Is it unmasculine for a guy to not to know how to swim ?

Is it unmasculine for a guy to not to know how to swim ?
today i went to the pool me and my gf and i felt she's pissed since I kept hanging around the shallow water.

bumping for an answer .

it's pretty pathetic, yes. are you black by any chance?

No buy my parents were to too scared I'd drawn if they taught me to swim when i was a kid

It's not difficult. Just kick your feet and move your arms.

>parents were afraid you'd drown so they didn't teach you how to swim

OP I have bad news your parents are retarded

I didnt grow up near water. Its no big deal here. What is actually unmasculine is not knowing how to skate

where do you live ?

She's pissed because you acted like a fucking pussy. If you can't swim, at least man the fuck up and admit it, and try to learn. Instead you just hung around in the shallow end like a 10 year old boy.

OP uhhh, swimming isnt that hard to learn though dude.

Did you at least try? did you try to swim?

Yes. The good news is, you can learn the basics (aka not drown, do a few laps) in a day. Youll be horribly inefficient though, tiring yourself out 4x faster than others, but youll be able to go to the deep end in under a day

>Lets protect our son from drowning by not giving him the necessary skills to not drown.

Your athletic skills are limited if you can't swim (something most 8 year olds can do) so yeah I guess it hurts the masculinity your gf associated you with.

Yes, you need to know how to do literally EVERYTHING or you should just flush yourself Tbh

i remember i almost drowned once when i was a child. Got really sick from it too. My parents signed me up for swimming lessons after i got better.

I know people who can't swim
I find it slightly pathetic specially since its so easy and natural to do.

why even go on vacation someplace tropical if you can't swim. Thats like 60% of the planet.

wtf you can't even enjoy boat rides or if a plane crashes and your in it and it manages to survive in water, you're fucked since you can't swim.

yup, pretty fucking pathetic that some water can kill you so easily

Not knowing how to swim is a weird concept for me. How the fuck is it acceptable to just die if you, by chance, happen to be in a big enough volume of water?
Holy shit it is just water, not like a bear hunting you, how pathetic is it to die in calm motherfucking water?
If someone that does not know how to swim is reading this, immediately get yourself some swimming lessons

Yeah m8, with just basic swimming lessons and swimming all my life I have the ability to tread water for hours, it sucks but atleast I know I can survive for a while instead of just fucking dying

God I can't even imagine not being able to swim, like what do you do when you go to the lake with friends? Or the beach?

Learn how to swim ASAP, it's so fucking easy too

>not knowing how to instinctually swim.
You're what they call a 'genetic dead-end'

A little off topic but I was fat as a kid to the point I was pretty buoyant and barely had to put any effort into swimming. I lost weight as an adult and noticed that I had to work harder to tread water to stay afloat. I've lost over 70lbs in the last year and actually haven't been to a pool in that time so it will be interesting to see how much more work it will be to keep afloat now.

TFW I may have to relearn how to swim because I'm getting healthier

>my friends try teaching me to swim
>kick and move my arms
>still sink
>not even fat

wtf I hate swimming

>Is it unmasculine for a guy to not to know how to swim
>the state of Veeky Forums

>Not even fat
Ironically, that's part of your lack of bouyancy

tru

but if swimming/treading water is as easy as kicking and moving my arms, I should've been floating

I don't know how anyone can not swim, at the very least float. All you need to do is relax.

Jesus

If I was scared of something my parents made me do it. It is how you build confidence. You have shit parents.

you have shit parents

wrong. however swimming is absolutely a necessary skill, right alongside wiping your ass properly.