/bulk/ "First of its kind" edition

In the spirit of the /fat/ general, which has encouraged several anons to lose weight, I have decided to start up a new general for the other end of the spectrum; skinny fuckers who want to gain weight. As such, this general is meant to encourage weight gain in those who are underweight, sick, anorexic/bulimic or otherwise need to put on some pounds. Support each other and yourselves, no one here has to work alone. Forcing yourself to eat can suck but it isn't impossible. Just remember the golden rule of weight loss: if your calorie intake is more than what you burn, you WILL gain weight. A pound of fat is 3500 calories, make note of that. Another thing to keep in mind are that if you're an autistic spaghetti spiller when you're a skeleton you'll still be one when you're in shape. This is only to improve your health and anything else is another issue.

If you're new:
>Read the Sticky
→ #
>pretend to ignore all the "read the sticky" fags
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (you will need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
If you eat 500 more than that number you will gain weight, can go high but remember to never go too high or you'll go to /fat/
tdeecalculator.net/
>Plan your weight gain week by week as it happens
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com/
myfitnesspal.com/mobile/android
myfitnesspal.com/mobile/iphone

Other urls found in this thread:

buzznigeria.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/chicken.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bumping for interest
Still in /fat/ but would like to /bulk/ after
/bulk/bros should have a gen

alright fellas, welcome to the first /bulk/ general

post your starting weight, current weight and goal weight in replies to this post

>me, skele
>start to eat big and lift
>gain 30lbs (6'0 140-170)
>injure shoulder, can't workout
>lose 10 pounds

I can see my gains slipping away by the day. Hold me

But as soon as I come back from injury
>starting weight 140
>current 160
>goal 185-190
>6'0"

sucks user, it sucks to lose your lifts

how much can you gain a week? Is it like cutting with 2 lbs?

yeah just in reverse, albeit the ill effects of going over are different

>bulking before summer
>living in the southern hemisphere

5'11"
At 145 lbs
Trying to get to 200ish

Include me in the screencapture of this legendary general

starting weight was 145
current weight is 155
goal weight is 180.
I'm 6"3', have been as low as 132 as little as a year ago. Was pretty bad. I had a semi-serious eating disorder and my body ate all my muscles. My starting bench was just 45 lb, now I'm at 100. 3 months in. Wish me luck, maybe one day I'll post in the body transformation from my 132-180 if I can make it.

I was there
>screen cap me brehs

>starting weight
175lb
>current weight
190lb
>goal weight
200lb at 13%bf, going for 215lb then cut

already feel a bit fat (probably ~15%) but fuck it, gotta get strong.
6'2.9" btw

also my bulking tips:

if you don't already know, competitive eaters drink a lot of water and that's how they increase their stomach capacity. If you're having trouble stuffing yourself, try drinking 0.5 liter AFTER the meal, and increase that amount by a glass in the next meal and so on. You don't have to do this forever, you don't want to be a competitive eater, just enough so that you're comfortable eating the amount you need for caloric goals.

olive oil on salad
raw olives
milk after meal
all types of nuts
pasta

You do not know what it is like to be a skeleton. When you are underweight, any gained weight looks and feels great. For skeletons, every season is bulking season.

8lbs a month is a tad excessive desu. There are 3500 kcal in a pound of fat, so in my simplistic caveman math a 500kcal surplus each day should only result in a pound of weight gain per week. If you're lean-bulking instead of /fat/-bulking ("dirty bulking"), you're going for a 500kcal/day surplus.

That said, the worst results you're going to see is if you go ham like one of those dumb niggers that eats 5000kcal/day despite being 5'10 and working a sedentary job. DON'T DO THIS. YOU WILL GET OBSCENELY FAT. YOU WILL GAIN 5LBS OF FAT FOR EVERY 1LB OF MUSCLE (unless you're on roids, which increases your max rate of muscle synthesis).

8lbs/month is pretty reasonable tho. At the high end of reasonable for a lean bulk, but still reasonable.

>YOU WILL GAIN 5LBS OF FAT FOR EVERY 1LB OF MUSCLE

not remotely true
muscle holds water. It's absolutely possible to gain a fuckton of weight, over 10lbs, and not even 20% of it be fat, because your muscles will swell from all the energy/water/glycogen they need for training. It's impossible to differentiate hydrated muscle mass from "pure" muscle mass, don't even try.

starting weight: 145
current weight: 207

6 4 lanklet

If you're eating 5000kcal/day with a sedentary job and you're not Andre the Giant, your fat to muscle gain ratio is going to be [shitload]:1

But by all means, go ahead and try. When you've gained 30lbs in 2 months and 8 of it is muscle, I want you to seriously look someone in the eyes and try to tell them unironically that it's water weight.

never tried 5kkcal but 4kkcal (1000 surplus) leads to significantly greater gains than the normal recommended and extremely boring 500kcal surplus. Diminishing returns, sure, but still noticeably greater returns that will make you push through plateaus easily.

We already have a general for fat permabulkers.
It's called /plg/

what are you doing?

>confess your cheat meals
>reply with stats

you're offering nothing to this board
fuck off and take your shitty generals with you

ENOUGH WITH THE RETARDED GENERALS

It's human nature to want to feel important, so anons create generals in hope that they will stick and make themeselves feel important

I think 1000kcal allows more wiggle room for an inaccurate TDEE. If you're doing 500 over, but your TDEE is off by +300, then you're only REALLY bulking on a 200kcal surplus. If you're doing 1000 over, then with the same miscalculation you're doing a 700kcal actual surplus.

1000 basically eradicates the margin of error. You're GOING to bulk.

The primary problem that skinny people seem to have is in how they consume food. They cut it into extremely small pieces, chew for hours, then take a gulp of water between sets. TREAT EATING LIKE THE GYM.

Proper form:
>Straighten your back and keep your upper back aligned
This opens your esophagus and readies your throat to let the food drop. Roll your shoulders slightly forward to keep your upper back aligned.

>Look at your plate when you eat
Here's a quick demonstration: Look straight up at the ceiling and swallow. Now look 45 degrees down where your plate would be and swallow. Enough said. Most of you guys are too busy looking forward or making eye contact. STOP LOOKING AT OTHER FUCKERS TRYING TO GET THEIR REPS IN AND LIFT THE OLYMPIC FORK AND FINISH YOUR GOTDAMN LMAO1PL8!!!

~Part 1, to be continued...

>Stop half-eating food.
buzznigeria.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/chicken.jpg - This picture is alarmingly accurate for skinny-fucks. FINISH YOUR DAMN FOOD YOU LAZY ASSHOLE. Half the calories are usually left on your plate. When someone says "clean your plate" when you eat, literally do that. What do fat-asses do? They dip bread in the remaining spaghetti sauce in the bowl to get the last remnants of sauce. If you can't see the porcelain, you didn't finish your food. This is the primary reason why you eat just as much as your friends do but don't gain weight - you aren't actually eating 25% of the calories, you're throwing them away. There shouldn't be a single noodle left from your Ramen, a single streak of BBQ sauce, or a bit of cheese left unscraped.

>Chew less
Self-explanatory. Obese people inhale food. They wouldn't have enough time in the day otherwise. Train to chew less than four seconds.

>Drink less water (at first)
This might seem like the opposite of fitness, but until you've trained yourself properly, excess water takes more room and lowers hunger. Keep drinking, but you don't need a full gallon. Your piss will be deep yellow though.

>Eat caloric-dence foods
Peanut Butter, Whole Milk, Fatty Meats - tons of calories per volume which means you get to eat less.

With all of these things combined, you'll be well on your way to lmao2pl8 and beyond. The primary reason you fuckers can't eat is because you grew up not fully finishing your plate and not learning how to inhale food. Fast forward quite a few years, and your stomach is naturally much smaller. While this may not fix everything, it's hands down a great place to start. Treat eating like a workout, because it legitimately is.

I think they're a good platform for people to concentrate discussion on a particular subject. Plus they're a good source of info for newfags who aren't going to read the sticky but might lurk the general.

Remember that peanuts and peanut butter have around 600kcal and 27g or protein per 100g
A 250g pack of peeled peanuts costs around 1€
A pack a day would roughly be 1500kcal. That + normal food would easily take you to 3000kcal

Rename this

Clearly bulking powerlifters and winterbulkers are wrong here but thr name suggests otherwise so it's confusing

/fat/ isn't called /cut/ either

I propose /skeleton/

Well, wether you're a skelly or a fat powerlifter, bulking is bulking at the end of the day, isn't it?

6ft used to be 145 but lost weight due to stress.
Started 140
Current 152
Goal 200+

number 1 rule of gaining:

NEVER THROW UP
I've been in this situation plenty of times, and I just take some anti-acid pills and lay down. Try not to cause any movement.
You'll know when your body is trying to throw up but you can't let this happen

It usually happens when a drink a lot of milk
everyday I drink about a gallon of milk, on days when I feel motivated to gain I'll drink 2+ gallons with a few half gallons of chocolate milk mixed in there

It gets tough as fuck, but drinking is the best way to gain as it goes down your throat easily

The problem is keeping it down

>2+ gallons of milk a day

holy shit nigga this is how you become a fatass. WTF are you doing???

fat powerlifters already know how to bulk (THEY'RE FUCKING FAT)

meanwhile skellies will think that eating a bag of chips is "super unhealthy" and "full of calories" and they'll consider that a lunch

years of bullying in school

I've gained about 20 pounds in the last 6 months

I only need to get further

2 gallons of milk is around 3200 calories

+ chocolate milk is like 5000 calories total of JUST MILK

Even if you didn't eat ANYTHING else that day you'd get fat as fuck on 2xGOMAD. What the fuck dude, you need to stop and re-evaluate.

he's probably shitting everything

In like an 8 hour period if you're just taking casual sips while watching some youtube or whatever you can get it done easy

I don't sit down and just chug 2 gallons in a 5 minute period

2 gallon of milk still seems like a lot of any one thing and I think it would be a good idea to perhaps get the other gallon's calories from something else.

I weigh 132 my goal is 170 but I have a bulged disc so I've had a hard time even eating anymore. It's gotten to the point I black out.

checked.

I was a milk boy growing up
My family would literally stock up to 6+ gallons just for me

Don't fucking tell me what's too much

was a skelly manlet @ 130 5'9
max bulk every was to 205
cut to 190ish

Got about another 10lbs to lose then Ill have made it.