He can't deadlift a car

>he can't deadlift a car
dyel?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7hnPwR3QcCU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

We have this same thing going in /tv/ and nobody there can figure out the exact weight

Try asking Veeky Forums

or Veeky Forums

it's a physics problem

They don't know unless it's an animu or mango car, with wonky wheels

Is the motor in the back?

this. You need to know where the center of mass is and how it's distributed. Then it becomes easy.
What get's me is if the back wheels rotate. Wouldn't the car be in park?

it says 50/50 weight distribution in the pic

The engines in the back on supercars like this right? So wouldn't that leave the front end "relatively" light since is probably a carbon fiber body. Granted maybe all the other stuff up front weighs a lot, I'm just speculating here

quit stalling and crack the fucking numbers

You may want to look into tongue weight calculations. By lifting from one side, he would be lifting roughly one half the vehicle weight if 50/50 distributed. Many modern midsize vehicles are approximately 3k pounds. Being generous I would say this would be like deadlifting 800 lbs or so.

the weight is evenly distributed, having it be back heavy would hinder performance

mostly. they are rear wheel drive so the engine is in the back to equalize weight for take off and cornering

The weight balance is still like 48:52

everyone else are already picking their noses but you still have your hand in your pocket

This is also an exotic sports car, and though the hood seems fairly elongated, it's quite possible the vast majority of the heavy engine components are in the rear.

Im so glad paul walker is dead

That was just uncalled for user.

r00d

Kys

>lifting the car by the grill
fucking retarded.

it was probably a cardboard prop car

This is the same movie where Vin Diesel broke the floor of a concrete parking garage with his fist. Let's talk about that.

Agreed. Fuck him.

Previous time I asked, I got multiple exact answers with proofs in 15 minutes. Some were even correct.
Summer is truly here.

50/50 weight distribution is measured at the front and rear wheels

just put shelf your autism for a moment and assume half of the total car's weight.

he isnt lifting 50% of the car because alot of the weight would transfer to the back.
its hard to explain what i mean so think about a pivot leg press, i can push 500kg+ on a pivot leg press with ease yet i can only squat 145kg, the reason is that on the leg press the axle at the bottom is holding a lot of the weight and i'm only pushing a bit of that up myself, same with the car, its pivoting on the back wheels so he isn't lifting half.

>prop is a prop
I mean you CAN deadlift a car but vinny ain't doing that

Here from /tv/. I think this is valid but it has been a while. 516 kg

youtube.com/watch?v=7hnPwR3QcCU

Im just going to leave this here.

about 520kg

thanks
someone need to tell Veeky Forums that /tv/ beat them

irrelevant seeing as the bottom of the lift would be the hardest

That was some Chris Redfield shit

and another one! great.
All sci has so far is "way more than lifiting 690Kg"

>You need to know where the center of mass is and how it's distributed
You just need to know how it's distributed. CoM is determined from how it's distributed and by its topology.

But yeah it's just a basic torque problem. If someone had a CAD model, I could do it real quick.

technically this is wrong, but the numbers work out the same.

Why did both of you use the center of mass at the center of the car?

With a 50/50 weight distribution, I assumed that an evenly distributed load was applied to the length of the car. An evenly distributed load can be represented by a net force at the center of the distribution, which is the mass multiplied by acceleration due to gravity.

I'm just confused by OP's shitty diagram. I thought CoM was over the front tire.

It would take four Eddie Halls to lift my car.

The centre of mass isn't in the middle of the car idiots. If the car is rear or mid-engined it's going to be much closer to the back wheel. Likewise if it's front-engined, it'll shift to the front. Did you guys not pay attention in 8th grade science or something?

If a car is said to have 50/50 weight distribution, as most supercars have, it means half of the weight is on rear wheels, another half on front wheels. That's the only data you're going to get because that's the thing that matters in a car.

stop making excuses

You know there are things in cars besides engines, and that engines vary greatly in size, right?

if it's 50/50 distributed on the tires, then by symmetry, the CoM is equidistant between the tires

So do a FBD, sum force, sum torques.

Done, heres youre A.

Can someone tell a non-physics major what the hell is going on with the equations?

I performed a summation of the moments about point A. A moment is equal to force X distance. A static object experiences a net force of zero, so I can set the moment equation to 0 and solve for the force at point b.

>the car is literally just the engine + shell
ok bud