Homecooked "junk" food

So we all know pizza,burgers and shit like that is unhealthy... But what if I will make it from scratch? Pizza for example? Homemade dough and bought ingredients? It's still unhealthy?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans_fat#Presence_in_food
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Whole grain dough
Low-sugar sauce
Real meat, cheese, and veggie toppings
Wa la!

Much less so. There isn't an awful lot of nutritional value in dough and cheese, but it will be a hell of a lot better for you than eating a store-bought or take-away pizza. Home cooked food is always better

Not unhealthy but still lacking nutrition for how high in calories pizza is.

Burgers are very healthy, the only problem with them (or pizza) is the amount of bread, but if you don't go overboard its no problem. Even store bought/fast food ones arnt nearly as bad as people say. (Id say they are healthier than a lot of the shit people make at home)

I ate 3 burgers for dinner a couple of weeks ago, pic related. At 1000cal even if you are on a cut you have enough room to get the missing nutrients like fiber, protien, and Vit C, E & D.

I ate pizza yesterday but didnt log it, I know its not as good as burgers, but its still not THAT bad.

>"Burgers are very healthy"
>american education

>look at the nutrition chart
>1.9g trans-fats
Ecksdee

heres my pizza, not as good as burgers but still not that bad. (this is for the whole pizza, I usually only eat about half and leave the rest for the next day)

>yes goyem, dont eat red meat, its bad for you.

if that bothers you, make a chicken burger

Once again, trans-fats, lots of saturated fat, cholesterol and a shit ton of sodium.

Pizza is shit and burgers are only good if home cooked with high quality ingreients and no white buns.

Red meat doesn't inherently have trans-fats you retard.

not an american, but nice going not pointing out anything actualy wrong with burgers

lets compare it with the Veeky Forums staple, chicken and rice (pic)

for the same calories the buger gives you more omega 3, more fiber, more vitamin K E and A, more calcium, copper, zink, Vitamin B2, B5, and on and on.

>B-But I also eat brockoly!
you can eat it along side a burger as well.

Literally the only problem with burgers is the low protien if you are aiming for >150g per day.

>Red meat doesn't inherently have trans-fats you retard.
Are you fucking retarded, ALL the transfats in that burger is from the meat. the fat in red meat contains trans fats, thats where all those trans fats come from. If that bothers you prepare the meat in a way that you dont get any transfats. I dont care since 1.9g (and 0.5g for the pizza) is below the recommended limit of 2g per day

sodium, that was high I admit, since I put bacon on it.

>lots of saturated fat, cholesterol
literally not a problem at that levels

>no white buns
yes, missing out on that 1g of extra fiber and 1mg of magnesium from the whole wheat is really going to fuck with your gains

not that whole grain isn't better, its just that on such small scale as a single bun its irrelevant, what you put on the bun is going to overshadow it completely.

hey guys what site is this?

cronometer

what kind of shitty meat are you eating that it has trans fats?

Home made burgers are good for you, damnable vegan eurocuck.

"Healthy" is a meme. Learn about macros and micros and what they do. Identify what you want from eating (taste, satisfaction, a certain amount of protein, a certain amount of calories, a certain amount of micros, whatever), and then figure out if what you're eating is appropriate. If you want a lot of protons without very many calories, pizza, no matter if it is homecooked our not, is not good. It's macros are what it's made of, and pizza, made at Domino's or your kitchen, is a shitload of dough and cheese, with barely any pepperoni, which isn't very protein dense either. Don't think of it as, "Fat is bad." but "Fat is why this food has so many calories while having relatively few proteins."

2g of trans fat
recommended tolerable intake of 0g
>Burgers are very healthy
LOL

>Wa la!
Please end it

you could have just, i dont know, fucking googled it
>A type of trans fat occurs naturally in the milk and body fat of ruminants (such as cattle and sheep) at a level of 2–5% of total fat.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans_fat#Presence_in_food

you too retard
>World Health Organisation recommended that trans fats make up no more than 1% of a person's diet.
1% is more than 0.

while eating just pizza is obviously a bad idea, you can easily get enough protien in a day from other meals while still eating a small pizza. Unless your cutting at like 1500cal or something, then it will be hard to achieve.

>Wa La!

Bone apple tea

You can improve things without making it from scratch too

eg. pick through the frozen pizzas for one that has ok macros (whatever that means for you, I want something that isn't 1500 calories in carbs and few toppings)
Buy good mozzarella, tomato sauce, fresh veg, real non-shit chicken
Put it on there
Cook it
Eat it

So many store pizzas are just big discs of bread with tiny amounts of shitty quality toppings on them, but since they don't layer the toppings on they still serve as an ok base for putting real toppings on them, and its still cheaper than buying quality pizza that still might not have good macros.

Depends what you put in it.

You can make shit that is just as high in calories as anything you can buy ready made.

Yesterday I ate half a Costco Combination pizza.
I still hit my 1800 calorie per day average this week. How? Because I ate under the rest of the week.