Redpill me on lasik Veeky Forums

redpill me on lasik Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/lasik-eye-surgery/basics/risks/prc-20019041
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You get heat vision like superman. I say go for it and become augmented.

This.
I was sucking my girlfriend's dick after the treatment, she wanted me to look her in the eyes when she nuts, and I accidentally burned her face.

I almost got it but then I saw SMILE. 3rd gen LASIK. Conflicted as fuck now. Don't want dry eyes or to develop issues.

>lasik

It's like steroids...for the eyes.

Latest shit is pretty safe
Had it done a couple years ago now and it's been perfect ever since.
Never known anyone else with issues either.

Cost?
Was yours mechanical blade or laser for cutting the cornea?

>tfw friends that use glasses have better vision without wearing them than me with my glasses on

I really need to get surgery but I'm poor as dirt

fuck off m8

Or you could just fucking get better glasses.

>my thicc gf manages an optometrist's office and won free LASIK at a work event
>she gave it to me even though she wears glasses too

I guess I can never break up with her now

What is that?

she made you see

poetic

Smaller cut so less dry eye issues. Only drawback is longer recovery time (few days).

Your in luck boys I just had it done on Saturday 13 ask away

left eye -2.5 right eye -2.75. Now 6/4 vision.

>not 20/20

you got scammed

6/4 is better..

Blade cut, around £3500 overall

Definitely recommend shopping around, though. Wouldn't skimp, either. It's worth paying a little more if you're going for a provider who actually gives a shit about your eyes and not just the money.

Also be aware that whether you achieve 20/20 or not is based on individual factors and not necessarily just prescription.
I went from roughly -12 in both eyes to a little better than 20/20, but I was just lucky. I was told at every assessment leading up to it that it probably wouldn't happen.

which company did you go with?

My eyes are garbage so I'm pretty skeptical. If I can see pretty good and have to squint sometimes I'd be happy.
If I can drive and read street signs we're good.

My eyes are like 16/20 unless I'm retarded and remembered wrong

Should I consider laser eye surgery?

Yeah bro better than 20/20 better get eye surgery so you can count blades of grass 50ft away.

Accuvision in Birmingham. If you're in the UK I'd recommend them.

The absolute worst you'll end up with is -1 to -1.5, and that's only if your eyes are particularly shit to begin with.

PRK > LASIK
Right?

Wrong. Some people just have to do one or the other based on their eyes.

Unless you have the money laying around, I wouldn't bother. Contacts are fine and cheap as shit even without insurance.

Only drawback is taking them out every night and they rarely can get dry/irritating

I got it a couple months ago. Cost me 4k. Took me a few weeks of blurry vision but I could see great. Went back in for a follow up a couple weeks ago, had some bacteria growing under my eye. Can't see shit out of my right eye now. I go for a correction in a week where they are supposed to clean it out, hopefully it will be better.

They say I'm the 1%.

I want to get it but my eyes are rite fukd. Dr said best i can hope for is 20/40 in one eye and 20/60 in the other. Also need to do PRK.

they said the recovery would be like 6 months also, so would i basically be fucked for 6 months or could i still work?

Yeah naw fuck contacts. Doing that shit every morning and night was awful.

I only have -2.75 left / -3 right and I don't want to take any risks
I've heard too many bad stories about it.

It doesnt help that I have very photosensitive eyes (green/blue) and I heard that LASIK can sometime trigger "halo" effects if youre already photosensitive

contacts are unbearable. I wear glasses instead. It sucks but it's better than wearing contacts.

Shit man, I get nearly blinded whenever I go outside due to really green eyes. Will have to talk to the people about this.

My eyes were really dry before.
I also have slight astigmatism, so contacts are always uncomfortable.

I got LASIK in March 2016. First year, eyes were dry a lot.

Now they're only dry when I've been awake for too long and I'm really tired.

10/10 would do again.

Ive had it done and its worth it. I paid 400 after insurance and ive been 20/20 ever since. They give you valium before hand. It took 3 to calm me down.. thx dead space

At what age does your eyesight stabilize? I'm 21 now and I've been at -6.00 and -5.75 for nearly 2 years, but I don't wanna get it done if its still gonna get worse.

You should be good with that. I think they look for one year stable.

>I can't touch my eyes it's grosssssssss :(((((((

Actual women in this thread

I got it done and it fixed my lazy eyes but my vision is a bit blury.

Had lasor surery almost a year ago. Best decision of my life. Everytime I look at the horizon and I'm able yo see every little details I'm amazed. Expect dry eyes for a couple of months if you get it tho. And plz use the meds everyday. The surgery isnt painful, the dry eyes are tho. 10/10 would do it again without hesitation.

Who /noglassescontactsorsurgery/ here
It's like seeing life through the Photoshop gaussian blur filter. Almost feels fake.

Lmao nigga

>Kind of want lasik
>The thought of seeing a knife slowly descending towards my eye sends a chill down my spine
I'm sure you can't feel anything but was it not unbearable being fully conscious for the procedure?

>night blindness
>required touch ups
>intentional induction of scar tissue in areas of concentrated nervous tissues
>third world docs doing 1000+ procedures per year
>malpractice insurance for practitioners raising exponentially
>increased risk of protozoal infections

I've had iLASIK done and felt a lot. I was holding a plush toy and crushed the shit out of it. Pain is not permanent so it's cool. You can last this much.

My gf is an ophthalmologist and does both lasek and lasik procedures daily. Yet she is still using contact lenses with -5.0 dioptres in each eye and swears that she would never want it done in her own eyes.

It really should make you think...

It's kinda funny, right before I got glasses I thought every girl around me was beautiful. After I got my glasses I realised they were all pretty ugly and my mind was just creating what I wanted to see from the blurred images it got.

here. makes me less self concious when i literally cant tell who or what is looking at me

Top fucking kek

No, I have a job and I drive a car, so I need to see things.

it makes me more self conscious and less likely to make eye contact because i feel like they can see me better than i can see them

It's a genuine surprise when I see someone in the distance (40 ft) and get to wait to see who they are

Need more info man, what are her reasons?

Yeah, looking in the mirror was like a punch in the face when I first got my glasses.

Probably all the risks

mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/lasik-eye-surgery/basics/risks/prc-20019041

>literally slicing your eye open
>have to get it redone every certain number of years

I'll stick with contacts.

If it's done right you can be good for 20 years easy. Also a touch up every few years isn't bad.