How do I run and not fuck up my legs? What's the best landing technique?

How do I run and not fuck up my legs? What's the best landing technique?

>75 kg 175 cm
>intervals 3x/week 30-minute-long
>1st week: 1,5 min walk, 1 min run; 2nd week: 2 min walk, 2 min run etc.

I always try to land on the front/middle of my foot and then bring my heel to the ground, so far I've been just slightly sore, but I am anxious of future potential injuries because maybe I'm doing it wrong. I wear something like Converse trainers i.e. flat shoe - I read that the 'running shoes' are just a sham, especially when I want to run more naturally, not landing on the heel.

I have my running day today and feel Achilles tendon in my right leg and my left calf. My warm up is just walking 5 minutes to the track.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MR7I7rsbg24
youtube.com/watch?v=23l42px5R_E
barefootrunning.fas.harvard.edu/5BarefootRunning&TrainingTips.html
barefootrunning.fas.harvard.edu/2FootStrikes&RunningShoes.html
barefootrunning.fas.harvard.edu/3RunningBeforeTheModernShoe.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What about running without touching the ground with your heel at all? It sure is harder, but must be much better for the knees.

I did try it and liked it, but I don't know if it would work for anyone but sprinters. If I keep my heel in the air all the time my calves would be even more strained, I thought putting heel down would be a good compromise.

NEVER COME DOWN ON YOUR HEEL

youtube.com/watch?v=MR7I7rsbg24

LAND ON THE BALL OF YOUR FOOT

I've found the video:
youtube.com/watch?v=23l42px5R_E

>I read that the 'running shoes' are just a sham
and where did you read this? was it from a reliable source?

barefootrunning.fas.harvard.edu/5BarefootRunning&TrainingTips.html

Let me know what you think about it please.

here's about shoes:
barefootrunning.fas.harvard.edu/2FootStrikes&RunningShoes.html

barefootrunning.fas.harvard.edu/3RunningBeforeTheModernShoe.html

Heel strike as hard as you can.

Pretty much this. I've been running for 14 years and I do this and it makes me never get injuries

You could try not being a fat fuck. That should help the legs.

I used to exclusively walk and run like that when I was younger. Autistic as fuck but gentle on the knees. Calves may or may not take a beating, I don't remember and running is hell for me.

How is that fat for my height?

Only fat fucks cry about leg injuries while running. Sorry fatty

Land on toes and roll your feet

>How do I run and not fuck up my legs? What's the best landing technique?

Congratulations, you've fallen for the Lazy fat person meme of "running fucks your knees!"

RUNNING WILL NOT HARM YOUR BODY AT ALL, ITS EXTREMELY HEALTHY, IT'S WHAT HUMANS WERE DESIGNED FOR AND ARE PHYSICALLY BEST AT, WE CAN OUT RUN THROUGH ENDURANCE, ANY ANIMAL ON EARTH

YOU ONLY FACE MINOR PROBLEMS IF YOU RUN OVER 32MILES A DAY

how come people running are getting all those tendon injuries and fucked up knees if there's no such thing?

They aren't except for accidents like twisting an ankle. It's not the running they just dont look where they're fucking going.

>listening to really loud running music on treadmill
>song fades out
>realize I'm clomping my feet really fucking loud
>have to keep going so it doesn't look like notice

>Another fast track to injury is hitting the trails or roads in the wrong shoes -- or no shoes at all. Solkin warns runners against jumping on the "barefoot running" bandwagon or going gaga for the ultra-light minimalist running shoes that often dominate store shelves. "Ten years ago, those kinds of shoes were worn by competitive runners for competition only," she says. "I recommend starting with something sturdier, with more cushioning."

WTF?

>running in converses

The autism lmao

why does fucking reddit say to buy running shoes or you face inevitable injury in 5-10 years
how do they expect people ran before running shoes?

why are they such useful idiots for jewish sports brands?

Why would anyone "run"? it just eats upmuscle mass

what a fag thing to do

Strike the ground mid foot.

So OP doesn't know how to run?

Get running shoes man...

bump