Big Arms

Can I get big arms with Compound expercices only?
Are isolated mandatory?

Why do you think "curlbros" exist? How do you think they train?

Yes you need to do isolated excercises for biceps and you need to train them a lot. Hypertrophy isn't a meme. If you hit biceps 2-3x a week compared to 1 and do something like preacher curls, close and wide grip ez bar curls etc you will build a lot bigger biceps than just by doing compound movements.

> Compound expercices only?
If natty, thats the best youll get

If your on steroids, go brosplit

>>>QTDDTOT

If you are not on steroids you have to combine.

Heyy how do you isolate triceps with dumbbells???

Mention some non-meme exercises

>Can I get big arms with Compound expercices only?

hell no, you need isolated exercises for your triceps, shoulders, forearms and especially your biceps (they often dont respond to light or moderate exercise, gotta hit them hard or twice a week at least)

I managed to get better results just using cheat&recover and preacher curls focused on eccentric movement twice a week than I did the entire year of doing biceps once a week with standard curls and compounds

flat/decline db tricep ext

>Can I get big arms with Compound expercices only?
Only if you're short-limbed and/or manlet .

>Are isolated mandatory?
Yes. Both curls and triceps extensions are mandatory, but triceps will add more bulk to the arm. Forearms not so much, unless you got pussy wrists.

Skull crushers

8 hour arms goddamit

B-but I don't have a bench bro

STOP

Floor press

Nah, you should do curls and extra tricep work if you want impressive arms.

I have not seen a single example of anyone with impressive arms who doesn't do some kind of assistance work for them.

That's with bars...

I didn't add curls til after 1/2/3/4 and that was only to even me out because my forearms were getting a bit big compared to my 'ceps

I'd say it's worth adding in narrow grip bench press (still my best movement for triceps) but otherwise don't worry about it unless you don't like how you look

Compounds will give you 85% of your arm growth, because when you lift 200 lbs over your head, your arms will be big. But that other 15% is important if you really want to maximize arm gains.

I do them with dumbbells easily, either while lying down or standing behind neck (requires mobility)

Isolations combined with "compounds" are necessary:
>Curls with different grip (conc./hammer/regular etc.)
>Weighted Chins over Pullups
>after pressing strength work, additional weighted dips and then skullcrushers or whatever need to burn tris out with high vol.

I fell for the compound meme long ago, and after nearly a year of sticking to it with no significant improvement in my arms, I went full on bro mode and did arms twice a week. Over the course of a summer I saw great results. Don't become a victim like I was.

Just do isoltations at the end of your workout. How is this so hard to figure out for some people?

Don't be an idiot.

LOL I dropped all direct biceps isolations and only did weighted pullups/chins/neutral grip and weighted dips and my arms grew exponentially.

What do you mean by assistance work? would love to know, been struggling a bit to build my arms I feel.

post arms, then

How many exercises? Right now I'm doing weighted chinups one day and curls (usually 5xwhatever of any curl exercise I can muster the willpower to do) the other, but it's not enough. My triceps are fine but my biceps suck.

I do them on my bed,kek

>implying most people ohp 2pl8

How are weighted pull-ups for forearms gains? I want them massive, considering getting a wrist-roller for isolating them

This can fuck up your elbows.

Do tricep kickbacks with dumbbells

Barbell flies

If you do enough compound exercises (frequently) that involve your arms then you do not need to do isolation exercises to get your arms bigger.

>And this is a fact

turn ur trip off when u say stupid things

Ok, so real talk, I'm young (22) and already have carpal tunnel. The nerve is compressed in both my elbow and wrist, but thankfully much less in the elbow. I just do tricep and bicep isolations carefully so I don't fuck my body up and regret this decades from now.

However, what are some good forearm exercises that won't destroy my carpal nerve. I've tried reverse barbell curls but I feel like my form is shit and I don't feel it in my forearms.

To add to this, wrist curls are a huge no. Doing that motion repeatedly with NO weight feels uncomfortable after a few seconds, let alone WITH a dumbell

I've started doing weighted chins about 3 weeks ago so I can't say if they've made a difference, but forearm curls definitely did make a difference for me. I'd recommend those, as well as farmer walks and static holds. Make sure to train the top portion (flexors?) of your forearm just as much if not more than the bottom part (brachioradialis or something). I under trained the flexors and developed golfer's elbow or something because the brachioradialis was much stronger

I had no problems other than getting massive forearm gains with wrist curls, 4 sets of 6-10 is all you need. it piss, man

Wrist curls are no joke for forearm gains. I was a tiny dyel in high school but for some autistic reason i did a lot of standing wrist curls with only like 10 lb dumbbells and got forearms almost as juicy as in OP's pic.
Looked funny as shit with my puny biceps tho.

lad you've just convinced me to start wrist curling 3 times a week high as fuark volume

buy a set of these

13" to 15", wow amazing.

t. lying faggot who likes dick up his butt

one arm triceps extension

i cant do triceps kickbacks because it makes my shoulder feel like its going to explode

1 exercise is not enough volume. I do standing dumbbell curls, preacher dumbbell curls, cable curls and ez bar curls in biceps for 4x15 and superset with similar triceps exercise with no rest (i take around 40 secs for a set so thats the rest time)
Lifting for around a year 17" arms

not the guy you quoted but you do 16 bicep exercises a workout? wtf. what does your routine look like?

Fell for the "compounds will do it all for you abs/Arms" meme

spoiler alert: it doesnt and now i'm

This is easily achieved by hitting volume on seated tricep dips and preacher curls. Really miring the tris

people claim this all the time but I never understood why. what's the reasoning?

Quads of truth

It's one giant set per 2 exercises, for example I take over the cable machine and do 15 reps of curls and superset them with 15 reps of tricep extensions then back at biceps, etc. I only rest when I finish the total of 8 sets and move on to another pair. It saves a lot of time and you get a lot of volume, and as you use the triceps you sort of stretch the biceps and get it to recover more quickly
I also change ammount of reps and weight between sets to get different activation

Current program
Back squat 5x5
Bench 5x5
Pendlay 5x5
Seated dumbbell overhead tri extension 5x5
Rest

Front squat 5x5
Ohp 5x5
Deadlift 3x6
Chin ups 3x8
Barbell Curls 5x5
Rest
Back squat 5x5
Bench 5x5
Pendlay 5x5
Tricep dips 3x8

Been doing this shit for 2 months and arms have grown more than 1 year of bro split/ ppl. Extremely simple 5x5 to increase strength while also slamming in some ISO. Doing countless different types of curls and tri extensions isn't really going to grow your arms as much as just the basics will.

Your problem is that usually arms fail to grow past noob gains on 5x5 if you are isolating them
Isolations work best in the 12-15 rep range

Numbers out of your ass

Curling every day or every gym session isnt a problem, just do it after you finish everything else so you dont subtract strength from your other lifts.