My body won't let me get 8 hours of sleep

>go to bed at 10/half 10
>up at 7/8 for work
>my body constantly wakes up at like 5am even though mentally i'm still tired
>refuses to let me go back to sleep despite being exhausted
>went to bed super early yesterday and my body decided to wake me up at 3am instead

I HAVE A DECENT BED TIME

I HAVE NO ISSUES GOING TO SLEEP

I GET MY CALORIES AND MACROS

I HAVE A GOOD DIET

I HAVE A ROUTINE I STICK TO IN THE GYM

WHY THE FUCK WON'T MY BODY LET ME REST

LET ME HAVE MY GAINS

What's your routine in the hour leading up to bed?

Try melatonin

Get rid of your bed and start sleeping on the floor.

Sleep on your floor OP it works wonders

>sleeps 8 hours a night

Looking good in my eyes user. I only get 5 maybe even 7 if im lucky. I'm 19 and my sleeping is shit and i can't seem to fix it.

I got up in the middle of the night to piss every night for like 5 years.

>tfw no REM sleep ever and you just want to die

I used to have difficulty getting to sleep (would take me over an hour after head hit the pillow) so now I make myself turn off my electronics and I lie down and read a book for roughly an hour before tucking myself in.

Will the adjusted sleep cycle last if I stop taking it?

I do tend to feel the most tired around 7pm.

Tips: don't look at screens for 1 hr before going to sleep. No phone, laptop or TV. Try reading or something.

Also, you might find a supplement like ZMA will help.

you have depression go to psychiatrist they will help you

I have the opposite problem. I sleep to much. 0 to 8am and then again a nap between 1 and 3pm sometimes till 4pm

What does my body tell me? Is it good for gains?

I used to have the same problem. When I'd wake up, I'd be too excited to start my day. I'd often only get 4-5 hours of sleep. I bought some blackout curtains, a fan to keep me cool/ambient noise, and a nice comforter. I now get a solid 7-8 w/o much issue.

this is me, except my morning shit wakes me up at 5:30. wtf?

Is this a meme? I'm starting to believe I should be lying on my back on the floor to sleep.

It's not a meme. I'll tell you how I came to get rid of my bed

>moving out of apartment into a house
>too poor to get moving truck
>friend helps take my stuff in his car
>time to move bed
>tiny car, no room
>well guess I'm not taking bed with me
>toss mattress and box spring out of third floor balcany
>move to new house

I've slept without a matress for 3 years now. I use blankets and two pillows. I swear I used to get back pain after 6 ish hours of sleeping in a bed and I have never once had back pain in the 3 years without my bed. Also I sleep really deeply and when it's time to wake up I spring out of bed and am ready to start my day. Plus when you're sore from working out the floor feels like a nice massage.

it takes a ton of dedication to sleep on your back if you spent your whole life side/stomach sleeping like me. The first time I tried to sleep on my back, I was up until the sun came out. The next night, I fell asleep on my back, but woke up on my side. Same thing kept happening.

I like to sleep on the floor sometimes, but I haven't managed to fall asleep on my back on the floor. Gotta be a monk to do that.

Have you considered that since you are on Veeky Forums that you managed to gain muscles on your back and THAT cured you?

Considered getting firm matress? You know floor sounds too hardcore.

> thanks for taking me home user ;-)
> how about we relax in bed?
> A-user where is your... bed?

penis

1. do you do cardio? HIIT might help

2. Are you stressed out much?

3. Are you taking Vitamin D3 close to bedtime?

4. What time is your last meal and what do you typically eat?

5. Is it noisey outside. How much daylight is coming through your window? Have you tried facing the other direction in bed? Try getting thicker curtains.

6. How much caffeine do you consume over the day?

Your body sleeps in 1.5 blocks btw. You either have to sleep 7.5 hours or 9 hours. Your body is doing 7.5.

You might be able to get up at 5am while tired and do some stretching/yoga/meditating. You could even go to the gym at this hour as its less busy

I have slept on the floor for almost a decade now and I still occasionally have insomniac issues like what OP is describing. It does not cure insomnia.

are you a slave ?

I used to have really bad insomnia.

Somethings to consider.

If you're really fat, try cutting I think it helps with sleep hormones.

If you're cutting try having carbs close to bed time.

Keep your sleep schedule consistent, go to bed early. Like at least 2 hours before you normally do. This gives you sometime to relax and will help clean up your sleep hygiene.

No phone or laptop before bed.

No sleeping during the day time. Minimize naps.

Work out hard. Do cardio, lift. Squats and sprints are really good at burning you out so you sleep good.

And lastly be patient. It takes time for your body to get used to a new sleep schedule. Try sleeping when it's dark out, any light will mess up your sleep.

Good luck.

How much caffeine and sugar do you consume in a day, and what time is your last consumption

That is entirely possible. When I threw out my bed, I was doing more snatch grip deadlifts and farmer walks and holds. I rowed a lot too, but honestly I could sleep without pain when I ditched my bed.

I did pull one girl without a bed. I didn't tell her and I just threw down some blankets and pillows and she just went with it.

Another girl that I had a crush on for years was at my place because I was throwing a party. At the end of the night she was in my room and we started making out and touching each other. I was undoing her shorts and she was like "I don't do that anymore". She had become religious, apparently, and didn't want to go all the way even though she was giving me all the signs of fucking. The bed thing didn't appear to be an issue.

It might not cure insomnia but it might allow his body to get a few more hours of sleep. Honestly I think getting rid of the bed is good for most people. The only thing that sucks is if you get someone who is very bed dependant and you have to compromise with them about having a bed.

Honestly when I slept in a closet that was the best sleep I had ever got in my life. A pitch black room with no electronics or screens to distract me. I wish I could go back to that closet...

>She had become religious, apparently, and didn't want to go all the way even though she was giving me all the signs of fucking.

That was a shit test / Last Minute Resistance. Its called LMR in the PUA world.

One of the few things PUAs got right - and its very useful - is the idea of freezing out a girl who gives LMR.

So when you are in bed and getting naked and she says im not that kind of girl (even though she has been in the past and she is here hooking up with you), what you need to do is say "Ah no worries", get up and do something else.

Dont try to change her mind. Dont kiss her. Dont give her lots of attention. Dont show disappointment. Dont make it seem like you didnt want to have sex. Your frame is that you wanted to have sex with her, but you wont push her, and its not happening, so you will do something else.

You can sit up, turn the TV on, read a newspaper, start doing some work or something. You might want to ask her to leave or not.

She then might get emotional or ask what you are doing. She will expect you to fight for her. Dont. Then after 3-15 minutes she will be horny and basically initiate sex with you.

Go to sleep early
Have a routine and stick with it
Try reading without a Backlot screen for 1 hour before bed
Eliminate caffeine consumption

Also, bimodal sleep (look it up) was common in our ancestors before the advent of electricity. It is fine I'd you wake up during the night. Just read for an hour then go back to bed.

I have the same problems. All these years of school have conditioned me into waking up at 7AM, regardless of when i fall asleep
Also every now and then i wake up in the middle of the night to go pee. I'm 19

I had the same for a while
Turned out it was caused by anxiety and mental stress

What ended up helping was getting laid more
I know that's not excactly good advice, but you really are more relaxed with a warm qt next to you

>he fell for the 8 hours of sleep meme

Do you feel fine or like shit? That's what's important.

That's good to know. I actually did something like that. I did say, "Oh that's okay" But then we kinda cuddled and I fell asleep. I still wonder to this day if I should have tried again a few minutes later.

Unfortunately she went away on a mission trip to Germany for all the immigrants there and I never really talked to her again. She's back in the States but has a boyfriend now. But when she left the next morning she it felt like she was a little emotional and it seemed like it would be the last time I would see her(which it was).

The crazy thing is that before that night I was at a friends place and almost the same thing happened the night before

>lying in bed talking late at night
>told her that I wanted to kiss her
>she laughed and said okay
>start making out heavily
>get undressed
>about to pull off her undwear and eat her out
>"Um, user I don't think we should do anything else"
>ask her why
>"I don't want my friends to think I've had sex".
>confesses she had sex before but didn't want her friends to find out
>slightly disappointed but roll with it
>kiss a little bit and then go to sleep

Really makes me wonder... is it me?

Try taking some supplements see if they help? I take High dose of melatonin if I struggle to sleep that week. I take like 15mg a night but as high as 30. I was getting like 4 hours of sleep at one point it helps sometimes. I also take magnesium with my stack of shit. Try that though and see if it helps. I also tend to sleep better while on Mk677 if you take any sarms.

Same here OP. I wake up at 3:45am weekdays to get to the gym before work, after a year or so of that, my body does this every morning no matter what. No matter what time I go to bed

So I just go to bed at 7:30pm. No big deal if I go a little later, I'm not natty

> "Oh that's okay" But then we kinda cuddled and I fell asleep. I still wonder to this day if I should have tried again a few minutes later.

If you tried again then she would have still denied you, so dont feel bad about that. But if you froze her out a bit then she would have initiated with you herself, and you would have had sex.

You should have got up, brushed your teeth, changed into PJs, and got ready for bed, then told her goodnight. Then she would have bored or whatever. If she says "i want to cuddle and talk" then just say "haha, dont worry we can talk at breakfast, i need to catch some zzz".

Then maybe in a few minutes she will start rubbing against you are kissing you as she wants your attention. Thats when you basically are free to fuck her. If she THEN says to stop (this only happens like 5% of the time) then you can tell her to stop leading you on and wasting your time, and that youve been nice to her, and maybe she should leave.

Ive been beta and ive been alpha at different points in my life. I pretty consistently can get girls back to my place and sleep with girls at parties and stuff. This methodology works better than anything, and it works basically all the time.

The general rule I play by is cuddles are for after sex. And also talking about deep / personal stuff. Girls have to earn it. Girls like this too: they prefer it if they have to earn it as then it makes it actually worth something. If you wear your heart on your sleeve then your thoughts are worth less to them.

Being firm but fair to them is what they really want. Girls push to make you beta but its not what they truly want. Make them work for your attention and commitment etc

I have never liked beds. The floor is more comfortable.

I like that picture, mind if i borrow it ;)

(continued):

Just remember when freezing her out or denying her attention:

- You are not being rude
- You are not making some kind of point
- You are not bitter
- You just dont like cuddling and talking about sappy emotions for a long time as it feels kind of beta/wrong/awkward (which it is)
- it doesnt feel as awkward after sex because oxytocin is released inside you, so you dont mind a bit of cuddling and intimate talk then
- You value your time
- She is being a time ho / an attention ho
- But you arent mad at her for that. Its in her nature. just as its in your nature to want to take her to pound town. you each have denied each other gentley, and thats totally fine
- She must initiate - it must be her idea to have sex
- You cant negotiate desire
- Rational brain is slave to reptilian brain - and all her reptilian brain cares about is excitement, attention

Big important point:
- Kissing RELEASES sexual tension. If you are trying to have sex with her then you need to be BUILDING IT UP NOT RELEASING IT.
- Long make-out sessions make sex much less likely.
- Initiating a kiss, but then pulling away or denying attention BUILDS sexual tension
- When sexual tension is REALLY HIGH she will just jump all over you and strip off
- You need to be doing push/pull on her

Basically you need to read the top posts on reddit in r/theredpill and r/seduction for a few weeks, all i've given you is the quick rundown. But if you truly internalise what I've wrote you wont get LMR ever gain.

>Honestly when I slept in a closet that was the best sleep I had ever got in my life. A pitch black room with no electronics or screens to distract me. I wish I could go back to that closet...

How interesting... May I ask, When did you come out of the closet?

Try backing off on the gym weights and relax some more.

Going in for the kiss and stopping halfway is my all-time favourite flirting trick

It drives girls crazy, especially when you don't release the tension afterwards

I like to move in real close, grab her hair, make our lips 1 cm apart, then pull back and say something stupid like "nah, you're too short", "I'm too shy", etc.
Girls go MAD, it's insane

bwahahahahaha

Smoke weed dude

Meditate when you wake up. Better than just tossing and turnin g.

Aaaaaaaand yet another thread ruined by sex bragging normies.

This website is utter shit. Thought I could avoid the normies by sticking to a thread that had nothing to do with sex but no, these subhumans feel the need to humblebrag in every fucking thread even when the topic has nothing to do with it.

Dude, people are giving legit advice and you're getting mad

Tell me something better than sex for fixing your sleep schedule

>I HAVE NO ISSUES GOING TO SLEEP

Then go back to sleep.

Just relax, don't stress about "mah gainz!".

Maybe an eye-mask so the morning sun doesn't wake you up early?

Sup fellow floor sleeper.

>had water bed
>it pops while I'm sleeping
>wake up in foul sludge
>no money for new bed
>pull out sleeping bag
>sleep in that for next four years

Just take a Nytol?

Fuck off mate, no one likes a bitter virgin.

How about you fuck off and stop shitting up every thread by bragging like a nigger? This thread is about sleep.

Sure thing guy.

Thanks for the advice! I'll keep that stuff in mind. There's a girl I'm working on right now but I can't read her. She's excited to see me and talk but not so much that I can tell she likes me. I try to talk with her but I don't feel like I have anything to say. She seems very walled off and distant but also emotional. That's just my perception though.

Damn that's crazy. What the hell is inside a water bed? Also how does it compare to sleeping on the ground?

They might be memeing, but this has actually helped me in the past. Try it out and see if it helps.