GF says she doesn't want me to go the gym, she thinks i'm perfect the way I am. I'm just starting to get noob gains...

GF says she doesn't want me to go the gym, she thinks i'm perfect the way I am. I'm just starting to get noob gains, she was supportive a few weeks back when I first started. She is still very nice though, but she is baking sweets and asking to go out to eat alot more.

Is she right Veeky Forums?

No, she just doesn't want other girls to look at you more. Either that or she thinks you're doing it for her and are insecure about your relationship. Either way, do what makes you feel best.

>gf wants me to stop working out
>doesn't want me to get fit
>doesn't want other girls interested invented
>wants me to get fat
>if I'm fat, I can't complain that she is fat
>my fat gf and I will one day have kids and make them fat
>I will never be happy

Is that the life you want? Because that's the life she is pushing you towards.

This.
Is she chubby? She is insecure about you getting too hot for her

Break up with her, OP.

>letting a woman control your life

Keep lifting. Worse case scenario is you leave her league and get someone better

This

She's afraid that once you're fit you'll think you can do better and leave her for someone else, she thinks girls at the gym will lead you astray, or she thinks that you are planning on breaking up with her and are getting fit so you can hit the ground running in the dating market and she's trying to forge a deeper emotional attachment or sabotage you.

Either way, if you want to stay with her communicate that. Just straight up say "It feels like you're trying to prevent me from reaching my goals, is there a reason for that?" Then reassure her you love her, want to be with her, and are doing this for the both of you. If you are planning on dropping her, say the same shit so she stops sabotaging you.

Tell her while you appreciate her saying it, you dont feel perfect the way you are and youre trying to make yourself happy not her. Maybe throw in that you need her support

So every time your gf get jealous about you improving your self shes going to guilt trip you? she should be happy that your happy and if she isnt best to fuck her off. Never let any one bring you down.

Sounds pretty toxic my dude. This is someone who's supposed to care about you, yet doesn't want you to better yourself?

She's a gainz goblin who is afraid that you'll become too attractive for her and move on to someone better looking.

She is insecure. Don't let it ruin you.

I have never dated a woman who hasn't despised my gym routine, including my gf of 2 years (she's very slim, but not athletic). Fortunately she doesn't give me shit anymore, but it is a massive insecurity that does my head in.

Just because I gym 4 or so times a week I've been called neglectful, mental abuser, obsessed, infact, past the honeymoon period I've never dated someone who didn't want to quash my hobbies. God forbid I find something enjoyable that they aren't involved in.

I have a real unfortunate habit of attracting very immature girls, including the one I'm with now. Im planning on bailing soon, but as we live together I need an exit strategy and a bit of savings.

Don't let anyone hold you back because of their insecurities, there is some bullshit mentality with many girls that we should somehow spend our spare time reassuring them, excusing their terrible behaviour, and dropping plans that don't involve them. - as the earth should revolve around them according to social media.

Tell your girlfriend straight up that you want to work out and that is exactly what you are going to do. If she doesn't like it tell her she knows where the door is. Its the only way I got mine to shut up about it.

I'm not gay, but sometimes I wish I had a girl with the mentality of a man.

Men strive to become better by improving themselves.

Women on the other hand strive to become better by bringing everyone around them down.

No, she is not right OP, tell her that if she really loved you she'd support you in your efforts to improve your health, looks, and self confidence, instead of giving you that "I like you as you are" bullshit, that's female code for "your self-improvement is making me self-conscious my lack of effort and drive to do the same, please stop making me feel bad". Have pride in who you are, OP, and try to pull her on your side, talk to her about this.

Dump that gains goblin.

Happens to a lot of us.

>I think you look fine as you are, who are you working out to impress then??

M Y S E L F

Having the same sort of problem OP. but with the girl I am with, I tried to get her into the gym. To be there with me.

I tried conveying to her how this is a part of who I am and that this is my world and I want to share that with you.

It has had mixes results. First she gained muscled and confused that with weight gain, she is convinced that I am sneak peaking at other woman via the mirrors in the gym, and she feels entitled to eating more shit food bc she feels she has earned it via lifting.

The upside is, it takes time and when she really saw what her body looked like after two weeks(not a easy fucking task btw) straight of consistent gym time did to her body, she is starting to become a little more keen to the lifestyle.

But other anons are right, you have to sit her down and talk about this. This will only get worse if you don't.

Your gf sounds a lot like pic related. Are you sure this isn't her? I mean you should be lifting for your waifu and all, so just tell her you're doing this for her. Problem solved. Alright peaceoutbye

is she a landwhale?

Son, since you are new to the game I'm gonna school you some.

>so your gf makes you eat?
You have a caring woman who wants to make sure you have enough nutrition to workout and grow stronger. Obviously women are women and they don't know jack shit about anything so you need to watch yourself. Be sneaky about it, don't eat thar much of the sweets and unhealthy things (saves more for the project in the next caption) and focus on good diet.

>Make sure your gf also eats. (THIS IS IMPORTANT)
You don't know this yet because you just started but you will eventually start prefering your ladies more ample. Better start early to get that THICC gf of your future dreams, brother.

> I've never dated someone who didn't want to quash my hobbies

Seems like every fucking girl does this. Doesn't matter what your hobby is. You could spend your free time helping homeless children and she would complain that you weren't giving her enough attention.

Oh and were you thinking of hanging out with friends? She's going to start an argument 5 minutes before you leave and try to ruin your night.

if you let her control you she's eventually going to push her boundaries further until she grows to hate you for being a pussy and letting her do that

Time to upgrade.

Very accurate.

Yeah, one did this to me. Gained 30kg. Broke my heart 2 years later.
Do what you want user. Maybe you will inspire her to become Veeky Forums or maybe shell turn into a seacow and you will exchage her for a Veeky Forums qt 3.14.

Gains be4 hoes brother, Gains sbe4 hoes.

G O B L I N

Release her right now. She doesn't want you to become more attractive than her, giving you options.

this

Yeah she doesn't want to becoming more attractive than her.

I had the same problem. I you tell her what I told my GF.
>I'm not doing this because I think I'm imperfect, I'm doing this because it's fun and it makes me happy. If you'd like to join me that'd be great, but I won't make you go anymore than you could make me stop.
She went with me for a while, quit, and now she hasn't bugged me about it since, only praising me for my gains.

Many people don't want others to change/improve because it makes them feel worse about themselves. Literally everyone I know with this mindset is either stagnant or in a downward spiral in most areas of life. Your gf will probably get fatter OP.

She either likes fatasses or is scared you'll be attractive to other females. Probably the second