>do crunches after a few weeks of not doing them at all
>get crazy abdominal doms for 3 days straight

fuck you fit, I will never listen to your advice again

You just aren't lifting heavy enough.

blah blah blah I'm not hearing what you say

>do 20% rm squats quarter ROM
>surprised that it doesnt work your core

load that shit to 80% 1RM, do few pause squats then we talk

This is very exciting, OP has discovered that DOMS following an exercise you are not accustomed to infact indicates weakness of the muscle. Maybe you should publish your findings and discredit the current repeated bouts effect explanation of DOMS! I look forward to reading about it in a future journal article!

it indicates untrained muscle

how much do you lift and how long have you been lifting it.

bench 60 kg 3x5
squat 85.5 kg 3x5
deadlift 105 kg 3x5
ohp 40 kg 3x5
I stopped power cleans because I don't understand the form

since January

Pullups work your abs more than squats or deadlifts will lmao.

you aren't bracing your core during the lifts

Not necessarily, it can just be an untrained movement, especially a crunch is quite a different abdominal exercise to the isometric of a heavy squat or deadlift. Similarly you can be a strong squatter, if you don't normally do leg extensions in your training and you go do 5 sets of 10 at a decent intensity, you will likely get some noticeable quad DOMS because its a novel stimulus, it doesn't mean your quads are weak, just you are not accustomed to that exercise yet, as the way your quads are used is different in the two movements, same with the crunches.

honestly this is the average sort of girl i wish i had been having one night stands with in college

nothing really noteworthy about her but it would be a good night of feeling like you're normal. i'd almost rather bang her than someone objectively prettier because at that point you're like "ok you're banging me but you're out of my league, what's your angle"

with this girl you're like "ok shes just horny like me, we're both average. cool"

anyway whats this thread about?

why is this pasta in every thread?

how the fuck did you determine that that was a pasta?

said the strong but dyel fatty Powerlifter

its been spammed hard as fuck recently, this is my 5th time seeing it today

Crunches are literally cancer, they are quite bad for your lower back and general posture.

Do isometric work which is the true main function of the core muscles (big compounds, planks, ab wheel...)

>be new to lifting
>be weak as shit
>see, squats and deadlifts are a meme!
You're a fucking retard

>DOMS
The fact that people need an acronym for being sore after working out makes me a bit depressed, but isn't surprising.

I didn't say that you stupid fuck, I said deadlifts and squats are a meme when it comes to building abs

Is doing squats while having APT the reason it's not being engaged properly?

>this
>/thread

You retarded fucking newfag go kill yourself

honestly this is the average sort of girl i wish i had been having one night stands with in college

nothing really noteworthy about her but it would be a good night of feeling like you're normal. i'd almost rather bang her than someone objectively prettier because at that point you're like "ok you're banging me but you're out of my league, what's your angle"

with this girl you're like "ok shes just horny like me, we're both average. cool"

anyway whats this post about?

uga buga

No, seriously: you're dumb as shit and not tracking with my logic.

In order to get abs, you actually have to lift heavy and you're new and weak as shit. Of course you don't have abs, you fucking cretin.

Stay in school, kids.

the fact that I don't have abs have absolutely nothing to do with what I said, you retarded monkey ass faggot. I said that deadlifts and squats DO NOT work my abs at all, since when I do crunches I get crazy doms.

Either learn how to read or kill yourself.

OP's upper body probably folds in two when he squats and deadlifts

what?

you're not working your abs because you're not engaging your core, probably because the weight you're lifting is still relatively light and you're able to get away with bad form

>work my abs

Do you just make that assumption based on the fact that you're hitting your abs from an angle they're not used to and get a bit sore? Thats like saying squats dont work my legs anymore just becuase my quads dont get sore from doing normal squats.

Jesus fucking christ

>squat 85.5 kg 3x5

Laughing my fucking ass off, the day you pause squat 4pl8 without a belt come back and show me how you didnt develop strong abs.

>you retarded monkey ass faggot
>we're the retards
>said the guy who thinks crunches demand more of your core and abs than heavy squats

>b-b-b-but i already squat and my abs arent developed!

t. sub 2pl8 for reps dyel

get off my fucking board you uneducated idiot

I've never trained abs in my life but I squat and deadlift 170kg. I have bigger abs than anyone I've ever seen doing cable crunches, ab crunches and other ab isolation shit

If you think it's a meme you're not lifting heavy or you're simply wrong

He isn't lifting heavy, that's the problem.

Planking, pull ups, and things like that are the best for abs.

Sit ups are fine on the actual sit up bar too. Or the weighted one.

>deadlifts and squats do not work your core
lmao

I can't tell if you're trolling or not

You can mix in a core day now and then. Hit it from different angles.

I'm not. Weighted planks will make your abs pop out especially.

you forgot to do your front squats

anyway whats this thread about?

Fat isnt abs. Powerlifters and weightlifters isolate their abs.

Thank god that you trained your abs or snapcity. Pros train their abs, but they dont do crunches

You've been lifting for four months you dyel absolute retard who are you to make that judgement just because you got doms from doing 10 crunches

Yeah wtf is going on? It's presumably spilled over from b. Creativity is shit tier

>all these triggered "muh skwatz and deads" fatties
It's true, though. Squats and deads aren't enough to build sweet, sexy abs. Direct ab work is needed

Post your body, show us all the glorious abs you've received from all those heavy compounds

>not working your core
>>>>developing abs
2 different concepts
and they don't exactly go hand in hand. It's like saying only compounds will make your lateral delts huge. It won't, they need isolation work, lad

post abs

>bench 60kg 3x5
>since january

You should be benching way more by now friend

>compounds work abs meme

Daily reminder to NEVER listen to Veeky Forums

Anyone in this thread saying "its because you aren't lifiting heavy" is literally a retard. You dont magicaly start working abs at a certain weight, they either work abs or not, OHP, bench, deadlifts, squats BARELY work abs.

It's like saying "bent over row works biceps, but only once you get to 100kg and up"

Fuck off

Do direct ab work if you want them.to grow, period.

>abs do get worked when doing diddly and squat
>b-but only when you lift more than eh-em 120kg and above!

Literally beyond idiotic

well they work your core. But to get better at compound lifts you NEED a strong core. Which is why you should work your core hard

Can you squat as much as you can leg press? No. That should tell you that its not your leg muscles that are lacking. Its way more often the core.

>sperg

Heavy compounds absolutely work abs if you're doing them correctly. They are not the only ab exercises you should do though. You should isolate as well.

this should be the only post in this thread desu

This. Dont listen to Veeky Forums for workout advice lmao. Do ab exercises you dumb faggots, otherwise dont do curls, skull crushers, flies etc either since they get worked in compounds lmao

>don't listen to Veeky Forums for advice
>gives advice

Damn thats a good point :/