Meal Plan Thread

Post ITT;
your current meal plans
cooking tips & tricks
healthy eating advice etc for newfriends
pics of some tasty food

Just found out I should be eating ~1000cal a day to be losing weight. How do I do this?
How do I split 1000cal into 3 meals and what do I even make for that matter.
Please help Veeky Forums

mon-fri
2lb chicken breast w/broccoli, asparagus and carrots for dinner
sat-sun pasta, usually primavera and alfredo with some meat on the side, doesn't matter which because lolbulking

Once in awhile I let myself have a Pepsi but I'm not feeling it lately

breakfast every day: 3 protein pancakes about 8" diameter
4 scrambled eggs
5 sausage links
tea and bread

lunch every day is grilled cheese or PB&J

Eat one single MRE a day

But that's going to be bad isn't it basically a 24 hour fast between meals?

If you don't know how to manage that then go for .5kg per week instead.

Yeah plus MREs aren't filling
At all
And they're miserable to eat
Sorry user but I have no real ideas for you beyond just snacking on random shit throughout the day to hit that 1000-1500 calorie mark

>How do I split 1000cal into 3 meals
an apple for breakfast an apple for lunch and an apple for dinner?

I love meat so much it's all I want but my goal body is some form of otter mode or very lean.

Please help.

For breakfast: homemade egg and cheese sandwich on a bagel with black coffee or coffee with lowfat milk

For lunch: Chicken, green beans or bell pepper chips, and steamed potatoes with a Spindrift. For those who don't know, it's a canned thing of sparkling water that's like 2% juice so it has 4g of sugar but a lot more flavor than straight seltzer.

For dinner: basically anything, I don't really keep unhealthy food in the house and I have a vague idea of how much everything is calorie-wise. Usually black tea, coffee, or milk to drink.

don't split it into three meals. Skipping breakfast is not bad for you: the idea that it is is mostly substantiated by Kellog's financed propaganda studies. Eat more fat and less carbs to keep yourself satiated

How do I get into calorie counting? I understand the concept but I mean do you people weight each and every thing you prepare and consume? How do you figure out how many cals are in each thing? I guess it's easy if you're eating prepackaged stuff with a label but
I prefer to only eat fresh so how am I meant to figure it out from that?

okay, but in that case what meal(s) should I eat?

is 1000cal really that little food? I know it's not a lot but I really can't figure it out.

To be honest, you really don't need exact measures for everything. Just read the labels on food. Chicken breast at my grocery store comes in packs of 2.5 lbs with three breasts, so usually about 1/2 a breast hits about 2-300 kCals. Then a potato which is about 100 kCals of pure carbs, and a ton of veggies which are all fiber and protein.

an apple is about ~100 calories each give or take a few so no.

In general, you already know the kinds of foods you ought to be eating. Leafy green vegetables are good for you: eat more of them. Chicken breast and eggs are good for you. Fried shit (that includes fried chicken, don't be sneaky) is not: eat less of it. Destroy or dispose of all the soda in your house and don't purchase or drink any more of it, it's disgusting and it makes you fat. You need to drink more water anyway, it's good for you and it'll keep you feeling full.

I would suggest downloading a nutrition tracker on your phone and keeping diligent track of the foods you eat every day. I use Lose It! but My Fitness Pal is also popular. Be sure to measure accurate portions. Tracking your food intake will make what you already know (broccoli is good for you) much more obvious and practical (broccoli is delicious and very low on calories). One thing this won't tell you: fatty foods like nuts can still be good to eat despite potentially containing more calories, because they can keep you feeling satiated longer. Also, don't feel stuck with three meals a day: if you're not hungry for a meal, go ahead and skip it. If you're hungry between meals, drink water.

>fried chicken
I'm not black but I can't give this up.

Chicken and pork are my go to meats.

>Just read the labels on food
>I prefer to only eat fresh
ahh yes because every apple that falls from the tree has a label already on it

Then eat less of it, alongside other, not-fried foods. You don't have to go cold turkey on stuff to lose weight, you just have to restrict meaningfully. That means you can eat ice cream or McDonald's or KFC, just not for every fucking meal. And probably nothing out of buckets or anything, you gotta control them portions

The nutritional values of most fresh foods are pretty much known. Like that guy said being exact isn't really necessary. Apples are about 90-110 cals depending on size, iirc. Bananas are similar. You can just google a lot of this stuff until it becomes sort of background awareness of what kinds of foods probably have how many calories. Like I said, tracking helps with this.

calorie counting sounds like such a pain why not just eat what you want and do more cardio?

Does fried chicken mean like deep fried? I use a small bit of spray cooking oil and fry chicken on the pan? Am I supposed to be roasting chicken breasts?

>ahh yes because every apple that falls from the tree has a label already on it

don't be an ass. use google cunt

>spray cooking oil
stop right there criminal scum!

no, but really stop using that shit right now.

>Breakfast

1 Banana
20 oz. coffee with Truvia and almond milk

>Lunch

4 cups of spinach
6 tbsps Kraft light house Italian dressing

>Dinner

1/2 pound shredded boneless skinless chicken breast
1/2 pound roasted mini red potatoes

Rate my cut pls

I was specifically thinking of deep fried when I wrote that, yeah

That looks fucking amazing, i love midrare chicken

>literally just spinach and dressing
throw some cherry tomatoes and/or mushrooms in there too, eating just spinach can't be that tasty alone and at least they'll add variety

You hold on to the first meal for as long as possible, skipping breakfast isnt bad at all if your job isnt physical that would require energy. Then again, according to the pic you posted, you arent doing a heavy labour job.

I'd say eat two whole meals, around 400 kcal for the first one, then go workout or cardio or whatever and then eat the second one later in the day. Might want to buy some casein protein powder to take just before the night, easier to fall asleep when not hungry.

Chicken breast has plenty of protein and quite low kcal. You probably have to limit carbs heavily. Could aim for something like 150g protein, 30-40g fat and the rest from carbs. If you take the carbs, just take them pre workout to give you energy.

this is some pretty good advice, thank you.

>live with parents
>mother buys and cooks meals
>have little to no say in what food is in the house
>haven't been able to lose weight in the 5 years that I've been trying

I know I need to move out but it's simply not possible at this stage. Should I just go full on hunger strike to lose the weight?

>that raw chicken

>12:00
Two peanut butter sandwiches
Two hard boiled eggs
250 ml quark
Cup of chicken soup
Fruit smoothie

>18:00
Dinner, mostly pasta or rice with chicken and veggies

>20:00
250 ml orange juice, one scoop oats, one scoop whey
50 grams of almonds

Total calories: roughly 2750
Total protein: roughly 150 gram

Lift 3 times a week, cardio once. 182 cm, 75 kg, 12% BF

I'm cutting and my meal plan is just whatever fits with my calories and getting a good amount of protein, and limiting sugar. I eat lunches at school and dinner at home cooked by my mom, but I've become quite autistic at counting and estimating calories so I have no problem with this.

eat smaller portions

>do this
>eat less calories but get fuck all protein
>turn into a shelly

bfast:
1 cup of oats cooked with boiling water
1/2 cup yogurt

lunch
2 slices of sourdough, roughly an oz of mozzarella with 1 tomato
celery with nut butter
1 cup of pomegranate juice

dinner
usually a steak or slowcooked beef ~120gms
broccoli, mushrooms, carrot, garlic sauteed in butter with handful of fresh parsely

if im feeling it 2 squares of dark choc ~50gms

~2000 cal or so im on 500 cal reduction

181cm, 80kg, i dont know by BF but im trying to lose the last of my weight

3 workouts a week with weights, also some body weight stuff and 1 cardio (HIIT) also 1 krav maga class a week occasionally yoga if im feeling it

true, but if he has no control over it what else can he do? buy some whey?