Redpill me on 5x5

>Redpill me on 5x5

its useless

12x10 is where its at.

Created by a hack who has no background or credentials. 3x5 is infinitely better for strengh and size.

>infinitely
Calm your tits

>lifting a lower volume is better than lifting a higher volume.

Have fun never making it, bud.

/thread

why not just got 3x8? much less time wasted waiting around resting.

I've done both. 3x5 is good for people with bad genetics. 5x5 is good for people with good genetics.

Gains work on an asymptote instead of a straight line. New lifters will get stronger no matter what they do, but 3x5 will allow them to ride linear progression for a longer period of time because it's easier to recover from and you don't need as much muscular endurance to get through 3 sets as you do 5 sets.

Plus Rippetoe actually knows what he's talking about and puts accessories in the book that he tells you to add to SS, including curls and LTEs, and Medhi says that you'll get bigger arms if you squat.

>rippetoe knows what he's talking about
>SL is the only 5x5 routine

Both wrong

>came out of British Amateur WL Association methods. Used as a prepatory program for 1-3 months on the press - primarily - to get a lifter working with heavier weights. Sets across. Add weight when all reps are completed.
>Used by Reg Park - ramping, sets across, 3x5, 4x5 ramping/1x5 back off - who used it with up to 8 movements 3x week
>Starr took it and turned it into a Max/80%/90% peaking program designed to ease out of season high school football players back into their previous strength levels
>Mark 'Gay Ass Fetishist' Ripptoe, who has never trained anyone of note or lifted anything of note, stole everything from Starr but simplified it and turned it into a program that will barely make you sweat. ABAB progression on bench/overhead will mean you will never progress on either
>Conclusion:
>It's billed as a strength program, but it ain't and you'll get most out of it if you view it as a BBing program and hit it hard using Parks methods - multiple movements, bench/press every session etc etc. SS as written is good 'off-season' work for recovering after a period of being on a real strength program. In my opinion the best 5x5-style program for general health/strength/enoyment is BRUNO SAMMARTINO's one, but - LOLGASM @ DA AUTISTIC NERDS - it's actually 3x6.

/thread

Just do sheiko.

Sheiko's over complicated and relies on drugs. The omission of the latter upfront should put it instantly in the Weider-style class of 'Bicep Days' that BBers do.

I recommend Jamie Lewis' Destroy the Opposition or 531 (the real program with loads of 5x10's and rep maxes, not the shit nerds on here do) as good modern 'strength' programs that work without complication and drugs.

"No"

It makes no difference how many times you lift the weight, if your lifting it less times simply increase the weight.

>ITT people who have never done or read about StrongLifts and don't realize that it tapers off to 3x5 after the second deload

>Millennial nerd who deadlifts 80kg and spends hours per week pondering complicated powerlifting methods

>someone who actually does SL, aka the cash cow of a clever marketeer who can't actually lift shit and is also an arab

Well cucked, whiteman.

I don't understand how the base greyskull program with double the sets plus 2 accessory exercises is a "complicated" program. Just pirate the app and press the buttons, lift for 2 hours 3 times a week and collect your gains.

The app makes it way easier to follow than 5/3/1, with joker sets and a different weight every set, plus you don't have to go out of your way to progressively overload your accessory work because it's not supposed to be challenging, unlike 5/3/1.

Sheiko is literally just "bench , deadlift and squat a lot with variations you like", accessories are basically optional.

Destroy the Opposition Intermediate routine is at least as hard as Sheiko. It's a bit less volume, but at higher intensity and more often, which kills your recovery

5/3/1/ Boring but Big is decent for a hypertrophy block - if you alternate which lift you do 5/3/1 and 5x10 (ie 5x10 bench goes with 5/3/1 press, 5x10 deadlift with 5/3/1 squat and vice versa) so that each lift gets hit twice a week.

6x5 or nothing doing you absolutely retarded cunts

2 hours to do the basic greyskull program plus 2 accessories means that you need to stop fucking around in the gym.

No nigga, sheiko. It has 6 or 7 sets of 2 movements. You do bench squat monday friday and wednesday you do bench assistance/deadlift.

Same as the greyskull base program.