There are people on this board that cant bench 2pl8

>there are people on this board that cant bench 2pl8
>despite all the free programs, information and consultation on the internet.

Holy fuck you guys are incredible

Post pics of your chinlet, faggot
You're filling up those size 7 shoes nicely user

Some people can never bench 2 plate, 2 plate is 225 lbs and that's a lot of weight

are you new to lifting?

pls no bully i'm working on it. I just hit 1 plate the other day and I started out with the bar, these things take time.

Been lifting for 1.5 years

FUCK YOU, not everyone was into sports as a child

>started out with the bar

what m8? I thought I was weak with a 115lb bench my first day

It took me a year to reach 2 plates and I was fairly fast compared to others at my gym at the same time.

What the fuck is the point in this retarded thread?

Only been lifting three months, gone from benching 70 to 195, I'll get there, what's your rush? Why you so bothered about what other people bench?

>that's a lot of weight

That's like 10 lbs per week on average... I'm new to lifting and I'll probably break 1pl8 next week. What's your routine and regimen?

>everything in my life is shit and i have nothing to be proud of
>better take the one thing im mediocre at and rub it in others faces to make them feel better

You manlets are so godamn pathetic

Starting strength, but honestly I felt like I started quite light, so I made bigger jumps without any problems, I've slowed right down now though - honestly I've got no big secret or anything, it's just a lift that I'm naturally stronger at. My squat fucking sucks though!

This. I couldn't even do one single pushup when I started working out two years ago. It took months to be able to do a couple. Before that I was a basement dwelling /v/irgin and hated physical activity, my muscles were atrophied and nonexistent

I literally started from the very bottom of physical fitness

>tfw nobody ITT can bench 2pl8

Are you guys fucking kidding me?

Thanks, I'm also doing SS and I've been lifting for about three months, but maybe only two of those months seriously and I had a break for two weeks recently because I was out of town and then got really ill.

My squat sucks balls too, in fact I bench more than I squat, if you can believe that...

2pl8 is fucking shit, I bench 2pl8 for 10 and look like a little bitch.

How people can get to that level of beta is beyond me, I was a beta virgin but I at least did pushups and pull ups everyday so I wasn't a complete weakling

You literally just bitch out on squats, thats your problem. Not that your upper body is magically much larger and stronger than your glutes, hamstrings, quads and lower back.

>3 months
>squat lower than bench
something is wrong, probably your squat form

ive been training for 4 months, give me a break.
i started with the bar, could barely do 10 reps.
now i bench half a plate, i think thats pretty good.

i get you. i've been training my mum who's 52 years old with no muscle mass whatsoever and she could do 4 full push ups.

can't believe how weak some men are, it's pathetic. they probably have bad genes. those are the guys who will plateau at an OHP of 1plate and never get past it

No, you don't see how out of shape I really was. I'm 30 years old and had never done any sort of physical activity at all for the last 10 years except for a couple of months of some stupid "100 push-ups routine". I'm a computer programmer and I've done fuck all except for that.

You guys may be right about my form, but I'm continuously working on it. I recently found out that I probably want to do ass to grass squats, which I didn't do when I started, so I've had to adjust to that as well.

0.5pl8 is actually not bad for a girl, especially in 4months that seems pretty decent. keep it up.

>half a plate bench
>pretty good

This is the guy that will tell you you must be fat to squat 3pl8

How do I get over my fear of failing a rep on the bench press?

>I recently found out that I probably want to do ass to grass squats, which I didn't do when I started, so I've had to adjust to that as well.

no, you want to squat to at or under parallel. Dont go out of your way to squat as deep as possible, some peoples hip joints wont allow for it without lumbar flexion..

Besides, what were you doing BEFORE your thtoughts of squatting >ATG???

Because I didn't care about being strong, I just wanted to play vidya and eat junkfood. I was happy until I got to uni and realised how pathetic I actually was compared to everyone else.

Well now I'm still not happy but at least I'm Veeky Forums

how much do you bench ?

why do you need to do ass to grass? do you have oly aspirations?

you're not doing SS if you're not low bar squatting, and youre not low bar squatting correctly if you're going ass to grass.

>tfw im not a girl

kill me

come on user I am just messing with you, everybody starts somewhere. Just make sure you eat enough and train hard and you are gonna be at 2pl8 in no time. When I started it seemed like it was impossible but after 2 years I was benching 2pl8 pretty easily.

Breh you should be able to atg pause squat considerably more than your bench.

Have you actually read Starting Strength: The Book

You sound like you need to read Starting Strength: The Book.

Learn how to squat like it tells you to, and then ALWAYS SQUAT LIKE THAT. Constantly making huge changes to your squat form because you're stupid is holding you back more than anything. Training is only effective when it's goddamn consistent.

>lowbar scumming
>not only lowbar but the autistic rippetoe version of it

>Learn how to squat like it tells you to, and then ALWAYS SQUAT LIKE THAT. Constantly making huge changes to your squat form because you're stupid is holding you back more than anything. Training is only effective when it's goddamn consistent.
FIGJAM, whoever you are you're giving out some solid advice today, this

now answer my shoes quesiton in /plg/ pls

Practice failing one, it's not bad at all if other people in the gym don't freak out. people

chest is for homos

thanks user, a little wholesomeness on this page.
im 5'8 and started at 116 pounds, Absolute dyel mode. Ive been eating a lot and gained 20 pounds in these 4 months its going pretty good for me i think. being a manlet hurts though.

Leverages have alot to do with it

I also started out with the bar benching, but could deadlift 2pl8

OP just benched 225 for 1 rep with questionable form and assistance from the spotter so he thinks he's got an excuse to shitpost

Ive benched 330

>inb4 i dont believe that

How about posting a pic to show us how easily you put up 2pl8?

Eh, probably cant

>tfw really tempted to hit the gym and do it with timestmap and everything

desu stay tuned, i might just

Is there anything wrong with Rippetoe's squat? I'm the guy who benches more than he squats, for what it's worth.

No, not really. But its more of a deadlift with the bar on your back.

To those ITT who can bench two plates, do you have a spotter?

I always lift alone and rerack whenever I feel I'm about to fail a rep. My progress is slow. Do you make better progress with a spotter?

No, not always. But if i fail, which is rare because im smart picking weights. I just roll it down my torso or tip the plates off the side becuase no collars

YES, GET A GYM BRO YA AUTIST

>been lifting 1 year alone, slow gains, plateau at 135 and then again at 165
>get gym bro and go from 165 being heavy to benching 2 plate in a month

having someone to compete with/ push you/ motivate you not to skip/ give you the confidence to overlift and push boundaries is everything man

I always trained with a spotter if I go into the lower rep range (below 8) because it just helps me to go all out. If you never had a spotter you wouldnt believe how many reps you are leaving in the tank. Usually if you think you cant get the next rep you can get atleast 2 more.

But if I go for higher reps I dont always have a spotter because I can just rack it once I really struggle with a rep. In the 3-5 rep range you dont really struggle as much you just wont get it up from one rep to the next.

Started at 5'7" manlet and 110lbs auschwitz survivor, could barely lift the bar, now at 160 and almost got two plates, keep doing user

why are people even talking about ss in a thread about bench? I find there are few intro programs which actually hit chest with enough frequency to make reasonable gainz.

Ivysaurs beginner is one of the few.
It's what I started with and served me well until I transitioned to a 5 day ppl.
140 lb 5'8
Bench-260
squat-350
deads-435

>why are people even talking about ss in a thread about bench?
some autists were triggered to hear that user didnt squat in proper form

sounds about right desu

>yfw antifa can't do one pushup but want a civil war

>being this alpha

kek

So did I, m8. Started "lifting" at 17, which basically means 5x10 curls a few times a week with no schedule. Could still do about 20 press ups with decent form.

I genuinely cannot understand how somebody cannot do a press up, even after a life of laziness. I'm pretty sure this is all just an ongoing troll, but its hard to tell these days.

How much could an average person expect to bench after like 20 or 30 years of training?

I remember when I literally couldn't do one single push up. Eating nothing but garbage and playing videogames all day really does fuck your body up. Now I'm at a 2pl8 bench and can probably do 40+ pushups. Feels good man.

All i do is push ups and run benching makes you physically weaker for the only thing you train for is to fight. Its primal and benching just ungrooves the natural motions . im 215 all muscle and train bjj too.

you are retarded if you think that's how human physiology works.

Your body doesn't exist in the year 10,000 bc. What it has adapted to is the year 2017. Sure holistic approaches to working out have their place, but not with that kind of weird applied naturopathy.

700lbs easily

I bench 145 because I've only been lifting for ~8 months, and only 1.5 of those has been during a bulk and not during 1500kcal/day for weightloss. Hoping to reach 2pl8 by fall if my numbers keep up, though I'm stalling at the moment.

What are some tips to help my bench keep moving? I've tried resting longer and sleeping more, but it still doesn't seem like it's getting easier. I still fail on the 2nd and 3rd set on the last reps.

do you have cgbp or ohp in your program?

OHP. I do chest accessories on my off-days for Bench like cable/DB flyes, incline DB bench, and occasionally dips.

start doing dips regularly, and try to progress them like you would the bench. same with OHP, if you aren't already. close grip benching can really help if your lockout is weaker than off the chest strength

>Bench press?
>Lol nah brah I just do pull ups, lateral raises, barbell curls, incline dumbbell press, and I also do push ups during football practice humans are built for endurance not power, no one really gives a fuck about strength

This

If you can't even do 1 pushup with proper form you probably haven't used your muscles at all in years cause that's just pathetic

>Could do 30 strict push ups when I was a 16 year old soccer-fag who didn't even lift.
>Most of my friends could hardly do 20
I shit you not this is a thing. When I was still a DYEL at 17 who only trained machines I could do 12 pull ups, a friend of mine tried to and could hardly do two. Unless you can do at least 30 push ups, 10 pull ups, and run for at least 3km without running out of breath, then I could not consider you Veeky Forums

Wow just got my free program now let me just spend 30 dollars a month going to a gym or 500 dollars getting a squat rack and weight set. Thanks OP!

Fuck you losers I just hit 3pl8 for a 1RM PR the other day

Keep going user. I believe in you! I too started with the and I did 185 x 5 last bench day. So close to 2pl8

Legit. Nice job.

>new challenge: 140 lbs. dumbbells.

Challenge accepted

I'd been cutting since December and lost like 45 pounds but got sooo weak. Did a 2 week dirty bulk just hit my protein and ate whatever tf I wanted. Turned into some hefty gains. Back on keto today to shred this last 20 pounds. Hope I can retain some of the gains I've made.

Are you retarded? I'm 130 lb and can still rep 2 pl8 a few times. 2 pl8 is attainable for all males.

I was expecting death

Did he live? This is why I don't bench without a spotter.

tbqhwyf I never saw someone benchin' lmao2plates at my gym. 30kg each side is enough for people to mire here. Not even the jacked dudes are benching 2 plates.

>he thinks a spotter will save him
Just dont fucking bench without a safety bar

What the fuck was their problem? lol

hope the guy didnt get into any trouble

SO this is that dude who tried like 400 lbs or close, with No One around, and a flakey "spotter system" and got his neck snapped.

This is beyond stupid. Good lesson for you noobs out there struggling with 245.....

>pro tip: no shirt ?

Same but i recently reached 2 pl8 and i look fucking dyel still, my gym is mostly hotel guests (since its a fucking hotel) and old men though

I felt that.

I heard he lived, he managed to slide them off one side as you see in the video at the end.

These people are just genetic failures though, literally wiping themselves out of the genepool, good i guess.

So he's dead then?

oh snap

eating big > lifting numbers

I've been lifting for almost 2 years. 495 squat and dead, 295 bench, 205 OHP

I've never, ever used a spotter. I'm an autistic failure who doesn't like talking to people so I barely even know anyone in my gym even though I've been going there 3-4 days a week for 2 years.

I've also never hurt myself. Learn how to set the safeties and use the power rack and squat rack. Bench is the only one you really should have a spotter for but unless you are an awkward height so the safeties dont really work you still don't NEED one unless you are doing 1rm. You really shouldn't need a spotter working with anything under 90% IMO.

I did almost no physical activity from when I was 20 to about 27, and I weighed 330lbs. I could still do about 8 push-ups. I don't understand how someone can not do a single push-up. It blows my mind. If I was an obese fuck with 0 muscle and I could do 8 surely anyone can do 1? And I don't mean to make anyone who can't do 1 feel bad but it sincerely boggles my mind. Like how do you do day to day tasks if you are that weak? Lifting a jug of milk must be hard.

I hate asking for spotters cause they always want to grab the bar at the first sign of struggle. Like MF can I work for this shit or nah?? I'm the dude from and that's my boy spotting me like a pro. But I leave the safeties off and I'll drop plates over asking some fag to spot me any day

im austistic and dont like asking people but is it normal to move the bench into the squat rack and use it?

>2 pl8 is attainable for all males.
no, it's not.

just ask for a spot.
how can you go through life while being so afraid of other people?

nah that's a meme, I believed that too until I hopped on the high volume train

>no, it's not.
How, it's not even very heavy, it's like the weight of a big man or 2 average women, how can it not be possible with training, how.

I use either the squat rack or the power cage. Normally the squat rack. The way my gym is setup though almost everyone benches in the squat rack since we have a weird kind of conjoined olympic style bar section that people can squat in too. IDK if other gyms are like mine. Where else would you bench if not for a squat rack or power cage?

It's a lot easier than you think. Just gotta be self-reliant.

>IDK if other gyms are like mine. Where else would you bench if not for a squat rack or power cage?

mine just has 2 benches laid out next to each other with a those stands above it to hold the bar up. but there are no safety pins on the sides so you need spotters

my bench sucks
fuck me and my long ass arms.