Scared Black Cat Deadlift

Hi Veeky Forums,

What are the best ways to avoid the scared black cat deadlift? I'm just starting lifting and I notice that if I try to lift too heavy I get the rounded back form.

Should I be going for an arched back, or neutral? I've tried to arch it back like I would bench pressing (when you push your shoulders back) and it didn't feel comfortable as it made me it difficult to maintain a vertical bar path.

Share your experience with the scared black cat deadlift.

Other urls found in this thread:

stronglifts.com/deadlift/#Back_Angle
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Never had that issue if i felt my hips shoot up too fast and start loading the weight on my back i maintained deadlifts and increased my bent over rows and tbar strength so far i havent had issues, Deadlift 335lbs

keep lifting at the weight where it doesn't happen until you get stronger. do more volume for progress instead increasing weight. try again after a week or two to see if you can lift it without excessive rounding

as long as lower back is stable it dont matter

Learn how to brace and use your lats.

If you just begun lifting it doesn't really matter.

Of course form is important, but this fit obsession with good form when you are not even in a intermediate level is bogus. You don't achieve respectable weights without cheating a little, it's all good.

pull your belly-button towards your spine

for any newfriends reading, this is b8
you must ensure you have impeccable form for maximum force transmission, efficiency and safety
>If you just begun lifting it doesn't really matter.
just starting lifting is singlehandedly THE most important time to drill in perfect form

say for example you are going for a deadlift 1rm, and you have shit form, you're gonna snap your shit up
>You don't achieve respectable weights without cheating a little
you don't achieve respectable weights with muscle tears, slipped disks or broken bones either

don't ego lift
don't be webm related

Stick chest out and ass out, curving your back inwards

You'll slip a disk doing cat style

Face is forward and up, chest out.

Why the cat gotta be black?

Your core stability is shit and you need more hip flexibility. Stretch your hip flexors and take a deep breath before reps.

Do more rows, get better form. I found out that the more I do lat isolations, the better my deadlifting form gets. Otherwise I'll round out after 405.

You shouldn't be arching like on the bench, it won't be possible when you get to heavier weights anyway. Just focus on keeping a neutral spine and don't use too much weight.

top kek

stronglifts guy says its better to keep back neutral, is he full of shit?

stronglifts.com/deadlift/#Back_Angle

thx, i think i'll stick to neutral

>curving your back inwards
wat
Just lock your lats down and try to keep your back straight. It doesn't matter if you curve a little on the upper back, but you don't want to curve down to any severe degree. None on the weight should be pressuring your spine.

Just be sure to wear a back brace and it doesn't matter. Vid is me deadlifting and ive never had any injuries.

I just got 3pl8 diddly someone congratulate me 7 months lifting achieve-o

The key is in keeping your abs tight by flexing and that valsalva maneuver with breathing and then keeping your chest up by pulling your shoulders/upper back into position. Hard to explain exactly what I do, but it should feel really "tight" before the pull and it'll feel way lighter. Similar to any of the other lifts, if you're tight you can lift a lot more weight safely. One thing I would not advise is purposely flexing your lower back. A lot of people think this is the way to go, but it's all in the abs/breathing and I'm pretty sure if you're relying on your lower back muscles you'll end up in snap city.

>that blip in the middle of actual decent form

How many times a week do you deadlift? If you're only deadlifting once a week than you need to lift more times per week. This doesn't mean lift heavy three times a week, this means you lift lighter on two of the days and heavy once a week. you have a weak back and you need to strengthen it. Also your form could be fucked so we need a video shot from the side.

Just... Don't? You've gotta be lifting way over your max if your back is rounding

Holy fuck

Sometimes I wish I had the confidence to go up to dudes that do this and give them advice