What's the deal with fruit, Veeky Forums? Some people say it's great for you...

What's the deal with fruit, Veeky Forums? Some people say it's great for you, some people say to stay far away to avoid the sugars.

Which is it? Is fruit healthy or not?

I eat 1 apple in the morning, 1 banana before workout and 1 banana after workout.
The sugars are natural and not harmful in such small quantities.
However, I think bananas are giving me digestion problems.

I eat one apple and one banana with my oatmeal porridge in the morning. Sometimes I eat an additional banana in the afternoon, but preferably not. When I used to eat porridge with milk and some jam for breakfast as a teenager I was hungry by the time I got to school. Fruit fixed that. But I've only been on Veeky Forums since december and don't actually know shit about anything.

It's natural sugar so it doesn't contain any toxins.

paleo faggots think its bad for you

they are fine, they have fiber and shit so your body breaks em down better than just regular sugar.

some are better than others though on the GI scale.

>digestion problems

well, ever wondered why it's advised to eat bananas and rice if you have diarrhea? both of those constipate you

What amount of fruit is right for you depends on your goals.

Generally I think it's good for you but it is possible to eat too much.

What are these so called "Toxins"?

What are their chemical structure and name? Where are they on the periodic table?

You might have just changed my life around.
What do you guys reccomend instead of bananas for sugars before and after?

>not harmful

You don't have abs if you're eating three fucking fruit a day.

Don't try to act like you know shit about chemistry, obviously he means that artificial shit they put in junk food

different foods put different pressure on your system. Such as eating sugar will feed Candida in you're gut which then gives off waste chemicals that are harsh on your liver. Although if you have a healthy gut then sugar won't be much of a problem. Your liver can get easily bogged down on foods with all sorts of chemicals so when I think people are talking about toxins they are referring to how much your body is working to get rid of the constant intake of these types of foods you're body might not be good with. So detoxifying which doesn't make sense, I would interpret it as taking in foods that can help make your liver enzymes work more efficiently and cutting out and eating foods that help your system such as coconut oil and vegetables will bring all sorts of nasty waste out with them.

fruit has nothing to do with your bodyfat percentage what world are you living in?

>sugar has nothing to do with your bodyfat percentage

If you do this thing called Cutting you will loose bodyfat no matter what you eat. I recently cut on some KFC. I wouldnt expect a beginner that falls for "sugar Very bad Toxin Mak u FAt" To know about it.

Those Toxin's would still be an actual substance with a chemical make up. Simply referring to them as Toxin's is fucking stupid and on par with spiritual healing and other similar horse shit.

Thank you. Way too many people reference "Toxins" but don't even understand what the fuck is going on in their body.

I eat shitloads of fruit, but I'm just a fatass trying to lose weight. Although I'm almost there (6'1, 177lbs). I don't lift, I just run 20-30mile per week. But anyway, I love low cal fruit cause then I get to eat more (strawberry, cantaloupe, tomato, peach, etc).

For example, yesterday I consumed: 2 apples, 2 cantaloupes (it was 1300grams weighed out), 1lb strawberry, 5 peaches. That's a pretty typical day.

I know I should consume more vegetables, and I do eat some, potatoes, corn, broccoli, cauliflower, occasional salad/spinach, but it's just not as tasty as fruit so I don't eat as much.

So yeah fruit is a huge part of my diet. Jan '16 I was type 2 diabetic and 280lbs, a1c of 7.6%. Blood test last month a1c is 5.1%, cholesterol & triglycerides and all that shit were excellent.

I know it's not for me.

>some people say to stay far away to avoid the sugars.
because the confuse free sugars with bound sugars.

free sugar is the 'bad' sugar, that should be limited to no more that 20g per day and gives you all kinds of problems even at low amounts, examples are fruit juice, pure sugar, honey, syrups, sodas and so on.

bound sugar has never been shown to have any negative effects, and is actually needed by your gun microbes. This the type you get in fruit and other plant material.

Another reason is that a lot of people just look at protien and cal content and dont care bout micro nutrients and fiber so they think fruit is bad because they dont look at the good things in it.

>because the confuse
*they

>gun microbes
*gut microbes

Tomatoes cause kidney stones bro

Mate, anyone who's done year 9 chemistry lessons knows that only elements are on the periodic table, so unless the fucking sugar on my cornflakes has pure Flourine in it then what you just said was total bullshite. Don't try and sound so clever to impress people on a Taiwanese Horse-Breeding forums.

>inb4 "wow anons triggered"

Humans are frugivores.
We're literally evolved to eat more fruit than meat.

That isn't eating three fruits a day, retard. That's eating KFC.

Don't listen to retards.
Fruit may not be as filling as vegetables but it's still more filling and less calorie dense than fucking chips or steak or kfc or cheeseburgers.

I can't wait to see a bunch of butthurt broscientists try to deny this

Fruit is very good for you and should be a common snack in your diet.
Some people do talk about fruit sugar, but the fiber in fruit helps decreasing the damage that regular sugar can do, however, for some reason if you turn the fruit into juice it gets rid of the fiber and it just becomes simple sugar.

Which is marginally worse for you than three fucking fruits you imbecile.

>protein

Yeah, it's sure worse for you.

Kentucky FRIED Chicken
>THREE WHOLE FRUITS