What's a good way to straighten out your spine?

What's a good way to straighten out your spine?

Pic related is me. I have slight lumbar lordosis and a hunchback.

Even when I tilt my pelvis forward and straighten up it's still pretty bad, and it causes me pain.

I was thinking about wrapping towels under my armpits and then tying them to a pull-up bar and just letting gravity straighten out my spine and decompress it.

Are there any better alternatives to this?

Other urls found in this thread:

exrx.net/
exrx.net/Kinesiology/Posture.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

face pulls and pull ups

work your way to pull ups

face pulls should be high rep low weight

Pic related is how I look when I stand up as straight as I can and tilt my pelvis forward

Ayy lmao!

1. what you just mentioned
2. bridge
3. cobra stretch
4. hyperextensions
5. scapular protraction and retraction

read the sticky
hit the gym
put dowm those towels

Go see a physiotherapist and let then guide you through it.

My dad's best friend had the same problem and he sorted it out quite well with the help of a physio. Granted he was never as fucking pathetically thin as you are.

put your shoulders back u absolute beta

Bump

Pull your pelvis back and down, then retract your scapula. Heavy bent over rows and some chins will fix this in no time.

Yoga

Is this an elaborate troll?
You've got a lot of work ahead of you, man.

But fucking hell, start lifting. Please.

Why would this be a troll?

Bro, go to exrx.net/
they have posture exercises and even show the muscles you need to train. Plus, it's an old website so no ad bullshit, just good info.

Here is the posture page: exrx.net/Kinesiology/Posture.html

bookmark this site.

strengthen abs, glutes, and rhomboids. stretch deep hip flexors, quads, lower back, pecs, and upper traps. try to sit straight when playing phone games.

Dancefag here. Posture isn't fixed by lifting, although it will help. It's just a matter of forming correct habits.

Your pelvic tilt isn't terrible, but like some anons are saying your shoulder blades need to be pulled down to stop the hunch. Here's what you do:

Find a wall, put your heels on the wall. Keep your knees fully extended but not locked. Tilt your pelvis forward and put your tailbone on the wall. Stretch your lumber spine vertically as long as it will go and pull your shoulderblades down and out, put your back on the wall. Pull your neck out of your shoulders, and put the back of your skull up to the highest point on the wall you can get it to (you'll probably feel a bit like you're making a double chin). Now imagine someone's put their hand in the little hollow between your lower back and the wall. Pretend you're trying to squash that hand with your back (I.e. pull your core back to your spine).

Now you should be in good posture. Relax a little and remember what it feels like. Set yourself cues, a good one is every time you go through a doorway, and every time you're cued return to that posture. Keep at it and it will improve.

Just lift, man. You're tight in the front and weak in the back, makes for bad posture. It's how most people are, pulled over, shoulders rolled forward, head slouched. Strengthen your traps, lats, posterior delts, and you'll straighten out. Also consciously avoid positions that enforce that posture, i.e., don't hunch when you're at a computer, hold your phone higher so your head isn't dropped forward all the time. Just work on it, get stronger, and you'll be fine

R E T R A C T Y O U R S C A P U L A

You look like you have tight pecs. You want to roll shoulders back and down, look up a vid of that. Try pec stretches if you're tight, you'll know, otherwise work on core (ab exercises and things like posterior pelvic tilts) and back strengthening

I've had bad posture in the past do to injury and was pretty sedentary in wake of dealing with said injury. I did a lot of things to help fix it and it worked over time.

1. Don't sit, be more active
2. Get a standing desk.
3. Don't stare down at your phone for long periods of time.
4. Every time you stand up stretch your arms up over your head as high as you can and slowly lower your arms but keep that same posture.
5. Learn to sleep on your back as opposed to your side.
6.When going to bed, roll up a towel hotdog ways and lay your spin flush on that towel and let your shoulders go back further into your mattress
7.Do more stretching - stretch your back on a foam roller everyday. Stand straight against a wall and bring your arms back, palms forward and push the back of your hands against the wall and do static holds
8.Start lifting and focus on your posterior chain, deadlifts and t-bar rows are your friend.
9. Eat something you skinny fuck.

miles?

Who is this?

r u miles

Yeah, who are you?

prove it, post a pic of your teeth

not miles

My name is Miles, weird.

your last name is not dewar?

Sit less and focus on having a good posture

Also OHP and deadlifts

That's not OP
Wouldn't OHP compress your spine?

OHP should come later, but light/high-volume z-presses aren't a bad idea...and some heavy power shrugs.

never heard of a z-press, thanks

Rowing (the water sport, not barbell rowing) is good for your posture. Strong emphasis one developing a strong back and core, and can increase your height a bit because you stand up straighter.