/bulk/

How are you bulking user?

Gained a little over 15 lbs in 9 months. I see no reql size difference. I don't know if it's because I started bulking with a decent amount of fat at first or I barely put any muscle on

Not just using it to get fat unlike you from the looks of it

gaining .5lb a week

Idk user, i'n starting to feel fat everywhere but no sign of muscle

I was anorectic ( 45.8kg at the age of 19, and now i'm on 65.5kg one and half year later)
Idk, going to the gym really increased my appetite and i rarely eat junk food.
Got a little bit toned but still need to lift more to get ripped ya know

How can you gain weight without eating junk food? I eat 6 times a day and I don't have gained a penny

Just because you're bulking doesn't mean you have to bulk on junk food
Potatoes, rice, pasta, chicken, fish, eggs, tuna, you know, the usual...
Maybe it has to do with your metabolism or something
How many times do you workout per week and how many times do you do cardio, or if you do?

just ate half a pound of chicken for lunch

Lmfao most of you apparently have no fucking clue how to bulk...you never eat junk food in a proper bulk. The point is to hit macros and surplus calories, not to turn into a fatass. A calorie is NOT a calorie. Eat complex carbs, quality fats and proteins. That's it unless you want to be a lard ass like op

I work out 3 times a week and I try to do as little cardio as possible, normally I run 10min before the gym

Also I'm 6'0 and 72kg, I was 65 one year ago and 60 one year and a half but I still look skinny

Cool, not very informative

>bread is good
>meat is fine
>cheese is great
>salad is healthy
>if you combine these things together into a hamburger, then OMG it's poison gotta eat "clean"

Fuck off fatass

fuck off retard, hope you choke to death while eating chicken 14x/week

Damn you sure are fucking mad. Must be from that hypertension caused by your dirty bulk of burgers and sugar.

He's right, you're a fatass and don't understand nutrition. Tiny bit of lettuce, saturated fat, simple carb bread that might as well be table sugar

This is why you look like shit

Chicken is shit for how little calorie intake it has. Learn how to bulk shitless

I didn't even mention chicken, learn to read ya pudgy fuck

Learn to bulk right and maybe you'll start hitting your proper macros

>sugarphobic bullshit

the fitness industry is a fucking joke, now you have this army of retards who tell scrawny kids that to get big they need to eat whole rice and chicken breast every day, oh not to mention buy 18 supplements, no wonder 99% of them fail miserably.

>bulking is calories

Hahahaha, okay fatty. Chicken is the leanest source of protein that is cost effective for most people. If you hit your macros, you hit your calories.

Dude, chicken has a lot of protein and protein has calories.
Most of you don't understand jack shit about fitness and nutrition
>hurr durr bulking big mac heavy weights low reps hurr durr

My niggahs, lard asses need the facts handed to them straight

chicken is all water weight, waste of money, red meat is much better.

Sugar is fine post workout. Did you know too many insulin spikes a day will actually fuck your gains up? Of course you didn't

Have you ever bulked faggots? You don't know how reality works

That's objectively wrong

have you ever cooked in your life?

I'm currrntly bulking. If you think of a bulk as "more calories", you're gonna get fat. A bulk is "more macros". The difference being proportions. If you need 3000kcals, and you only really focus on that number, you can easily eat too many Carbs or Fats or Proteins. If you focus on the macros and focus on hitting them every day, you'll make your calories for the day and be less likely to build fat

lmao loving this shitfest

Sure, in moderation. Chicken and fish is much better because it's lean and high in omega-3. Red meat is loaded with saturated fat for the most part. The type of fat you should be avoiding

Have you? Weigh a chicken breast before and after you cook it, the weight won't change as much as you think. And even then, it's still more cost effective compared to beef because it's leaner and higher in protein.

Reality? Maybe for a lazy fuck like you. Keep them fat gains going, we tried to help

the only type of fat I should be avoiding is your mum's fatass

ITT: Pillsburry dough boys vs proper bulkers

no one that bulks has a problem hitting necessary protein intake, chicken is the worst meat for a bulk

To compare to the guy saying go for red meat:

An ounce of 90% ground beef, assuming the fats remain, is 50 calories, 5.7g protein, ~3g fatsz

Compare that to an ounce of chicken breast at 30 calories, 6.5g protein, and .4g fats.

>bulking on a cutting diet

go to hell

Sure, a big mac and some nuggets with coke is sure better.
Fuck macros, who needs them amirite

You have yet to explain in what way.

Where did you come up with that? Just because you don't know what you're doing doesn't mean your shortcuts are right.

>implying there's really any difference between the two except for proportions

in the way that chicken is the preferred cutting meat precisely because it makes you full, has low calories, and a high protein percentage. If you're bulking you don't want to feel full nor consume less calories, that's an idiotic counter-productive strategy.

You really have no clue. Chicken makes you feel full because it has more protein. Chicken allows you to eat less and gain more. Stop thinking of a bulk in terms of calories. It's about macros. If you hit your macros, you hit your calories. Filling up your protein from chicken allows your more options for the other two macros.

It depends on the amount the chicken you eat...
And by personal experience, I never felt full eating a whole plate full of rice with chicken breast, i just feel like i eat normally, but i'm going to bulk ofc i'm going to eat more rice and more chicken till i feel like i'm blowing up

why don't you chug 400g of whey protein down your throat every day then? that's all the "macros" you seen to care about.

You shouldn't "bulk" with more than 500 calories, unless you're on steroids. A natural will gain literally one pound of muscle maximum (regardless of diet) per month if he has been training for two years. I guess people just want an excuse to break out the candy and cookies? They add 7 pounds of fat a month and justify it with a net gain of .15-.50 lb of muscle

Good luck affording to buy your supplements every 3 days then ...

You'd feel less full, consume more calories and more protein at the same time if you simply ate red meat.

Chicken is white meat, not red meat...

>wholerice&chickenheads

sad

3.2g of saturated fat in a 100 calorie portion of ground beef and 4g of protein...

1000 calories just to get 40g of protein with 30g saturated fat. Just please stop, please.

Why we look better. 3 minutes of enjoyment isn't worth walking around looking like shit 24/7

Sweet potatoes, normal potatoes, rice, pasta, chicken, fish, tuna eggs, and some supplements if you need to.
The diference between bulking and cutting is the amount of what you eat.
An occasional big mac per week won't hurt you, but its not the best way to bulk, it has a lot of saturated fat...

nice fake news/nigger-tier arithmetic skills

Nah brah red meat and burgers are the ultimate bulking food check my stats

ITT: idiots who think bulking on shit food is anywhere near a good idea

if that's your reason then we can see how much of a nutrition-illiterate moron you are.

Don't bother, the dude is arguing red meat over chicken in terms of protein acquisition, he's an idiot

ITT: fatties who didn't read the sticky and don't know how to properly bulk

I feel like there's been one doughy guy that's been trolling 5 of us this whole time all of s sudden... I'm out

excess protein is stored as bodyfat, seems like Veeky Forums really does believe that 300g of brotein a day bullshit will make them any stronger.

>300g of brotein a day
>attacking a straw man
nice job fatty

Not necessarily, it's converted to glycogen then any excess that isn't compensating from under macros is stored as fat. I'd rather have too much protein then not enough if you're bulking.

If you workout and take the appropriate amount considering your daily activity, it won't be stored has body fat

Nobody here even argued for 300g protein.literally who are you quoting?

there's no way you're not gonna have enough protein in a bulk, only if you're eating all carbs.

By drinking loads of oatshakes.

Cheap and easy way to get kcals

I blend the oats myself mix it whatever I want for flavor (ex. vanilla, cinnamon, blended coconut) and just mix it with water.

Works like a charm

Or if you're like the lardass here who eats ground beef for his protein.

beef is 100g of protein per 1000kcal, how delusional can you be to claim beef isn't a good source of protein. Only supplements are then, good goy.

And chicken is 100g of protein for under 500 calories and has much less fat.

Red meat is an awful source of protein, at least ground beef anyways

yeah but good luck eating that much chicken without wanting to vomit and kill yourself.

yeah but good luck making it with that kind of mindset

How does pork (pork chops/sausages/bacon mainly) compare to the god-food that is chicken? Would I be sabotaging myself if I subbed in a few sausages instead of a chicken breast every so often?

if you're still hitting your macros and calories, you should be fine. just be smart about it.

I just started to use chicken thighs instead of breast. It has a bit more fat content but its so much easier to eat than breasts, and a lot cheaper. Do recommend for skinnyfags.

Do you not understand you're getting an extra 150 calories from mostly saturated fat vs chicken? Holy fuck just stop

>do you not realize you're getting more calories on a bulk

holy fuck man thanks for the heads up

Hey guys, so I checked the sticky, and I'm currently on a cut. I weight 150 lbs. Sticky says:
>Protein: 1.5+ grams per lb. bodyweight
1.5 x 150 = 225 g protein
That.... sounds like a lot of protein. This has to be a joke. What do?

0.9g protein per pound of bodyweight.
use a bodyweight you'd be lean (~10% bf) at.

Ok well I am 5'11". What bodyweight would you recommend?

My biggest concern with cutting, is losing muscle. And are you sure 0.9g protein per lb is sufficient?

>My biggest concern with cutting, is losing muscle. And are you sure 0.9g protein per lb is sufficient?

Post pic

I am skinny fat. I actually have like no muscle. Sticky tells me a skinny fat person like me should cut down to 10-12% first, then lean bulk, so that's what I'll be doing.

I workout 4-5 times a week, doing PPL. So muscle loss shouldn't be much of a problem for a person like me, right?

as long as you eat a healthy diet and keep a moderate caloric deficit, you shouldn't worry about losing muscle.

if you weigh 150lbs at 5'11", you probably shouldn't be cutting at all.
maintain your weight, and focus on getting your diet, training and sleep in order.
0.9g/lbs is fine.

getting down to 10-12% is only recommended if you're fat (not skinnyfat) or if you already have quite a bit of muscle.

>If you’re above 15% body fat (about 24-27% for women), diet first. If you can get to the 10-12% (19-24%) body fat range or so, I think you’ll be in an overall better position to gain mass. Trying to get super lean will probably end up screwing you in the long run because your body will be primed to put back fat on (and most other physiological systems are screwed up as well) when you get super lean.
from the sticky.

my tdee is roughly 2400, so i'll be eating 1900 calories on a cut.

if you just calculated that tdee, then it's probably a bit high.
I train 4 times a week, and my tdee is lower than that at 174lbs and 5'10".

i went from 140lbs to 194lbs, now at 174lbs, and I think cutting at 150lbs when you're 5'11" isn't the best idea.
if you think it's a good idea, go lose a couple of pounds.
it doesn't really matter anyway.

I workout 4 times a week, HIIT cardio 5-10 mins, and walk for fun for an hour.

Bulking is the easiest thing ever and I love it. I just eat what I do on a cut but add a litre of milk and a package of poptarts.

always set it to sedentary

Did I screw myself over by bulking when I wasn't a low body fat? I started at 5'10 165 and I am now 187. To get to a lean look would I lose alot of muscle dropping 30+ lbs? I am probably in the 20-25 range right now

Why? Now my TDEE is 2067. You're saying I should eat 1500 calories a day despite workout out four times a week?

tdee calculators are okay for an initial guess.
that's about it.

to get an accurate reading, track your caloric intake and your weight.

yes, if you wanna cut properly. I'm 6'3 and I eat 1900 cals on a cut

ok

> Chicken is the leanest source of protein

Do you even tofu?

TOPLEL.

Enjoy your fat gains butterball, there's no saving you

You realize what you are saying is totally wrong? You wont necessarily hit all your calories by hitting all your macro, if it was the case People would be able to gain weight just by taking supplements and vitamins. You need to check both the calories and macros

By looking at macros, you're looking at calories as well. 1g protein = 4 kcals. Once you hit your protein daily intake, you can adjust your diet to suit your caloric needs, or other macros like fats and carbs.