Tfw I realize keto kills gains

tfw I realize keto kills gains

Nothing like bigagra and its (((diet))) catching on among reddit.

Someone mentioned needed to do a carb refeed every seventh day to prevent gainz loss, which obviously would throw you out of ketosis every week. I don't know how long it takes to re-enter ketosis.

Nah, you just look soft and depleted and weak because you're not eating carbs.

So I guess you're kind of losing gains.

This is why it's a good idea to have high carb moderate protein with low fat. You still get your protein in, you still get your essential fats in, but the remainder of your calories comes from carbs which keeps you full, hard and strong.

5 days

WOKE AS FUCK, WELCOME BROTHER

1 day if you do cardio for an hour

no your muscles just look smaller due to your ristricted carb intake.

you'll fill out and look 30% bigger when you start eating carbs again

SOoooo is keto good or bad? I'm starting Monday but you guys are making me nervous

What if you're a fat fuck?
Can you just never eat starchy carbs, but other sources of carbs?

Im so lost

It's good, and easy to stick to if you count calories and macros with an app. I use myfitnesspal in addition to the fitbit app because it automatically syncs my steps as exercise. Eat 3-5mg of salt everyday after the first couple days, keep an eye on potassium as well. "Keto flu" is mostly avoidable if you keep electrolytes up. I'm two weeks in and feel fantastic. Take it easy if you exercise, don't overdo it, as your body is somewhat stressed from the transition to begin with. I felt pretty low energy for a couple days but I was eating at an 800 or so calorie deficit. Lost 7lbs so far and my bodyfat scale says I'm steadily losing bf. Weee!

It's dumber than vegetarianism, but not as dumb as veganism.

As an aside, I've taken antidepressants off and on, but my brain feels fantastic running on fat.

Can someone break down what to eat and not eat while doing keto?

Do you not eat any source of carbs at all??

How's your muscle mass holding up?

You can't fully avoid carbs, vegetables are carbs. However fiber basically subtracts your carbs. Ideally people are around 30g of carbs for the whole day. The idea is that you eat more protein and fats and only 10% is carbs so your body moves on to its next energy source --- fats.

You would eat greens, meats, nuts, avocados. Wholesome foods, you can get pretty creative. Watch some keto youtube videos, like a grocery shopping video or visit pinterest

Processed carb foods are out. Bread, sweets, sodas, etc. Typical rule of thumb is to keep carb grams somewhere between 20-40. If a food has fiber you can subtract those grams from the carb total as they do not effect your insulin levels.
Eat about 25% calories of protein and around 70% of fat. Fatty meats are an easy way to keep ratios acceptable. Bacon, moist brisket, etc. If you eat lean meats you'll have to include fats like avocado, mayonaisse, butter, olive oil, etc. Just an fyi as well, in a pinch McDonalds bugers with no ketchup or buns are about a perfect ratio of fat to protein.

If my bf sensing scale is accurate at all, I'm doing pretty well.

Spinach is my goto for vegetables. Lots of good nutrients and decent fiber.

My fitness pal? What are you using?

Fuck yeah, thanks bros.
I'm going to turn my life around. Was there a noticeable drop in weight when you guys first started Keto?

Men lose body fat faster than women, I lost 40 pounds in 3 months so you'd probably lose more than me if you stay committed

I use MyFitnessPal and Fitbit because I have a heartrate tracking fitbit. They sync data together which is fantastic. I track exercise and steps in the fitbit app and food, nutrients, macros in MFP. That screenshot is the Fitbit app.

I've lost like 7lbs since last week. They say you lose quite a bit of water weight in the beginning because of science, but it was nice to see the scale drop regardless. My scales BF% has been dropping as well, so it's not all water. Plus I drink water like a fish. One fantastic part of a keto diet is feeling full. Eating so much fat and protein keeps me full for quite a while. It's pretty easy to keep a calorie deficit.

Also, do it. Let's get fit!

>10lbs in the first 2 weeks.
>1-2lbs per week consistently after that.
Definitely water in those first 2 weeks. Keeping a log like this has been the biggest benefit to me. It keeps me accountable.

And remember, if you are keeping up with your calories and macros and feel like shit, investigate your electrolytes. You are probably need more salt or potassium in your diet. You need to consciously eat more salt than did on a higher carb diet.

So before I begin tomorrow ( about to sleep now )
I should stay within 0-40grams of carbs. Then moderate protein, high fats?

And lift of course.

you ketofags just don't get it. This is not an open discussion, Keto bodybuilders make shittier gains. That's all there is to it, you fags will be coasting for life

Keto is for fat fucks who want to shed a ton of weight while eating fatty foods. There's not much reason to do it if you're already been lifting and just looking to go on a cut because you need protein and too much protein will knock you out of ketosis.

Im only doing keto to shed a ton of fat. I dont think I'll be doing it forever.