Here we go again

Here we go again

Waking up at 7, commuting for an hour, back home at 8 pm (at least that includes my workout), 2 hours spare of time that I'm mostly trying to use to learn programming (not doing well, btw) and back to sleep.

I fucking hate being wagecuck, I don't have any friends or family,

Can I make it? or there is no hope for me?

This legitimately made me lol out laughing

Sounds like priorities are in order, using spare time to learn a valuable skill
Try making friends through programming and work on shit/learn together

pretty much what 2nd post said

Am currently doing a compsci degree at uni. My advice is learn Python and learn it well. Python has a lot of utility and serves as a good foundation. There are also a lot of open source projects that can help you learn some more advanced tools.

If you're feelin real fancy buy a Raspberry Pi and fuck around with that. If you mention it in an interview it'll show that programming isn't just a job to you and that you're continuously learning.

as for friends, I know in my area, there are clubs and organizations that do shit like "build a game in 48 hours" or "code in the dark". Hell there are even programming competitions.

Seems pretty normal desu but a 2 hr daily commute is too much bro... i have pretty much the same schedule but only a 20 minute daily commute, but i have to live in the city for that

Pick up a book and learn C/C++/Rust/Java

Browse forums, join open source projects.
Don't join any "do x in y hours" events, it just supports shitty coding habits.
Learning how to program is learning how to write business level code - structured, logical, easy to read and safe. Everyone can whack some code together that does something.

So, you now have 2 hobbies (lifting, coding) that you can do during the week and a free weekend.
What more do you want?

>Pick up a book and learn C/C++/Rust/Java
Lol, OP, don't listen to this guy. I have an MSc in computer science since many years and these are not the languages you are looking for.

You will want to pick up JavaScript and/or Python in whichever order your like. Don't be an idiot and start off with C or C++. Don't even learn Rust unless you specifically need it for something. Java is getting less and less interesting to employers every year.

Who the fuck cares about your shitty degree?
It's literally uninteresting.

Java is getting more and more interesting you retard. Do you think just spouting made up crap is a good way to argue?
Holy shit you are retarded.

Do you want him to become some frontend developer retard that does JavaScript or what?
Litterally everyone full stack developer knows JS and does it on the side when needed.
If you had any clue whatsoever you would have suggested him one of the known libraries of JS btw - not plain JS.

I'm not the guy you responded to but you advice a beginner to start with C or C++? Are you retarted?

Just like the guy with an actualy degree said python or javascript is good for beginners.

What the fuck is so hard about C++ or C that you can't pick it up as beginner?
Get a proper book and work through it.
Thousands of senior developers have started with it and became insanely knowledgable developers.

If you manage to acquire solid knowledge in either of these language you have a foundation with which you can learn basically every other style easily.
Someone that can use a mighty language such as C++ to its fullest can handle a shitty script language.

Lol, the fact that you got so fucking triggered by my degree speaks volumes about what you actually know about the trade.

If you knew one bit about JavaScript, you'd know why I suggest learning that first, but since you don't know one bit about JavaScript, I'll explain. JS is not simply for "frontend".

- JS lets you do OOP, functional, asynchronous programming, basically any and all paradigms that exist in any other language exists in JS. You aren't "locked out" of any widely used programming paradigm.
- He already has everything installed to learn and write it. (The web browser)
- You can write backend code in JS. (Node.js)
- You can make cross-platform mobile apps in JS. (React Native)
- You can write "standard" applications in JS. (With Electron, among others, look at apps like Slack and Discord...)
- You can write games in JS. (Look at any .IO-game)

So basically you know fuck-all about programming if you say that JS is a "frontend" language. Go play with your C pointers.

JavaScript is babby tier. Real men start with C. Anything higher level and you might as well code with karlie.

Spoken like a true non-programmer, lol. Look at any respectable computer science education and see what languages they start with. Hint: It's not fucking C, like ever.

I have the same degree you illiterate retard. Guess what? Almost everyone has one, it's not an achievement at all you gigantic faggot.

All the points you listed about JS apply 1:1 to C++ you goddamn retard (apart from hurr durr MUH mobile apps).
It's literally numerous programming paradigmas and everyone that is decent at it understands that and uses it.

How is not needing to download an IDE even an argument? Holy shit, he's is trying to develop software, are you going to tell me it's too much of a hurdle for him to download software?

You are such a fuckin idiot, that is what triggers me. Not your meaningless degree.

Learning JS is about learning the core about programming not be the best pokemon hunter. You also have to consider that its not about being the best "starter" but about how good you actually get. Starting with easier stuff makes sure you stay tuned and your progress will be better just like at lifting.

Hi, I'm studying computer science at the most respectable university for computer science in Germany. We start with C.

Pleb.

OP is not at a university and btw I'm also studying at TU München.

Ah, the ol' "C++ can do that" argument, didn't see that one coming from a thousand miles away! You C++ zealots are all the same, you stick to the language you know and never really stray away from that, because hey, you can do it in C++, so what's the point?

The point is that it's so much fucking easier to just do it in pretty much ANY other language, which you never bothered learning.

>Hi, I'm studying at a university that I won't even name because no one has ever heard of it, but just know it's super respectable
Mhm, cool story bro, MIT starts with Python.

This will be my last post, enjoy your pointers guys lol

TU Berlin here. fite me

We started with ADA and while it's not really used anywhere it's a language that teaches you some good habits simply by it's design. I would recommend at least taking a look at it to people starting out.

There's a lot of programming languages out there. Once you have a bit of knowledge you can take a look around and see what you like and then argue about why it's the best language ever invented for literally anything on a Kiribati knitting forum.

Chalmers?

I never said that C was a good choice. Your claim was simply false. I study at the TU Berlin. I expected no one to care about anything non-American, so I didn't bother.

Look at the fucking TIOBE index and tell me what's on top?

If you know high level, mighty programming languages such as C++ or Java writing JS is a fucking joke.

No senior developer I ever talked to or wrote with has started with JS or recommends anyone starting with it.

No, I'm a europoor

>C++
>pointers

You are as clueless as it gets. Go back to your shittty excel sheet scrambling job and come back when you have some professional experience under the hood fucking kid.

wait chalmers is in sweden, I'm retarded.
Anyway still the wrong country

OP here

Was not expecting such a big response desu.

I'm currently learning C# and it seems like a nice language.

I believe that I've got strong basic of programming (Java, html, css), its not like I'm starting from scratch or anything, but I would like to finally settle on one language and do something with it.

I don't consider it a hobby yet, I force myself to study, which is not going well as opposite to the gym where I enjoy going. Don't get me wrong, I'm completely fascinated by the things you can do with just your laptop, but the facts that there is so much to learn is just scary, and I think being afraid of that prevents me from opening Yellow Book .pdf and study.

>MIT starts with

Yes, and numerous other top tier universities start with C/C++/Java.
Now what?

Garching, hm?

Such a hostile thread

Up at 6 home about 530 or 6 then i gym or chill with gf. i sleep about 12-2 depending on what i have to get done. sleep is for pussys man tf up

Nerds get even more irate when talking about their favourite programming language than they do fighting over who is best waifu

>to have hobby xy you must be a nerd!
You sound smart user

Hang in there man, keep on going and don't burn out!

>I think being afraid of that prevents me from opening Yellow Book .pdf and study
Learning to circumvent this should be your top priority. But you need to actually understand whether you love programming or not, because otherwise you'd just be changing one wagecuckoldry to another, and being an IT person is not in any way pleasant unless you're autistic enough to enjoy programming itself.
>I believe that I've got strong basic of programming (Java, html, css)
C++ is a strong basic of programming. If you want to go full autism, at least start with that. Few of the 'industrial' languages have the really fun shit built in, for it's usually considered to be too difficult and too unsafe to let code monkeys play with. Only functional programming is better, but I don't think you are autistic enough for that.

Funny guy

Looks like your life is in order. Push your bed time to 12pm and get an alarm clock.

>learning programming

Lol don't do that. Learn a real vocation like welding.

How am I going to do that?

doesn't matter what language you code in. actually understanding the fundamentals of coding is the most important.

OP here.

Just made myself tuna salad, and creamy chicken with spinach for upcoming week.

Havent binged on sweets this weekend so its gud, maybe gonna finally make it out of "skinny fat"