What is the ideal age to move out of your parents house? I'm 21 and living with them is getting unbearable...

What is the ideal age to move out of your parents house? I'm 21 and living with them is getting unbearable. They are preventing my gains and any sort of quality of life.

Love your parents, they might not do a good job but they still care about you

must suck to have shit parents

This, but also, it's time for you to move out.

16 If you're smart.
If you're not smart never ever since you save so much on rent and probably food it's not funny.

Im still at home at 25 and it feels good tbhfam

i feel you man
>25
>no license
>no car
>still live at home

my self confidence is so fucking low now. I used to live on my own in a different town but came back because I have a 3 year old sister and I help take care of her now.

18 if you are financially well enough to do so 21 is pushing it.

i think you meant to say ever if you are a plebian cuck and never if you are a elite superior gentlemen

I'm working from home at 24 and it's fine tbqh. I'm saving money though thinking about moving out with my gf

>24
>well paying job
>own a car
>still live at home
Fucking California even on $25/h it's not worth moving out.

Dont feel bad. I make 50/hr and i still live at home. Cali is expensive man

what you dont like paying $1200 a month for just rent? you dont like paying 2x as much for your food,gas,utility,etc? gosh you lazy mellanials WORK A JOB YOU BUM

>tfw scraping by at $25 in CA

Fuck I could afford it but at this point why bother. Instead I'm saving 25% of my paycheck in various ways like Roth IRA, 401k, ESPP, and normal investments. Might as well live at home forever.

yeah for me moving out was also a mistake i can already move back they said but mom is dating black guys and dad is divorced....so im just gonna not do that

Where is rent only $1,200? I want to live there.

Do girls care if you still live at home? Like if you're hitting it off with a chick but she lives with her friends and you live at home, will she care?

I live near Washington DC and pay 1700 a month

It probably doesn't look too great.

I pay 900 a month for a studio with roaches in the ghetto in California. Make $13.70. Kill me.

>ma nigga
I'm at $2k per month in the DC area. Worth it, right?

One night stands who cares. Girlfriend though, yes, it matters

last i heard from my gram it was that a couple years ago

If you aren't a poor cuck or a dumb cuck 18 when you go to live on campus

Depends entirely on the girl. I live at home and still have a gf.

honestly, moving out at 18 and having to struggle to pay the bills for years made me the man i am today -- gave me a lot of drive to kickstart my career

Why do all Americans go to live in campus? Here they literally don't exist, I go to university in public transport

Because most states in the US are bigger than European countries and students move to whatever university accepted them.

Im turning 26 in less than a month, honestly where i live, house prices are ridiculous so living at home with rents a little while longer is not really frowned upon. However, i just finished a fuckton a school work, and got into a same field as my rents, but its driving me absolutely insane dealing with my mom, im legit losing sleep over it because she still thinks she can control my life, i absolutely have no say in anything and disregards any opinion i have so i grew up without a voice to heard. I just learned to ignore her as much as i can and save up enough to move the fuck away. After that i can definitely try rebuilding my relationship with her, but right now it is a nightmare and want to cover her face with a pillow every night

and what happens when you get your degree, genius?

You use your degree in engineering to get a well paid job

dude, just move out and get a roommate or two if necessary -- roughly where do you live?

I moved out at 25. I am miserably poor as a result.

just one or 2 generations back it was normal to move out at 16-18.
Now all 30 year olds stay home and talk about their "shit" parents on Veeky Forums and reddit.
What is this world coming to?

I think what he means is the campus vs specialized student houses thing
in europe, normal family homes are converted to "student houses", which house around 4-8 people. Each room is basically converted into a bedroom, and kitchen and bathrooms are shared

Currently living with them now. Getting my master's and working at 23 isn't too bad.

Live in cheaper areas, the catch 22 is generally there are no jobs

I'm in Canada Windsor and rent is 550-600/mo you go north of Toronto and its 1500-1800mo

Dude leave immediately. Start taking necessary steps, like fucking tomorrow. You don't want to resent your mother more than you already do. I went through similar shit and after moving out we are much much muuuuch cooler with each other now. Save your relationship now dude or will you face the ultimate regret.

no government grant if you have a lower income? could save you like 200 a month

I did it at 16, your way late.
be ashamed.

I might do that. It might be good to not be paying $2k per month in rent but have a longer commute. Maybe.

>Left home at 26
>Not proud of it but things happened and I lived at home for a while
>Thing is the earlier you move out the harder and actually healthier your life begins
>Living at home with parents and siblings keep you in a childish mentality
>I learned the most about life moving two thousand miles away from home and starting my life on my own
>Successful these days, and I think its only because I was forced to be alone and figure it out

pretty similar story here famalam

>implying everyone who goes to uni is employable
not the issue but living at home is fucking fine, your parents are probably dreading the day you leave them (unless you've got hallow murkan parents). only downside is you can't bring girls back to fuck and have to adhere to house rules.

Guys I get the "save money on rent" meme but this is pure suffering me. I fuxking hate it!

I need a new fresh start.

What's up, whats your current situation?

Do you work, go to school have any short and maybe long term goals for life?

When you wake up, what do you do?

Work min wage job and lift.

I do nothing else.

I'm about to be 23.
No degree and work a whatever job.
I sort of don't really care anymore.

You should move out as soon as you start full time work. Currently 22 and waiting to start my postgrad degree, then I'm gone for good.

I'm 23. I'd say the last straw would be 27-29. You wouldn't want to be a 30 year old man living with his parents.

I don't know why I'm compelled to write these useless comments. Is it altruism? I fucking hate this website. God dammit I can't leave. I can only limit myself a few minutes a day.

Hopefully I can finally let go.

I turned 30 3 months ago. I work 40 hours a week doing construction at $14 / hr. I live with parents, havent been laid in 10 years. Dont turn out like me bros. All I have is masturbation and jogging

My parents said I can stay with them until I get married/settle down.

Probably gonna keep living them even when I make 100k+ to help put my siblings through school and help out around the house.

You guys really should consider helping out at home once you've made it financially.

you don't even have a license? What the fuck is wrong with you?

It doesn't matter if you're Chad. Women really would rather fuck Chad living in his moms basement than some ugly gymcel with his own apartment or house.

I moved out at 17. I lived with my grandmother for a year then lived in dorm at uni until I could afford my own place.

>18
>thinking about joining military since I have no clue what I want to do with my life
>parents tell me to go to school
>forget to tell me that they can't pay for school
>drop out 2 years in because parents refuse to help pay
>join national guard to pay for my tuition
>away from home for a year doing training
>enroll in classes
>parents now hinting that I need to move out
>literally making college unaffordable again
>both older siblings got college done with, no worries
>last child gets shit on because parents literally cannot think 4 years into the future

My parents house is a fat 6 bedroom place.
I could move out into some squalid apartment more centrally in the city but why? The air quality alone is better here and my gym is a 15 minute run away

18 at the latest desu. If you aren't physically or mentally retarded then there is no fucking reason to stay at home after 18. Why would you even want to? I love my parents but I couldn't stand having them controlling my life so I left a few weeks after turning 18.

When you guys say you can't bring women back to fuck at your parents house, do you mean the woman won't want to go, or do you mean your parents won't allow it?

My parents are all for that and wouldn't mind at all if I brought a woman home to fuck.

If you aren't employable after Uni there is no fucking hope for you. Either your grades were shit which is your own fault, or you picked a useless degree which again is your own fault.

You moved out at the point where parents stop controlling your lives. I'm 29 and still at home and they stopped telling me what to do the day I turned 18. I haven't moved out because there's no point. I'll move out if I get married to a good girl, until then I'm hoarding money so I can buy a home in cash.

even a 'useless' degree can get you a job if youre even the slightest bit confident in an interview. I have a degree in history and I work in financial services

How much do you have saved up already?

I'm 26, moved out at 22

My parents are cool and sometimes I wonder why I moved out. It seems like all I've done is throw away thousands of dollars in rent and bills

Little under $250k.

I've saved about 25k/year for a home, and made extra contributions to my retirement fund.

Been thinking about buying investment property but I can't be fucked dealing with that shit, so I'm just gona keep saving and buy in an area ill wanna live for a long time.

Nah, not these days.

You're already guaranteed student debt, to have difficulty finding a job, and then should you achieve a job you'll be paid significantly less than the previous generations.

Then you consider the housing prices are skyrocketing but aren't scaling with wages. That the majority of millennials will never earn enough to actually buy a home.

Basically, you're fucking yourself in the ass if you willingly put MORE financial stress on yourself.

Our generation has taken the punch for the one before it, we're cut off and expected to fund social services and to do so with no support, act accordingly.

Oh yeah, my parents have never charged me rent or anything. They love having me around and love the idea that I've made myself financially secure. I could literally become a NEET for 20 years right now before the money runs out.

Never. Just inherit the house when they die.

>Wasting ~$300k of your lifetime earnings because of a social stigma

I have a full-time job and will continue to live with my parents as long as they let me even if my income improves. With all the extra money I save, I contribute to the family by buying groceries, paying for home improvements, buying new appliances when something breaks, helping out with my sister's college, helping with my parents' medical bills, and being essentially an "emergency fund" for my family because I built up a huge cash buffer and can put down thousands without warning.

It started out as temporary arrangement to get established and pay down some student loans, but I don't see a reason to ever stop. Maybe one day if I have a student loan paid off, car paid off, and enough cash to buy a house then I'll consider moving out... but other than that it's just a flat waste of money.

Multi-generational households are the way to go and are a hella efficient way to live. Humans are a tribal species. Don't fall for the housing jew. American baby boomers are the only generation in human history to just up and leave their families behind at 18 and somehow they've convinced us all that that's normal and expected of every generation. They're an exception, not the rule.

Although I agree with what you said about staying home, what you said about multi generational households is incorrect.

Historical records show as far back from 1700s to early 1900s that the most common house hold was single generation. People moved out of their parents place and started working very early. By 16-18 most people had already established their own home and family,

I moved out on the day of my high school graduation. Haven't spoken to a single member of my family since. I am 32.

This also requires having a cool family. Best of luck to you guys with raging narcissists or controlling Christian fundamentalists for parents.

Kind of retarded how you downplay it as merely a "social stigma" issue. There's loads of other reasons to move out.

>these are the kinds dysfunctional people from dysfunctional homes making fun of happy people for still living at home in their happy families

I'm not dysfunctional. I worked and got an engineering degree, married with 2 sons and a daughter, and perfectly happy. My life is great.

In my case: I have to pay for my own food and share of utilities, so I'm only really saving on rent - which is essentially rooming with a bunch of people I don't get along with. We've literally gotten into an argument every week or two for the last few years.

Also my parents house is in a shitty area with little economic opportunity for decent jobs in my field, so I have to commute a long time to work when I could be living closer.

Tell me again how living on my own is "le boomer jew meme"?

And your kids will never know your side of the family and it will forever be an awkward and sensative topic and your kids will forever feel like they're different to everyone else for not knowing half their family. I can only imagine how bad it will be for them if your wife has also done the same as you by cutting all contact with her family aswell.

Well?

Give me one good reason why I should live with my parents when it harms my social life, raises my stress and cucks me in terms of economic opportunity?

>inb4 u save money
Tell me what fucking good money is when I can't spend it to enjoy myself.

Am I going to get buried with millions of dollars? Why work at all if spending some money to vastly improve your quality of life is bad?

this is true. my dad went no contact on my grandmother after my grandfather died and when she passed last year I was actually pissed off at the fact I didnt even care. I should have cared goddamit!

What is your point?

What if his family is degenerate as fuck?(which it likely is - people don't cut contact with their family over nothing). Should he be associating with his degenerate family or branching out on his own with his wife and kids?

He left at 18 as a bitter angst faggot. Then 14 years went by and he stopped seeing his family probably because of some shitty teenager reasons and now since he knows he fucked up he has to rationalise his decision.

Oh no, my children will never have terrible people in their lives despite the fact they share blood. How tragic. You're a fag dude. I'm not some edgy teenager. I had my reasons, and I'm happy. If I'm happy, I did the right thing. Also, why would my wife cut her family out of her life? My wife doesn't come from a shitty family. It's actually really nice. No bitching and complaining about who's parents we spend Christmas or thanksgiving with, life is pretty simple that way. My kids know why they will never know their uncle or grandparents on my side. You make it sound like the end of the world, or that life can't possibly be worth living without your family in it. Were you breastfed into your teenage years? It seems you are taking the NEET never leaving home meme a little far.

You're on Veeky Forums despite having a wife and kids.

Something about that tells me you're not entirely happy with your life. How fat is your wife?

>bitter angst faggot

See, this is why you're dumb. You have no idea what I have been put through. You think you do, because your life has been easy. Not everyone has an easy life or parents who treat their children like they are actually human. You must be very sheltered.

Not fat at all. I leave home for work. 2 weeks on, two weeks off. It sucks being away from home, but the money is over double what I would make coming home every night, so we will put up with it for another 5 years. Plus my union pension is getting really fat. That will be nice to fall back on.

took me until 23. was ready at 22 but it took a while to find the right place.

if you're done with school and well employed, then you should be all set.

You don't even know his situation, you're a huge faggot just like the rest of the retards ITT saying "I get along great with my parents and live in a place close to my job! I don't get what the big deal for you guys is!"

Is it that hard to imagine some people don't get along with their parents? Parents can be cancerous and hold you back too. There's many cases where there's no way you would ever speak to a person if they behaved like one's parents. So why is cutting them off so bad?

Seriously how are you guys so fucked that you don't realise that people have different families? If living with your parents at 35 works for you, COOL DUDE I'm glad. But what is with this "Assuming everyone's family is like theirs" crap?

Well?

Can someone chime in. Explain to me why I should live with my parents.

I don't really trust the opinion of an 18 year old faggot. Maybe you were just a little emotional shit and your view of your family was coming from that perspective of a little ignorant shit.

An 18 year old will have a completely different relationship with their parents at 21 and 25 etc. if you were 18 and just booked out you were still a kid and had no real perspective of your family because you were still a angst teen.

You're an adult at 18 and have lived with your parents for nearly two decades. I think you can make a decision whether they're harming/holding you back or helping you.

>union pension at 32
Dude try harder

This. I began buying odds and ends for my apartment when I turned 17. Silverware, towels, toaster...basically anything that you forget about when you move out. When I turned 18 I left and didn't have to spend what very little disposable income I had on that stuff. Time to get planning, OP.

wtf are idiots doing going to post secondary without scholarships its like you want to have arrested development and become a debtcuck

whenever you get into university so probably 18-20

if you don't plan on going to university you're white trash and I can't give you advice

Are you regarded? How do you think people get pensions? By paying into them. I'm paying into my pension, just like everyone else who has one. When I retire, I will collect it, just like everyone else who has one. You're pretty stupid, huh?

This might be the dumbest post in the thread. People with a mountain of student debt they can't pay picked degrees with little or no job opportunities. Anyone who's not an idiot would look at the job market when deciding what they will study.

>calls a post dumb then says exactly the same thing I did but more autistically

thanks for the input adam lanza

just move out already you idiot. if it's a stupid decision to live with them then don't do it.

Show us a picture of your wife's titties, cucknigger