Calisthenics

What do you Veeky Forumskunts think about calisthenics? What results have you gotten and is it a better way of getting ripped than lifting weights?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bmav517MQJc
youtube.com/watch?v=JmOEgK5o2yg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is there actually a product like anchor arms out there that's remotely realistic?

injecting oil i suppose

doing resistance training is the most efficient way to get big/strong.

if you enjoy calistenics more, they're a good alternative.

If your definition of "ripped" is Patrick Bateman style abs and such, then you can definitely achieve that with calisthenics. Calisthenics are also cheaper, more convenient, more impressive, more fun, more healthy and more safe then weight-lifting. However, if you want to put on a ton of mass quickly, weight-lifting is better for that. The nattly limit for purely calisthenics is smaller in terms of mass than weight-lifting. You won't look like Arnold by doing only calisthenics.

thats actually in you though, Surely with all the make up these days they could make prosthetic muscles that look real

Oh i see what you're saying, idk user

You're saying that a Patrick Bateman physique with calisthenics only? Wouldn't that take like 3 years depending on where you started

will i at least look like zyzz? that's what i

mire'

I think it takes around a year for a good mt. olympus-tier physique

My plan is to continue with my strength freeweight routine until August. From there if my lifts are high enough I was going to do a PPL until 2018 and then depending on where I'm at switch over to bodyweight.

Really good results as a matter of fact.
Not massive but I'm not a fat ass anymore either.
Can even pull off some fairly interesting tricks.

How long did you do it?
How strong were you when you started?
Workout routine?

what does Veeky Forums think of chris heria and thenx?

it's not safer or healthier than lifting weights.
whether or not it's more cheaper or convenient depends on personal situation and preferences. same goes for more fun.
showing off tricks is usually more impressive to people who don't lift, but having a killer body due to lifting weights is impressive as well.

I think his tattoos look retarded

Idk I bet if you go to your local gym and start doing planches everybody there will be impressed. You'd most likely be the only guy there capable of doing them. Same for front and back levers.

but I'm agreeing with that...

People on this board hate it because they either don't understand calisthenics or chose to be stubborn.
You're gonna have to do more than resistance training to look like Zyzz. The guy was on gear with good genetics, most naturals won't look like him no matter what.
I really like him because he helped me achieve a handstand. His tutorial was the only helpful one I found.

>most naturals won't look like him no matter what.
the red pill is too hard to swallow

I know bro i cry myself to sleep every night knowing I will never look like this

>tfw won't talk to even half the number of bitches he banged

You don't have to look like Zyzz to get laid.
youtube.com/watch?v=bmav517MQJc

Okay, that makes me feel better a potato gets laid. Maybe there's hope for me yet

Everyone gets laid eventually. Stupid, awkward, short and ugly people get laid and make children, if they didn't then they wouldn't exist in such great numbers.

Great results from them. The key is progressively overload like everything else.

I'm not talking going from 10 push ups to 25 in one set I'm talking going from push ups to planche push ups.

I would also do pull ups (or at least attempt them) but no pull up bar
What's a good amount of push ups a day for a beginner?

>Implying I would go for the horsefaces

Nah I mean everyone gets laid as in you will get laid even if you are not perfect or 7+/10. But that doesn't mean your partner can't be 10/10.
I think there was some fat guy that posted his pic here, he said everyone discouraged him from taking his shirt off in this board but he did it at a music festival and banged a pretty hot chick there.

>Be ugly virgin
>Have standards

Yeah you are doomed to fail.

youtube.com/watch?v=JmOEgK5o2yg

>5 to 15 minutes rest period
kek 5 minutes should be your max during actual training sessions. Greasing the grooves is another thing.