HOW MUCH OF Veeky Forums CAN ACTUALLY BENCH 225 AND UP

Dont bullshit because its pointless lets take an actual poll here. The question is simple How much of FIT can get at least one clean (touch the chest/no bounce) rep of 225lbs??

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kT5YHy0I9Ys
youtube.com/watch?v=EapVkFWiq_g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

205 3x5 I'm fucking coming for it.

5x185. I'm just glad I'm still progressing well, one day

> 245x3 with 6'10" wingspan
Hoping to hit 275 this summer and 315 in the next year.

225x3, max is around 255-270

Im really good at 1 rep maxes and really awful at reps because i have super long arms that fatigue quickly, my DL is around 440+ atm.

If I put in max effort and had perfect form was warmed up and had a lift off to start yeah

Last bench session was 175 3x5 but i maxed at 185 with only a 1pl8 3x5 Last time I made an effort attempt soz

0 can 2 can't

225 3x5 for working sets. Just cutting and staying there for now.

260lb on Incline for 1RM. Slowly going up as I've been trying to improve my 10rm. Doing 195 tomorrow and 200 on Tuesday. Should hopefully hit 205 next week then I'll work towards my 5rm.

3 can 3 can't

My bench is shit. 140x5. I deloaded and fixed my form(forearms weren't vertical, was pressing too high) so hopefully once I work my way back up I will demolish that plateau) I have also been bulking steadily since then so I swear to fucking Jesus if I can't do 140x6 once the time comes moms gonna FREAK

Just benched all time PR of 235 last week. feelsgoodman

I thought the premise was 5RM for 225. I can hit 205 for 3 sets of 5. I don't test my 1RM, but there's no doubt I could hit 2-3 reps of 225.

Hit 1.5pl8 on Wednesday, going for 2pl8 on 14/6

245 x 3 currently

im exactly the same

About 20 reps of 225
1 rep 330

I've done for reps it in the past but I got sick for a while and can now only do one ugly rep

No you fucking retard
If someone asks if you can bench 225 ofc it means one rep fucking autist how can someone not get this boggles my mind

I pause-bench 2pl8s for sets of 9.
Killer chest workout I'm glad I started doing them.
1rm is 3pl8 in case you were wondering.

2pl8 bench for 12 reps

Honestly I can only bench 90lb for 1 rep at most.

225x10 reps max. 1rm was 305 a month ago. Started smolov for squats and finished first month base cycle and ignored my bench for most of it. Now I can hardly do 5 reps of 225. Fuck me

You'll all make it bros. Just keep it up.

The standards for 1/2/3/4 are universally understood as 5RM.

And even then, why would he say I can't hit 225 for 1 rep after knowing I can hit 205 for 3 sets of 5?

250x6
Had to deload though my cuff was hurting.

Is that with or without the barbell?

At 180 currently, steadily improving, aiming for 225 end of summer.

It imply one rep max but real 1/2/3/4 is for reps

Can easily bench 225 with conpetition form. Max is about 275

>If I put in max effort and had perfect form was warmed up and had a lift off to start yeah
No

I've switched to dumbbells but before I did I was benching 225.

No it isn't. It's one rep unless stated otherwise, always.

i cant bench for shit, my form is loose no matter what. Maybe its just practice thing but i simply hate bench
I rather do weighted dips

240 lb is my max

I've done 225 for 9 reps before

I can bench 90kg for 10 reps so i figure i could easily do it, but havent tried yet since im doing 5/3/1 and im not there yet. Guess ill know for sure in a couple of months

For 1 rep ez ,but i never attempt max reps honestly i always do 12,10,8,6. And there i can do 85kg

Can hit 230x10
305x1

>225x9
>240 max
wut??? You should be hitting around 270-280

Most I've done is 225x4

175 bw

Wow yall some weak motherfuckers here.

290x1
225x11

go lift

weak fucks

>he thinks benching 290 is strong

wew lad

Can do 225 easily for 8. Doing 240 x 5 atm

225x21 Tng' after 2 years at 97kg and still weak as shit

I can

225 bench is not even close to being strong

Started SS this week and worked up to 90 3x5

How long until I get to a non-embarrassing weight?

225x4 and 6 on a good day.

right now? no, 95kg x 1 but not 100

the best part is this time last year I got 100 x 5, I've got weaker over the past year, granted I've lost like 5kg too but it's still laughable

>tfw cutting
>tfw no self control so cutting is actually binging followed by periods of self loathing so average out at a tiny deficit that only succeeds in making me weaker
>tfw i am my own worst enemy

Mid tier bait

1/2/3/4 out of 10

So what? How about a 10 mile bike ride plus HIIT workout, 10 mile bike ride all without having eaten for 12-18 hours (180llb slow reps x 6).

Fitness plus strength is the aim. Pure strength doesn't equal health.

Two clean reps, 3rd rep with a spot

225 is a light set of 5 for me. Max is 305.

Five years ago when I started lifting 225 was way the hell out of reach. Real progress is possible.

how the fuck did Steve Cook bench 205 as a 6th grader (around 11-12 years old)? if he is indeed telling the truth. that's the most I can lift now in my late 20s. sad...

Are you me?

10 mile bike is nothing, thats like benching 50kg. I cant believe you're bragging that. Try 50 miles pleb.
Also this is a fitness board not health fag.

100x10

I'm weak as shit. Afraid to do barbell bench regularly since i don't have a spotter.

>10 miles
>on a bike
KEK

195 currently, but I don't touch to my chest, I go down about 5/6ths of the way there. Was thinking about reseting my weight and touching up my form though.

5x5 btw

If I can't bench lmao2plate by the end of the year I'm gonna quit life
currently at 70kg

I only incline BP, 6x1.25pl8

youtube.com/watch?v=kT5YHy0I9Ys
youtube.com/watch?v=EapVkFWiq_g

Strength capabilities are based very much on the structure they bring to the table. Look at the difference in moment arms. Look at Stephen Paea's rib cage, perfect bench genetics

few weeks for 1pl8

320x2

Are you me?

More people need to watch the second video. The amount of bullshit spewed here every day is unbearable.

Not strong, not weak.

There's a thing called middle ground.

we lad

Its called being fat, insecure and in need of validation.

1rm is 255 at 90kg bodyweight, funny that nobody is mentioning what they weigh, seems pretty important to me.

255 kg? mirin

>funny that nobody is mentioning what they weigh, seems pretty important to me.
Funny and telling

My 1 RM paused is 245 at 85kg BW

>The standards for 1/2/3/4 are universally understood as 5RM.

No, it isn't. It goes back and forth, as on this very board, it was universally understood that it meant 1RM a couple months ago.

My 1rm is somewhere around 2pl8 but I haven't tested. I hope to be able to get 5+ reps by the end of the year.

So if you don't have the perfect benching rib cage what do you do?

You're gonna make it brah. As long as you get enough food and sleep and have a good routine.

Thats not the point. It would allow for more nuanced discussions and better advice. And we would get rid of garbage like this:

>few weeks for 1pl8

255lbs/115kg, at a bodyweight of 90kg/198lbs.

>mixing units
nigga pls

still respectable

I reached 305 the other day and I'm scared to death to progress to 310-315. Like there is a mental barrier that's preventing me from doing it. Especially since I lift with no spotter

Well what are the discussions?
>I dont have the greatest genetics for benching and want to make progress
>thats nice

why is Veeky Forums so weak

i get that there's always going to be more noobs than not, since people give up, stop, get injured, don't make progress for whatever reason etc and it takes time to advance, but it seems like there's way too many novices on Veeky Forums these days

I repped 225 when I was in high school, it's really not that big of a deal.

>yo i just started training
>the chains seems to have a fitness related board
>start training
>learn things
>realize this place is full of shit and fat neckbeard retards jerking off to cbt
>get the fuck out and never come back

i wonder why : ^ )

I dont remember making thi spost

no its always been for 5. why the fuck would there be a strength standard in Veeky Forums for a pathetic 225 bench for one rep only? when i started lifting i was 15 years old and in 3 months could already do that for one rep. 1/2/3/4 for 1 is just not a high enough bar (except /4 which is better than the rest of those), its supposed to be a marker of when you can move from building a strength base to doing something like a PPL

Are you saying that having no knowledge of your anatomy, biomechanical realities, leverages, torque, inertia are preferable to knowing how to lift in the most effective and efficient way to reach your goals?
Im not sure I understand. So you are advocating to not do proper research and rather have your SS memes being shitposted because people with no idea what they are talking about what to contribute regardless?

bench a tad bit over 3 pl8. 145kgs is my tested 1RM about 6 months ago, since then ive been more into pump training and volume.

*want

1/2/3/4 meant 1RM, which is why it's common to get the notion "you should be able to do this under 6-9 months"
I find it weird as well, people who are still in beginner program don't test 1RM

you were fat as fuck

I legit had a panic attack when the weight dropped that I astral projected myself into the video to help him.

They don't test it because it changes every week and would be too taxing to track

@OP 1RM is 325 lbs x 1. Last time I repped out 225, I got 14 after overwarming with 305 x 3and taking a five minute break

Lift in a power cage and set safeties just high enough to not crack your rib cage.

>that guy who benches in the power cage

Lol, I was 175 lbs in my teenage years.

If your benches don't have safeties and you don't have a spotter testing for a 1RM you're just retarded.

i was just pissing about. i agree, you have to bench with some sort of safety

That being said if your gym has one powercage don't bench in it.

1RM is 275