw it in a salad, or something, idk. I just discovered this and it's fucking amazing. I've always been a huge seafood guy.

The Crab Pill isn't for everyone I guess.

Crab is kind of expensive and it's high in cholesterol. I can't imagine canned shit is that great, I'd rather crab be a special occasion kind of food.

How much for the cans?

Sardines is where it's at.

If it was actually nice meat like in the OP I certainly would.
The one time I bought a can of crab meat (a more expensive brand from Whole Foods and everything) it was just unidentifiable brown chunks in some sort of briny sludge. Tried some and it just tasted like seawater with a strong crustacean taste (like the inside of a crawfish's head).

>Literally mercury in a can

No thanks

I get them for free. These idiots at the store just throw them out so with a hop skip and a dumpster dive, I'm swimming in free crab meat

Math doesn't add up, buddy.

wtf is wrong with you. Do you have a job?

> you need to be poor to save money

I get what being frugal is, but when you're dumpster diving, that's an issue. You might as well make begging for money a side job as well.

lol enjoy botulism and mercury poisoning OP

I'm being efficient with my monies. Nobody outside the store employees know or care that I take something someone threw out. My bank account and retirement thank me for not wasting money where it's not needed

Supermarkets are super wasteful, you can find perfectly fine sealed food in the dumpster lying on-top of mountain of perfectly fine sealed food. I'm just go bin diving as a hobby and give what I pull to homeless shelters.

good job user

> his body can't handle small doses of mercury

How defective were you at birth? Can you also not stomach milk or eat peanuts?

I'm glad people dumpster dive. I saw that documentary on it and its sickening how much perfectly good food grocery stores throw away.

I wouldn't do it personally (not worth the time, effort, and risk for me) but I won't judge people that do.

It's pretty awful that animals are taken out of the ocean or raised on a farm, killed, processed, then just thrown in the trash. If you don't think anything is wrong with that you're a bit of a sociopath in my opinion.

Sardines are cheap and full of protein

>be from Veeky Forums
>see garbage like this

I would but this kind of meat is very expensive in my part of Europe since you have to import it.

This is the case some of the time because local charities don't bother to ask every single market if they wanna sign up for donation programs because lack of collection resources. It's not to say everything thrown out in prime cut steaks with full shelf life but most bigger Chains don't wait till 0 hour to throw out canned goods. An easy way to check if the content of the cans are actually spoiled is to......check it yourself! The contents of the can don't know what the expiration date printed on it mean so out of 10 cans you might find 2 are actually crap. Then you toss out said crap and crush said can and throw it in your pile of shit you take to the recycling plant at the end of the month for your 100$ monthly bonus

I want a good cooking board but whenever I go on Veeky Forums it's just fast food posts

because it is garbage compared to tinned tuna salmon or sardines. i rotate between those three.

>cholesterol
Nice bait