Why do I feel so tired and slow the day after working out?

Why do I feel so tired and slow the day after working out?

Other urls found in this thread:

justgetflux.com/
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.urbandroid.lux&hl=en
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because you're not eating enough to properly recover or you're not sleeping enough.

Slept 12 hours though.

It's probably nutrition then. Either food quality or not enough of it

Thats too much. You need 8-10.

That's too much sleep. Oversleeping is just as bad as under sleeping.

Alright. Will try to aim to eat better on workout days.

I do use whey and take multivitamin supplements.

you need calories. Whey and multvitamins are supplements meaning they are to SUPPLEMENT you normal eating not replace it.

Chow down and aim for 8 hours. Drink lots of water and you will be good in like a week.

also eat a lot on your non gym days too.

Stop this "eating enough" meme. You are probably eating toxic food and drinking sugary drinks.

Also it depends on how much stress you are experiencing. You'll body don't know the difference between work and work-out. If you can't recover, do a little less.

All you will get here are generic answers that you could have thought up yourself or if someone else asked you.

Your best bet is to find some research on bodies response post exercise on your own.

A lot of people say stuff about eating right and stuff when people feel sleepy throughout the day. But no one ever says anything about your circadian clock and regular sleep schedules. Look elsewhere for answers

Get off your high horse you dumb nigger, you said the least in this thread

at least i pointed OP in the right direction rather than saying
>nutrition, clean vs dirty
>more sleep
>less sleep
>you will get used to it

No you didn't. You repeated what was bein said. He has a sleeping issue because of oversleeping and most likely is eating poorly and not meeting his macro goals. That's it.

I wish I was in your shoes. I never feel tired, not even after a really hard workout or a 4 mile run in 90 degree weather. Cortisol is a hell of a drug.

What's your diet like?

We already answered sleep so that's fine

How long have you been working out for? Not how long IS each session, but how long have you been doing regular sessions?

What's your body fat percentage and weight?

yes, all sleeping issues lead to one answer. Thanks doctor. Im glad no one actually had to do any studies on actual physiology

You're dumb as hell.

wew, good one lad. You sure got me

No he's not. People said "More sleep" before OP said he got 12 hours, then they said "Less sleep" because it was a different issue.

People have been giving different answers because they're giving heuristics based on problems they had when they were tired. That's it. No one's retarded, they just haven't been asking OP what his life is like and then diagnosing him.

Yes he is. If he's sleeping 12 hours he's objectively oversleeping. It literally is that simple.

>always tired
>sleeping 12 hours
Something might be wrong. Time to see a doctor..

Yes, and when he said he was sleeping 12 hours people told him he was oversleeping and that he should get less sleep. This guy would be retarded if he then said "Get more sleep" even after OP was getting 12 hours.

No he's just oversleeping. If he was getting regular amounts of sleep and was tired, he should see a doctor because that could be CFS which is shitty af.

>its really simple, all roads lead to one answer

>What's your diet like?

Shitty cheap food like pizza. I do hit my caloric goal, and use multivitamins.

>How long have you been working out for? Not how long IS each session, but how long have you been doing regular sessions?

Around 2 months. Each session is around an hour. I do fairly light weights due to shaky arms (got a problem with my nervous system). I run on off days.

>What's your body fat percentage and weight?

I'm still really skinny. 6'0 @ 78kg. Not really sure about the fat percentage.

Oh jesus

If you're in a 1st world country that has healthcare, then go see a doctor. If you are in america, I'm sorry, move to canada maybe.

lol, nigga. I literally said something about regular sleep schedule.

>Shitty cheap food like pizza

There's your answer

Also it might help if you stop thinking that you can replace fruit and vegetable micro-nutrients with a pill

Alright, here's what we're gonna do:
>Cut the pizza
Nutrition isn't just about calories, it's also about your macronutrients and micronutrients. If you need 100g of carbs/day, that doesn't mean eat 100g of sugar/day. You need to focus on fiber and starches, which are as easy as green beans and potatoes. Just sautee them or stick them in the oven, maybe with olive oil, and you can get plenty of high-grade carbs.

Additionally, Get some chicken breast and milk, plus some tomatoes (red vine are best imo) and a gallon jug for water. The chicken you just chop up into 1x1 in cubes and stick them in the oven at 350F for 25 mins. Without a marinade it will taste meh and smell like eggs, but you'll live, unlike what you are doing right now. DO NOT get your fruit in the form of apples. They are high in sugar and not filling. Tomatoes are best. Just slice them up and toss them in with the chicken, which they go very well with.

>Reduce your sleep
Use your phone or get an alarm clock and set it to go off about 9 hours after you go to bed. You don't always need a full 9 hours of sleep, but that buffer zone makes sure that if you have some insomnia you don't have to re-set your alarm.

>Keep working out
Since you've only recently started working out, it will still stress your system. This isn't really that bad, just keep going and work on reducing your body fat. There are tools to measure this, but the way you should use right now is just to find a ribbon tape-measure and get some measurements down for an online calculator.

Also, read the sticky if you haven't yet. I know it's like a game server that says "Read the rules", but the fact is that many of these issues you could have fixed earlier by going through the document and marking down important bits. Not mad, just saying. It's a good tool, even if you don't always want to use it.

Avoid blue light 2 hours before bed
justgetflux.com/ for your computer
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.urbandroid.lux&hl=en for you phone

Make sure where you sleep is cool, dark and full of fresh air.

Go to bed at the same time each night tp maintain a cardigan rhythm. melatonin supplements can help if you have a fucked up sleep schedule.

Do something relaxing and/or boring leading up to bedtime.

Do something relaxing and /or boring leading up to sleep

When you go to sleep, lie on your back or side and breathe deeply with your diaphragm emphasising a slow exhale. there are apps to help with the rough timing of this. if you notice you cannot breathe clearly ie enlarged turbinates or post nasal drip, get that shit sorted out ASAP.
That's all I can think about off the top of my head, hope you can sleep well, bro.

do and and meditate

>cardigan rhythm
kek

Improve your diet user

I'm 31, workout about 5 times a week with a mixture of HIIT and Lifts. Make sure to eat a balanced diet (Refuel with carbs after working out and reduced carb meals other times) and I wake up at like 07:00 on my days off feeling ready to go.
I also use whey/multis but as the other user pointed out they are supplements. Eat real food after working out! Use the whey as like a mid day snack or something. Don't aim to replace meals with it.

We're all gonna make it.

Go to if your doctor first. If that fails then research CFS treatments on phoenix rising forums, especially methylation.