Why does the biggest genocide in human history get so little attention?

Why does the biggest genocide in human history get so little attention?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Death
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destruction_under_the_Mongol_Empire
geneticliteracyproject.org/2015/01/07/claims-that-us-is-a-genetic-melting-pot-appear-overblown-if-youre-white/
pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/06/12/interracial-marriage-who-is-marrying-out/
sci-hub.cc/10.1093/molbev/msm277
anth.la.psu.edu/research/bioarch/docs/polygon_references.pdf
anth.la.psu.edu/research/bioarch/docs/occupation_polygons.pdf
anth.la.psu.edu/research/bioarch/images/polygon_map.jpg
trunity.net/sam2/view/article/51cbf44b7896bb431f6af515/?topic=51cbfc9ff702fc2ba8130178
ibtimes.co.uk/what-cocoliztli-scientists-identify-mystery-illness-that-wiped-out-aztecs-1655377
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because it wasn’t carried out by Nazis or commies.

Because white people aren't introspective and suppress the truth, they'll learn soon enough that their true place is under the mighty BBC.

but it does. It's called God, Gold, and Glory

The Natives died of being sneezed on.

yeah because colombus day never gets any controversy

Because they decided that tribal warfare during a plague was a really good idea. Not just the spic indians, but the american indians and south american indians as well.
Basically, the Indian genocide is a massive meme and not a genocide.

not a genocide

Spain brought Civilization to the Barbarians.

You all would still be tossing up baby heads on a skull pyramid if it wasn't for us Latins.

Because it was unintentional.

>ungrateful savages don’t realize the benefits of being murdered and enslaved
>we gave them Jesus why don’t they like us

Because admitting that maybe your own country did some pretty fucked up things is only good when Germany does it

Because it happened long ago. Everything is forgotten given enough time.

>be Middle Ages explorers
>literally not have any comprehension of diseases and how they're spread
>arrive at the new world
>accidentally bring these diseases that the Natives had no immunities to
>kill millions through disease without knowledge of what you "did"
>get blamed hundreds of years later for a "genocide"

Actually Amerindians had more development rate than europeans. In other words, Amerindians have more civilization potential than europeans. How is this hard to get?

Mexicans arent human they rank below dogs above slavs on the dignity scale.

If dying of disease in the inevitable contact between the new and old world is genocide then ghengis khan is greater because he helped spread the Black Death AND conqoured lots of land with people in it that he killed
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Death
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destruction_under_the_Mongol_Empire
He did open up the Silk Road for the first time in a few hundred years

Are you that faggot that shitposts the same thing on Veeky Forums?

Wtf are you talking about, people had basic ideas about disease worked, at least enough to know that contact with an infected person or their belongings could infect you. Idk if they intentionally infected the natives but they also went around just murdering them too. Especially in the later stages, Manifest Destiny was pretty obviously a campaign of extermination.

You're right

>shitposts
Insluting historical facts won't make them become less true. Hmm...?
>faggot
Why the homophobia?

For starters, it isn't a genocide.

Yeah those people in the 1500s were so good at biological weaponry.

Don’t respond to Incatard

The earliest recorded use of suspected biological warfare dates back to the Hittites. As I said, people knew enough about disease to know that contact with the infected caused it to spread. This can easily be understood just by basic observation.

That's a nice picture. Did you make it?

>Manifest Destiny was pretty obviously a campaign of extermination.
It wasn't, but it should have been.

Because if the Spanish had their way the natives wouldn’t be dead due to disease they’d be dead due to overworking as cheap slave labor on plantations.
Unfortunately because nobody actually cares enough about the countless thousands who did exactly that, the entire plague gets more attention because people are fucking retarded I guess.

>Because if the Spanish had their way the natives wouldn’t be dead due to disease they’d be dead due to overworking as cheap slave labor on plantations.
wtf I love Spaniards now

The Native American genocide was probably the most pathetic genocide in all of history. They just kept dying even though whites wanted them for labor and fucking and whatnot. Even though tons white cum was pumped into their native wombs it was difficult to keep them around.

What a useless race

Tbh I do too. Who else is good enough to shoot up schools and get lumped in with whites?

>Because it was unintentional.
Complete bullshit, but this is Veeky Forums so what do i expect.

Nah I just thought it was funny.

>Why does the biggest genocide in human history get so little attention?
The victors write history user. If i was a native american i would be laughing my ass off at whites slowly being overrun in Europe.

>be German SS units
>literally not have any comprehension of how pesticides affect the human body
>arive in eastern Europe
>kill millions through your delousing agents without knowledge of what you "did"
>get blamed decades later for a "genocide"

Problem - Nazis in the chain of command were well aware of the effects of “delousing”
Problem - Nazi Germany had a planned and systematic way of killing people

Because Columbus was financed by Jews

That was an accident
We didn’t know they would die of plague

Probably because when we look around, there's literally nothing left of them. No buildings. No works of art. No literature. Hell, I've met more Armenian Americans than Native Americans.

It's as if.... they didn't even matter.

the spanish spread disease

there weren't any white people on the continent at this time mr 89iq

on the conquests of Nuño de Guzmán

>"In 1529, Guzmán put Juan Ortiz de Matienzo in charge of the Audiencia. Then, gathering a military force of 300 to 400 discontented conquistadors and between 5,000 and 8,000 indigenous Nahua allies, Guzmán set out on December 21, 1529, to the west of Mexico City to conquer lands and peoples who until then had resisted the conquest"
"The campaign started with the torture and execution of the Purépecha cazonci Tangáxuan II, a powerful indigenous ally of the Spanish Crown. Guzmán proceeded to launch a fierce campaign into the Chichimec lands in the province that was to become known as Nueva Galicia, reaching as far as Culiacán. Part of the purpose of the expedition was to find the fabled Cibola, The Seven Cities of Gold."
"This expedition has been described as a "genocidal enterprise".[15] Typically, the conquistadors attacked an Indian village, stole the maize and other food, razed and burned the dwellings, and tortured the native leaders to gather information on what riches could be stolen there, or from nearby populations. For the most part, these riches did not exist."
"the Spanish were received peaceably in Tzintzuntzan by Tangáxuan II, the cazonci of the Tarascan state, which largely coincides with the modern state of Michoacán. Tangáxuan gave Guzmán presents of gold and silver and supplied him with soldiers and provisions. Nevertheless, Guzmán had him arrested and tortured, to get him to reveal the location of hidden stores of gold. Presumably there was no more gold, because Tangáxuan did not reveal it under torture. Guzmán had him dragged by a horse and then burned alive on February 14, 1530"

1/2

2/2

>Meanwhile, in Mexico City, the actions of the Audiencia attracted the attention of Juan de Zumárraga, bishop of Mexico, who put it under an ecclesiastical interdiction on March 7, 1530. The immediate cause of the interdiction was a case of violation of sanctuary. The Audiencia had violently taken from the convent of San Francisco a servant of Cortés accused of grave crimes, and two religious, Cristóbal de Angulo and García de Llerena.
>Undeterred, Guzmán continued the violent suppression on the peoples of the present-day states of Jalisco, Zacatecas, Nayarit and Sinaloa. In the latter state, he founded the city of San Miguel de Culiacán on September 29, 1531. He returned to Tepic, where he set up his headquarters, sending out new expeditions from there. One of these founded the cities of Santiago de Galicia de Compostela and Purificación. Another traveled as far as the current Mexican state of Sonora. His violent expeditions into Chichimec lands were a main cause of the Mixtón rebellion.
>Reports of Guzmán's treatment of the Indigenous had reached Mexico City and Spain, and, at Bishop Zumárraga's request the Crown sent Diego Pérez de la Torre to investigate. Guzmán was arrested in 1536. He was held a prisoner for more than a year and then sent to Spain in fetters.

Because literally 99% of the deaths were caused by disease which those who brought it had no concept of.

It's like blaming the black plague on the rats and fleas

and yes it's accurate compare Spaniards and english to rats

Mostly disease.

Sad to think about.

As we speak, European countries are being shown diversity, American nationalist movements (ie Richard Spencer) are nothing more than disapora larping, and countries like China that are completely alien in culture, not just conservative like muslims are, are coming up on the modern scene.

Karma's a bitch

Imagine. It must have been extremely metal.
>Spanish arrive
>They bring diseases
>most of your neighbors, friends, family, basically 80-90% of the people you know and in your town die off
>because they sneeze themselves to death or get covered in big pimples
>sometimes 99% die off in some tribes
>the market collapses, your job or role in society is suddenly gone, food isn't coming in from farmers because they're dead
>society in general collapses, the king is either captive or dead, and bearded mystery people are enslaving and raping whatever is left of your people
>there's no more military to defend society because society is dead
>and in some places the spanish couldn't get too, society collapses and is replaced by mad max-esque horse riding injuns
pretty much the arrival of the spanish caused the apocalypse for the native americans

Why do you even feel the need to say this. Not even good b8.

Please just be more creative next time user

>native
>american
>genocide
why do people still spout this meme? Are they still unironically brainwashed from their diversity grade school indoctrination classes?

i dont think coughing on someone meets the requirements for "genocide."

>kill 99% of all Native Americans with disease
>"oh woopsie"
>"might as well enslave the rest now..."

Because there's no reason to dwell on the past unless there is something you can actually do to correct it.

How do you suppose people living today should correct a genocide done by their ancestors? They literally can't.

pay denbts

Disease spread can't really constitute a genocide.

If so then the Native Americans got a little bit of revenge by spreading syphilis on the Europeans.

poor European man, he got syphilis from raping too many natives :(

Syphilis origin is debated. No solid evidence shows it came from America.

It's pretty simple actually. Go back to europe.

Because it's history, and we've moved on. In 500 years, the Holocaust will be just a footnote.

The Holocaust was nothing in comparison to this.

yeah, lets not forget the mongolian genocide of europe with the black plague!

Or the world wide genocide after the first world war with the Spanish flu!

>90% die from disease that spreads along common indian trade routes
>add that with most important and productive members of society being killed by disease, so society collapses
>add that with already low birthrates and population estimates from being mostly nomadic people (at least in North America's case)
>European settlers come with greater birthrates
>diversity + proximity= conflict
>indian women want that BWC as evidenced by mitochondrial DNA, so they get absorbed into the fold
It's a wonder how there's more alive today than there probably was before Columbus

>want
Indians have similar penis size to europeans.
>there is more alive
I would like to know the source.

Because it happened too long ago. Nobody's going to care about recent genocides in 2500 either.

22,5 mi? That's not by far the biggest

>>indian women want that BWC
No.

>The same childhood friend reported in a letter that Columbus had provided one of the captured indigenous women to him. He wrote, "While I was in the boat, I captured a very beautiful Carib woman, whom the said Lord Admiral gave to me. When I had taken her to my cabin she was naked—as was their custom. I was filled with a desire to take my pleasure with her and attempted to satisfy my desire. She was unwilling, and so treated me with her nails that I wished I had never begun. But—to cut a long story short—I then took a piece of rope and whipped her soundly, and she let forth such incredible screams that you would not have believed your ears. Eventually we came to such terms, I assure you, that you would have thought that she had been brought up in a school for whores."

It is one thing to know how diseases spread and it is another thing to understand how immunity works.

Already proven they knew how to spread diseases.

>In 2014, there were 197,870,516 non-hispanic whites. On average, NH Whites have 0.18% Native American admixture, which extrapolates to the equivalent of 356,167 full people “inside” the European population.

>For blacks, there were 38,929,319 people, who were 0.08% Native American, which amounts to 31,143 Native Americans “inside” the black US population.

>Now “latinos” in the United States have the highest Native American admixture at 18%, but that is probably not from North America. For what it’s worth, there were 50,477,594 latinos, and in this population are the equivalent of 9,085,967 Native Americans “inside” the latino population.

>And of course people who directly identify as Native American number 2,932,248 people in 2014.
geneticliteracyproject.org/2015/01/07/claims-that-us-is-a-genetic-melting-pot-appear-overblown-if-youre-white/

pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/06/12/interracial-marriage-who-is-marrying-out/

>Another interesting fact is that Native American lineages on the female side were largely kept intact. This is inferred from mitochondrial DNA which is always passed through the mother. And what it shows is that there was very minimal lineage destruction.

This is important. Because if the Spaniards were going from town to town in Mexico just mass murdering the inhabitants, whole families would be killed off. The fact that, while the population decline may have been over 50%, families remained intact, is evidence that the deaths were probably down to disease, not mass murder.

sci-hub.cc/10.1093/molbev/msm277

All rape. i'm happy that you POS Europeans will get conquered by feral Negroids and based Muslims. The days of the white man are numbered.

>north america
That's just in USA, and the people living before Columbus in NorthAmerica is an unknown topic mainly. As diseases wiped out the populations of the agrarian societies.

Eh estimates vary wildy. The agreed number is anywhere from 1-4 million in North America

Eastern North American population at ca. AD 1500 by Milner and Chaplin
anth.la.psu.edu/research/bioarch/docs/polygon_references.pdf
anth.la.psu.edu/research/bioarch/docs/occupation_polygons.pdf
anth.la.psu.edu/research/bioarch/images/polygon_map.jpg

trunity.net/sam2/view/article/51cbf44b7896bb431f6af515/?topic=51cbfc9ff702fc2ba8130178

Population Population per square kilometer
Cape York Aborigines 0.16
Cape York Aborigines 0.4
Andaman Islanders 0.87
Batak in Phillipines 0.54
Batak in Malaysia 0.1
Semang in Malaysia 0.05
Semang in Malaysia 0.19
Stone Age Britain “Less than 0.1”
Campa 0.8
Machiguenga 0.5
Barafiri Yanoama 0.34
Ecuadorian Achuar 0.17
Algonkian Indians of Victoria Lake 0.01
Algonkain Indians of Groote Eylandt 0.18
Murngin 0.06
Walbiri 0.01
Average of sample 0.387
The first 7 numbers come from “Managing Animals in New Guinea: Preying the Game in the Highlands” by Paul Silitoe.

The number for stone age Britain comes from “Late Stone Age Hunters of the British Isles“ by Christopher Smith.

The last 8 examples come from “In the Society of Nature: A Native Ecology in Amazonia“ By Philippe Descola.

And to clarify, that chart is to compare populations of hunter gatherer societies

*per sq kilometer

breeding with the europeans so less indigenous? is that a crime?

>estimates vary wildly
Yep.

>Amerindians breeding with subhumans
You tell me.

>i'm retarded and didn't actually look at the image

OP's pic is of mexican native population collapse. IE, Aztecs and other Mesoamerican cultures. There's fuck tons of ruins all around mexico, plenty of example of fine art, goldsmiths, and sculptures in muesums, as well as a few books that managed to escape being burned by the spanish

Yeah, I'm sure those 20 million all interbred with the Europeans and weren't just killed by disease and Europeans.

Actually Amerindians had a higher development rate compared to europeans.

what if whites go full retard again tho?

>segregation
>racism against anything non-white
>boycotting non-white businesses

why not? white is a race, why do we have to continue to pander and apologize when other races don't

this timeline is over 80 years....3-4 generations at least

It's pretty simple. America belongs to Amerindians the same as europe belongs to europeans. How is this hard to get?

This is only half true.

Yes, a huge proportion of those deaths where due to dieases and it's completely abusrd to pin the fault on european powers for.. But at the same time, the 90% population loss was over an 80 year time period. It'd be equally absurd to say that the amount of deaths and the severity of the outbreaks and thteir death tool wasn't exacerbated by the stresses the conquest and colonization caused. Cities were sieged and burned, populations got destabilized and displaced, fields were burned, food shortages happened, etc.

Most importantly, the Spanish destroyed and got rid of native sanitation systems, which was one of the things the region did better at europe in the time. Tenochtitlan/Mexico city in particular got absolutey screwed here, since it relied on the hydraluic systems the Aztecs had in place to move water around the city and lake system it was built on to stay clean, combined with fleets of civil servents to manage them and get rid of waste and garbage. The Spanish destryed the aquaducts, causewyas, dikes, and didn't have the same municipal cleaning and sanitation staff. That alone probably faclitated later outbreaks in the city.

I'm sure no matter what you'd still have seen a few million deaths, likely 6-7, even if Cortes and his troops died without conquering anything just from the intial smallpox outbreaks; but we have no idea what caused the later cocoliztli outbreaks and we only just recently (like a month ago) found out it was a samonella strain. Those outbreaks may not have happened, and even if they did, likely wouldn't have been as severe.

Even by your graph it shows how disease had a much greater initial effect, though

ibtimes.co.uk/what-cocoliztli-scientists-identify-mystery-illness-that-wiped-out-aztecs-1655377

Well, on /pol/ that post would have gotten a couple dozen replies. I think a lot of people tend to think that Veeky Forums and /pol/ are the same thing, but Veeky Forums is politically centrist. And that's not really true.