Not losing weight

I've maintained a ~800kcal deficit for 2 weeks now but I'm not losing shit. What's wrong with me? I weigh everything I eat so I know I'm not misreporting.

6'1 189lbs, bf probably in the low 20s.

Other urls found in this thread:

symmetricstrength.com/calculator/ideal_bodyweight
symmetricstrength.com/calculator/tdee
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1. you ARE miscounting
2. water weight/shit are hiding your short term loss

those are the only 2 possibilities

Are u exercising?

Do you eat nuts? Do you consider them, too?

If you are not excercising your metabolism will slow down and counter your fat loss efforts. Also low calorieing it without keeping active will allow your body to go after more muscle than normal.

Broscience bullshit. What the fuck is wrong with fit and misinformation these days?

Op can't be on a 800 calorie defecit, he either calculated his tdee wrong or is under reporting.

Yeah makes sense. I'm pretty confident I'm reporting right. Is 2 weeks too short a time to evaluate progress?
Yeah I run 3 times a week (shut up I enjoy it) alternated with a body weight routine on non-running days
Don't eat nuts but I report literally everything.

Your body can vary in weight by like 5 pounds on a day-to-day basis. A 800 calorie deficit is like 1.5 pounds a week, so yeah it's completely possible you are losing weight and just not seeing it on the scale.

The only thing you can do is keep going if you are absolutely sure you are counting right.

Wow 5 pounds is a lot. I knew it varied but not by that much

I prepare all my own meals and I have been weighing EVERYTHING I eat on a scale so I just don't see how it could be misreporting. I use the MFP tracker.

Guess I'll keep going and check in a few more weeks thanks.

How did you calculate your BMR/TDEE? Did you use the 'sedentary' option?

Yes I did even though I cycle to work every day (~40 minutes total) and I have an exercise routine. TDEE should be 2392.

Should I be aiming for a deficit in net calories (taking exercise into account) or simply consume only 1600 calories per day?

Always weight yourself after waking up and taking a shit.

You could also get a measure tape and record your gut, arm, leg and chest: if you're getting any fitter all of those except the gut should be going up at some rate.

your tdee changes with your weight. If you had 3000kcal tdee at start maybe it's 2500kcal now

Yeah but my weight didn't change that's the point.

This.

After waking up is your dry weight and should be fairly consistent.

It really depends. Ideally, you'd want to take your exercise into account, but it's practically impossible to correctly calculate how many calories you burnt. Many calculators, especially those on machines, overestimate the burned calories by a lot.
I'd go for 1600 just to be safe, but honestly, it's up to you.

>Ideally, you'd want to take your exercise into account,
so you can eat more and lose weight slower?

So that you'll be in a ~500-700 calories deficit and not way higher. To avoid losing more muscles than necessary.

as long as you max your protein by getting 1proton per 1lbs lean body weight you should be fine as that's way more than enough protein to spare muscle mass.

Do you know anything about the accuracy of apps like runkeeper?

If those grossly overestimate calories burned from a run, that might be it. For my stats (6'1 189lbs) it estimates around 130 kcal per mile.

then you're miscalculating something

Do you ever feel hungry? You should feel hubgry on a cut

>You should feel hubgry on a cut
not with oats

>What the fuck is wrong with fit and misinformation these days?
it has always been like that. besides, metabolism may really slow down if you're facing a sudden, great deficit and that's why it's important to keep yourself active.

>~800kcal deficit
>185 cm, 85 kg
not fat at all if you were lifting ( symmetricstrength.com/calculator/ideal_bodyweight ) anyway you didn't state how did you reach that "deficit", I'd start with a -800 kcal deficit on your kcal intake starting from the symmetricstrength.com/calculator/tdee (bed-ridden settings) and wouldn't count your fancy 3 times a week run at all (it's literally nothing, contrary to popular belief)
So, ~2400kcal-800kcal= ~1600kcal
Count every single tablespoon of oil (if possible, weight it as well) and don't eat anything you didn't record in MyFitnessPal (I seriously hope you're using MFP)

>1proton per 1lbs lean body weight
still with this bullshit

>not fat at all if you were lifting
No I'm dyel but I want to get bf down to a reasonable percentage before I start muscle gain. Partly because it's supposedly better but mostly for aesthetic/motivational reasons.
>anyway you didn't state how did you reach that "deficit", I'd start with a -800 kcal deficit on your kcal intake starting from the symmetricstrength.com/calculator/tdee (bed-ridden settings) and wouldn't count your fancy 3 times a week run at all (it's literally nothing, contrary to popular belief)
Pic related. I previously used the one in the sticky but the results are close.

I did count runs in the calorie deficit. Maybe that's the problem. According to runkeeper those things burn a lot of energy (~1000 kcal for a 12k). I'll stop counting net calories and just count calories from now on.

>Count every single tablespoon of oil (if possible, weight it as well) and don't eat anything you didn't record in MyFitnessPal (I seriously hope you're using MFP)
I do and I am. Thank you. That was actually really helpful.

> Is 2 weeks too short a time to evaluate progress?

It ought to be enough, if you gather enough data. If you just weighed yourself twice, there's a good chance of being confused by randomly getting a low measurement first and a high one a week later. If you weighed everyday in the morning and there's no significant difference in the 7-day average between the two weeks, then either you're wrong about your TDEE, your calorie measurement is mistaken or your scale is broken. Once you can trust your weight and calorie measurement, the only remaining possibility is that your energy expenditure is just much lower than you thought.

>2 weeks