Veeky Forumss thoughts on yoga? always been interested...

Veeky Forumss thoughts on yoga? always been interested, if anyone has followed along a good beginner yt video and enjoyed it, I'd be interested in hearing about it

Other urls found in this thread:

bookdepository.com/Asana-Pranayama-Mudra-Bandha-Swami-Satyananda-Saraswati/9788186336144
twitter.com/AnonBabble

for mobility there is much better stuff that is less time consuming

If the spiritual aspect doesnt click with you then it will feel like a waste of time

can you elaborate on that better stuff? I don't like wasting my time and yoga seems like a huge timewaster

Great for flexibility and I always feel a lot more refreshed and calm afterwards. Plus there's cute girls that go.

If your gym offers free classes to members, why not go check it out?

I do various poses in the bathroom before I shower, helps strengthen my core, went from 30 second to 3 minute plank.

>hot chicks in yoga pants stretching
do i need to say more?

Just do Qi Gung or Tai Chi.

Yoga actually is actually not a meme, but only as religious indian practice - practicing it as hobby is waste of time. Its only notable if you go hardcore achieving godlike flexibility, which is a lifegoal and not something you do in free time.

This if yoga doesn't do it for ya. Tai Chi is how I start my mornings and end my nights

if you end up doing yoga, dont do some fad bullshit hot yoga or bikram yoga, they are a waste of time. go for straight hatha yoga. a good book to buy to get an overview of the holistic yoga approach try this one: bookdepository.com/Asana-Pranayama-Mudra-Bandha-Swami-Satyananda-Saraswati/9788186336144

this goes through the asanas (poses) mudra (gestures) pranayama (breathing) Bandha (body locks). it even goes into cleansing rituals (swallowing 3 meteres of cloth and pulling it out again to clean your stomache)

worth it for some of the flexibility alone and the pranayama stuff can actually put you into a higher mind state if you are open to it.

I'm thinking I should give it a try. I already stretch for almost a half an hour every morning, I guess it's kinda like that. You get time to collect your thoughts but also feel better physically after it.

It helped with my back pain. I also do it every now and then if I'm feeling stressed or anxious, but not daily. I'm not into the spiritual stuff either, and sometimes it can feel like a waste of time. Try one of those 30 day yoga challenges, and see if you notice any changes.

>I don't like wasting my time
>said by user on Veeky Forums
um

Waste of time desu. Yoga can be replaced with stretching after workouts and meditation, and I'm guessing most of Veeky Forums knows this already.
But if you're somehow still straight on this board, I guess looking at 30-year-old chick's asses for an hour is nice.

Yoga fixed my squats

>(swallowing 3 meteres of cloth and pulling it out again to clean your stomache)

how did you know this was my fetish?

>for mobility there is much better stuff that is less time consuming

What is this, some type of set up for "mobility WOD hurr"?

If so, kys.

I'm gonna go for maximum flexibility then. Can I do it at home alone?

What's your practice?

Are you the /x/ guy who recommended that book to me?

Yoga with Adriene on Youtube

Yoga is awesome

nope im /fitpol/

Just do capoeira instead. Kinda like yoga and gymnastics mixed together except fun.

I did it and left it after 6 months. Asanas are good for stretching, it's also great as a mild exercise (for older people and so), but if you are not into spiritual/mistycal stuff, drop it.

>this goes through the asanas (poses) - Nice
>mudra (gestures) - Gestures you do with your hands and so. Bullshit.
>pranayama (breathing) - It didn't work for me. Bandha (body locks) - Bullshit
>cleansing rituals (swallowing 3 meteres of cloth and pulling it out again to clean your stomache) - This is a new kind of autism I never saw before.