I'm about to start diet to lose weight, about to go shopping for groceries. I've got a 1500 calorie target...

I'm about to start diet to lose weight, about to go shopping for groceries. I've got a 1500 calorie target, how does this meal plan sound:

>Breakfast
Oatmeal with Almond milk, 1 Banana, Greek Yogurt (?), Cinnamon, Berries (if I can find them frozen)

>Lunch
Tuna sandwich (whole wheat bread) + some salad?

>Dinner
Brown rice + Chicken + Broccoli + spices/ sauces (I can mix these up a bit day to day for variety?)

>Snacks
Baby Plum Tomatoes, Carrots + Hummus (?)

Figuring out exactly how much of each ingredient I can use is going to be a massive pain, but does this sound okay?

Too many carbs, not enough protein and fat.

How would you modify it? I'm most flexible on lunch, I just figured it would be easier if it was something I could prepare at work rather than having to prepare both lunch and dinner for the week ahead.

Doesn't seem like too many carbs according to this thing

I mostly lean meat + salads when I cut. Need dat dere protein to retain as much musle as possible.

Use the lowest calorie wrap you can find instead of bread, put the salad ingredients in it with the tuna to skip the dressing.

>I'm about to start diet to lose weight
Time to get fucking shredded brah fuuuaaark

Tuna salad wrap lunch thing, guess I should just cut down on serving size of yogurt/ rice/ hummus?

Yeah, and add more protein. 119g is way too low unless you're like 160 lbs or something.

I'm 6' 180-190lbs, going for 155lbs before bulking. Totally new to all this (played sports as a kid, then got a job and stopped playing sports and gained flab). Was advised to drop bodyfat first.

Why should I not use MyFitnessPal's protein target?

155 lbs at 6'0? Why would you wanna go full skeletor mode? If you're a beginner you should just recomp. Worry about bf% when you have some actual muscle.

As for your question about protein, It's generally advised that you eat 1g of protein for every lb of body mass, especially if you're on a cut and you're trying to preserve muscle mass.

That's what I was before I left Uni and I didn't feel like hungry skeltal. Not even close to visible abs (and I'm not exagerating the height, if anything I'm minimum 6'). I'm happy to not drop that low.

So if my target bodyweight would be 165lbs instead, I should be gunning for 165g of protein?

It's supposed to be a 1g per lb of lean mass, though I'd shoot for over that if you're on a cut, especially with the cardio you'll be doing.

I thought this would be more impressive. Calories even went up on breakfast..

I fucked up the oatmeal quantity, guess I just want more protein, somehow. Any suggestions? I gotta head out soon as shops close in 2 hours.

Height and weight? user or anonnete (pls london) ?

1500 seem a little bit low for the most part of this board...

180-190lbs, 6'. Male. Near L O N D O N.

I asked if 1500 was a bit low before (other sites said around 1700-1800) but was told to stick with it to lose the weight.

My TDEE is 1700 so some tips:

>oatmeal + bananas
I love oatmeal and god only knows my love for banana but I would eat it every day. For me a satisfactory portion of oatmeal is too many calories so I prefer to have it here and there instead of every day.
>bread
My family had a bakery for 20+ years, I love baking anything bread but also having bread every day with a target of 1500 is stupid. Bread is too caloric compared to another sources of carbs like rice and sweet potatoes. Yoou can have it here and there but using eat as breakfast leaves you with too little calories to spend the rest of the day.

I prefer coffee/tea only breafast so I can have bigger meals. I'm eating only two a day because of college and my meals are pretty filling. I don't see need to eat fuckton of protein every day so I eat meat only 3 times a week. On the bright side you save a lot of calories skipping meat and you can have your oatmeal/bread on your vegetarian days without hurting the cutting. I suggest having some sweet potatoes (low cal by volume) and rice. If you cook fried rice with some vegetable for flavor and use sweet potatoes as side dish you can have your breakfast or eat some cheats and don't even bother counting calories, you won't reach anywhere ear 1500 kcal.

Yesterday had fried rice with grated carrots and sweet potato puree. Two really huge meals for only 1100 calories. Leaves you with a margin for a guilty free small cheat or bread/oats/banana/beer.

If you actually eat that and don't have huge serving sizes, that is perfectly fine.

Another tuna tip: fry up some cooked rice or some cooked lentils in a pan, add tuna, little soy sauce, ginger and lemon sauce. Tastes pretty good imho

Sorry for my bad english, I'm not a native speaker.

You don't need to bother counting calories if you don't eat sugar/bread/meat frequently. Vegetarian dishes are like diet cheat since you can get pretty filled for the entire day without reaching your TDEE.
In my case I love shitty food and sweets so I count calories to fit some cheat meals through the week without feeling guilty. I tried eating clean every day but it is a dumb move since it leads to binge eating. I reach a point where I was basically binge eating once or twice a week but luckly I'm almost cured.
I got pretty emotional with food since I was always skinny, I like being skinny and I fear getting fat. Doesn't help seeing all your friends in college fattening up through the years. If you really want to stay skinny you MUST do physical activity on a daily basis. Sit all day long and you gonna get fat.
Do some kind of exercise, eat clean but don't go overboard since the stress only leads to binge eating. After you get used to binge it is a bit hard to kill the habit. I wake up some days sugarlust and some nights I dream about binging on sweets. Luckly my small cheats are saving me now.

Don't listen to that faggot keep the carbs