My lats/delts are seriously lacking right now, what are your favorite workouts that I should work into my rotation?

My lats/delts are seriously lacking right now, what are your favorite workouts that I should work into my rotation?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=1SnVJDt7jts
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

try to hold in all your farts for 5 minutes

Weighted pullups are godly

>implying I'm not on nobrap

rows

upright rows for delts
pull-ups and pulldowns for lats

Who's got the [Bruce Lee lats] program?

>lots of volume over years
>good insertions
There you go

>pull-ups and pulldowns
can i save time by doing nothing?

>Lats

Chin ups or pull ups. Chin ups will also get you more of them bicep gains

>Delts

OHP

Don't do upright rows for any reason.

Weighted chins or hammer chins
Bodyweight chins or hammer chins

Pull ups slightly favor lower traps over lats (obviously you can still build tremendous lats with pull ups) but more importantly chins are easier to ensure consistent progression (and thus more prog overload)

Everything from the scientific lit to the anecdote of lat-monsters like dorian yates say chins are best.

Heavy fucking barbell rows (yate's will obviously target the lats harder. There are jewtubes of dorian himself demonstrating the row, I found them the most useful - never liked yate's prior to hearing it come from the mouth of the horse)
As heavy as you can go while maintaining clean form for reps.

Some people prefer seal rows or cable rows or single arm rows. Not saying they are wrong necessarily but DEFINITELY don't treat those rows as a main lift like chins or bb row.

They make great accessories if you are struggling to accumulate enough volume to reachh your MRV

Obviously if you are novice, focus on 3x5 LP with no accessories.

what's the right grip for upright row? should my hands be relatively close like holding a kettle bell or slightly farther apart like waist length

why no upright rows?

thanks man I'll definitely check out his channel

Upright rows will impinge your shit.
You can't have your humerus elevated that high while your shoulder is in internal rotation. It will impinge your rotator cuff tendons

>but I have good shoulder r mobility and it doesn't hurt!
Tendons/ligaments aren't innervated, they literally can't feel pain (any pain associated with tendon issues is usually regional inflammation, not the actual tendons hurting) Enjoy your nonfunctional shoulders in 10-15 years

Klokov press.

why not I really like doing them and they're effective?
for me the most comfortable is a close grip just inside the knurling. though I use a 10kg barbell instead of a standard one because I find it easier so the knurling is probably not standard. but very close less thsn 20cm apart. I also like to rotate my thumbs up to the bar kinda like a suicide grip. feels a lot better on my wrists and forearms.

My biggest fear is having huge lats without the arms to match

I don't think he has a channel.

But if you are looking for legit fitness science on jewtube:
iraki nutrition, juggernaut training systems, 3dmj

Probably the best ones around

you're not supposed to go that high with upright rows. they definitely get uncomfortable if you do and that's a good sign to not go as high.

c l i m b
l
i
m
b

Literally a meme that 98% of lifters can't do without causing injury

If you have the shoulder mobility of an elite olympic athletr, then sure.. go for it

well shit thanks for the warnings man I'll definitely replace them with something else

You cannot train lats without training arms

Even with a pronated grip, pull ups and rows still train bicep.
Yeah if the bar goes above your sternum it starts to impinge... that is a shitty ROM
If you really want, there is this faggy replacement
m.youtube.com/watch?v=1SnVJDt7jts

Tl;dw: use dumbbells and externally rotate your shoulders

Tbdesu just do shoulder raises.
More shoulder raises
All the shoulder raises.

Also pressing and push pressing obvi
>T. A natty that got accused of roid delts

This guy beat me to it. Internally rotating your humerus like that, then abducting it against resistance is a really good way to impinge tendons in the shoulder joint.

Even if it wasn't objectively bad for your shoulders, there is nothing they accomplish that OHP doesn't accomplish better.

sorry for the dumb question but by shoulder raises do you mean forward/lateral raises with dumbbells or is that something else?

Also after you finish your shoulder workout, do bodyweight shoulder raises.
Like 70-100 reps or whatever gets you close to/at failure

You will feel like there are daggers in your shoulders. Best doms ever.

Then for the 2-3 days after that you can just do bw shoulder raises (I call them flappy birds) just to stimulate the muscle and get a pump. The muscle will be fatigued enough for this to actually result in a meaningful stimulus for growth.

Just push past the point where you think
>okay my shoulders are recovering faster than I am damaging them with these bodyweight bullshit shoulder raises, I just got memed by a shitposter
Because around rep 70-80 it should start to burn

rear delt pullups
rear delt flys.

I do the pullups by going under my bed frame, and doing them on the support. Like a reverse pushup

Correct.
And rear.

I like to do side laterals.
But I "cheat" by pointing my thumb up (ensuring external rotation, thus preventing impingement - literally the same issue as with upright rows)

This brings in more of the front delt.

Then I lean forward to bring it back to the rear/side delts.

It ends up hitting all three heads of my shoulder pretty successfully.
So I basically do only that and press variations

>there is nothing they accomplish that OHP doesn't accomplish better.
it's not like I don't train OHP. for me the upright rows feel like they hit the delts even more specifically despite doing them after I've already done OHP

awesome, thanks for the tips

interesting, I'll try it

It doesn't guarantee your arms will grow proportionally with your lats

Yes it does.
I literally never train arms, and I wouldn't mind if they were proportionally a tad smaller

fag

Pull ups.