Skinny fat. Cut or bulk? 5'11", 150 lbs, roughly 21% bf. What routine should I do to get ottermode?

Skinny fat. Cut or bulk? 5'11", 150 lbs, roughly 21% bf. What routine should I do to get ottermode?

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149807833
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bump

m8 why would you cut there's nothing to reveal under the fat. Just eat at a decent surplus and follow some program diligently. In 3 months you'll be very happy

Which program? I'm currently eating 1800 calories a day and lifting four times a week

>1800 calories a day

Yeah, the sticky told me to subtract 500 from my TDEE. But the thing is, I still don't know what routine to stick with when my goal is ottermode

I've been hitting the gym but I'm literally DYEL mode right now

There's no fucking way you have 21% body fat unless it's all concentrated in your thighs and glutes.

Just eat at least 2100-2500 Cal's a day and lift 4 days a week. Throw in cardio if you start gaining fat.

so you understand you are dyel but are cutting?

>1800 calories a day
Wiuuuhh
You are not DYEL mode you are Auschwitz surviver mode.
Start eating at least 3000 a day and lift heavy.

The shit I read here sometimes.

What is my bf% then? I was just guessing

WHAT ROUTINE SHOULD I DO FOR OTTERMODE? I've been hitting back, tri and bis, looking like a complete DYEL at the gym

3500 calories a day
5/3/1, Starting Strength with rows, or GS 5x5
Sleep 8-10 hours a night
Wait six months
PPLxPPL, heavy one half of the week and light the other

>5'11
>21% bf
>150lbs

HOW

I'm 5'11 @ 175 and I'm like 18%bf
I don't even know what to recommend here. I\d say bulk but I'm still cutting so I have no fucking idea

I looked at SS and it says to do deadlifts. At my gym they have those curved barbells. Is it possible to deadlift with those?
>21%
I was just guessing. I don't know tbqhwy

Why the fuck did you guess your body fat percentage? There are sites out there (which are super inaccurate btw) that would all say you're much lower than 21%. Fuck man you look like 10% with no muscle

mate, have you even read the sticky? Have you calculated your BF% on the navy calculator?

You need to bulk. I'd lean bulk with 300+ maximum over your TDEE and go from there.

Does your gym not have regular Olympic Barbells and plates? Where the fuck are all these squatrackless and Barbelless gyms people keep paying for? You could if you had to.

I went on google images and 21% looks reasonable, which is why I want to cut down to 12% and get ottermode lifting heavy shit

You're like 15% with ZERO muscle

B U L K N O W

I'm using a trial at Anytime Fitness. Should I go to another gym?
15%? bull shit. I look fat as fuck!

Jesus dude you don't look like that 12% on Google images from having zero muscle and cutting. I'm telling you, you're probably already close to 12%. You need to eat a lot of food and lift weights. Consider bulking with creatine as well.

This was at about 18% BF

Fucking bulk man. You're skinny as shit

My anytime fitness has regular barbells. Yes, go to another gym.

You look like a skeleton.
Cutting further while looking like that will lead you to absolutely nothing.

All right. I live in Phoenix, AZ. Not sure what other gym to go to. Guess I'll do some research
Jesus fuck, I can't tell if Veeky Forums is trolling or not, because I look flabby/fat as shit. In my opinion.
All right. I'll go on a bulk. what's the best routine for ottermode? And when should I cut? 6 months?

Cut till 12% then slow bulk to 1/2/3/4/

What the hell is 1/2/3/4

You look flabby because there is nothing to you. Cutting will lead you nowhere. If you dropped five pounds, you'd see rib. Do not worry about becoming x-mode as a beginner. Get on a starter routine and eat a lot. Refer to Once you are an intermediate, then you can sculpt yourself. You need actual mass and strength to work with.

>what's the best routine for ottermode?
And I can't tell if you are trolling or not.
Go and read the sticky a few times again and keep lurking. You have zero muscle definition so you should probably lift on a slight surplus for at least a year.

Did you not lurk at all? Look it up yourself.

Please believe me You're skinny as shit. Bulk for 4-6 months or so, see how you feel, and then cut.

Honestly at your size I'd bulk for a straight year then cut. If you cut you'll end up a literal skeleton

At least do minimal research before you post shit like this.
Sheesh do you even want help?

>3500 calories a day
This has to be a joke. I'm 5'11" 150 lbs and my maintenance is 2400 No, I'm not trolling. I'm just very afraid to look fat if I decide to bulk.

So is that purely from bulking (body recomp), or did you bulk and then cut afterwards to get to the "after" pic

Your maintenance will increase drastically when you actually start lifting and gain a pound or two.

Ok, so I understand what SS is, but what do you mean by "with rows"?

Its a simple division to check of how much creatine your body is able to metabolize.

1 / 2 / 3 / 4 = 0,041666...

So for example, if you weigh 75kg you multiply that by 0.0416 (rounded), you get 0,312

If you can eat 0.312grams of creatine per 10 pounds of your weight, then youve hit 1/2/3/4. I know it can be complicated, but its our (Veeky Forums - Fitness) local jargon.

Keep up the good work out!

Literally fucking Google Starting Strength with rows

>5'11''
>150lbs
>1800cals
>meanwhile me 5'10'', 147lbs eating 3000cals

U bulking brah?

I know your pain, Im also 5'10 but 165lbs and struggling to put on mass at ~3500kcal / day.

Training 4 times a week @brosplit.

What does your bro split routine look like brah

You're a scrawny beginner who probably benches 155 or less and you are wondering why you are struggling to put on mass with a brosplit?

I'm 6'4, 245lbs and lift 5 times a week and I am quite sure my maintenance is 3k max - I guess it depends a lot on the person.

Op here. What's a good aesthetics routine for a beginner?

What are you trying to say?
Op should eat more or less than 3k?
Anyways it would be a start if he at least eats something at all.

Actually I benched 225x10 this week but thanks. Inb4
>lying on the internet
Still, I am making good progress with brosplit but been thinking about PPL lately.

Monday: Chest/Bicep
Tuesday: Legs
Wednesday: rest
Thursday: Shoulders/Tricep
Friday: Back
Saturday: rest
Sunday: rest

ABS between workouts/on rest days

Got any specific exercises you do for the bro split? Are you following an already established bro split, or just making your own routine?

It is ok to skip leg day if you already have built legs , right?

Every skinny fat normie thinks they have strong legs, where does this come from? I'm not saying you fall in this category but your post reminded me of my Bobby Hill looking coworker saying his legs were like tree trunks.

Well, because my calves are relatively big and I actually want thinner legs

So it's fine to skip leg day, right?

I just keep core lifts (bench press, squat, ohp, deadlift) and change accessory lifts every few months, so you can say that im making my own routine.

>It is ok to skip leg day if you already have built legs , right?
What do you mean by built legs? I initially skipped some leg days because i was a retarded faggot and didnt do squats because
>muh injuries
>muh leg press
and now my legs are lagging behind, but im focusing on those motherfuckers and making rapid progress. So my advice is: dont skip leg day and do your squats.

>strong legs
>skipping leg day

Ok. Would PPL be a good beginner routine purely for aesthetics?

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149807833

It was a reply to the outrage following his statement that he eats 1.8k kcal - it's very well possible that this is a proper 3-500 deficit for him.

>Would PPL be a good beginner routine
>opens thread
>"Coolcicada's P/P/L is a intermediate routine. I would advise you to start with either Starting Strength"

SS makes your body look like shit tho

>omg lol im holding a toothbrush so randum xd

OP is our guy.

He is pure autistic.

You are right that 3-500 deficit would probably land on that mark.
But the outrage was not about that number but rather the fact that he wants to cut at all.

It doesn't. Stop memeing.

Not really, everyone keeps telling me to bulk when I'm already fat. Going to cut and get ottermode.

do you not get that you have nothing to cut to? you won't be ottermode, just skelly

Read
The
Goddamned
You
Faggot

It's not like I'm starving myself. I will be lifting heavy weights.

Mate if you already know what you're going to do then why the fuck did you ask for advice you stupid pussy?

Then have fun with whatever you are doing.
At this point I'm convinced this is a troll thread.

There isn't even muscle to maintain on a cut. You need to be in a caloric surplus to gain mass.

Right, and you will make a fraction of the gains you could be making if you ate maintenance and will still look like shit at the end of this cut.

You opened a thread and asked people for their opinion, now you have literally everyone telling you to either maintain or bulk and your conclusion is that you want to cut.
Sorry mate, but I don't think that you have the mental capacity to "make it". Try something else maybe.

But what about the routine? I don't want to do SS, I'll just look like a fat fuck. Can I do bro split instead?

i think its obvious by now that this guy is either a troll or very mentally challenged.

Do whatever the fuck you want you retarded skeleton abortion.
At your laughable weight it would be literally impossible to not build muscle with any routine you choose as long as you eat at a surplus.

I will be eating at a surplus

Go read the sticky first you mongoloid. Or do it again if you already did but your brain was seemingly on a cut so it couldn't understand the content.
And I swear to god if I see your Auschwitz body in one of the CBT threads crying about how you can't get ottermode fast enough I'm going to dox your adress and shitpost your social media into oblivion.

All right. What's the first letter of my name, then. I'll get ottermode in a year or two, pussy.