SUPPORT THREAD GENERAL

Hi bois

ITT we talk about our issues and successes, what we want to accomplish and our current accomplishments. We offer each other support, advice and and motivation, and even just an ear for issues

Whatever youre going through, we can go through together, if you want. If you dont, thats also okay. If youre issues affect you, then theyre real issues, no matter how small. Ive said in previous /feels/ threads just how important the small stuff is.

Likewise, it can be difficult to get the acknowledgement for Veeky Forums accomplishments from non Veeky Forums people in your dat to day

Remember, we can use this board to support each other, and make it a community that can give you more than just the sticky.

We're all gonna make it.

>Remember, we can use this board to support each other, and make it a community
I wish this was the natural outcome. But it is not.

We can try man.

So i have this situation: i freankig suck at bench.

I've been going to the gym for three months now. My bench is 26 KG currently.
I have a bery hard time trying to progress, even tho i eat and sleep as a mofo and pay close attention to form. i seriously don't know what i've been doing wrong.

Try as you may, that kind of behaviour is entirely unrealistic in an anonymous setting. What do people gain from helping a stranger? How much confidence do people have in these strangers to identify their own problems and have the ability to overcome them? How many times have you tried to be of service to someone anonymously only to find yourself guessing at what their problems might be?

There's no reward for helping people on Veeky Forums, unless you can identify and sympathize with the other person. This is largely impossible due to the anonymous aspecy of internet culture.

Whats your situation? Are you a boy or grill? Is that including the bar? How many reps? That does seem low.

I'm a dude. A 23y'ro lanklet
No, not including the bar.
6 reps.

It's been very hard, my man.

Is it actually possible to find a girl who will share some form of interest in my hobbies (literature, lifting, cinema, music, anime, boardgames) or is it legitimately impossible? Every girl I have ever dated has basically told me that they barely tolerate my interests because they make me happy and one of my female friends basically told me that no "normal" girls are into what I am

Jesus man. Not rverything needs a reward. Sometimes you can do things because it takes you almost know effort and you believe someone will benefit from it. And because someday you might need someone to bitch to. Just pay it forward. People sometimes need to just talk about whats bothering them. Hence all the /feels/ threads etc.

I've been on a caloric deficit for 7 weeks now, dropped 5kg, down to 85kg. Bench has dropped from 2 plates down to 90 kg (for reps), making gains on squat and deads though...
Anyways I'm not gonna lie I'm struggling, what keeps you guys sane on a deficit?

Sorry man. How are your other lifts?

Its fukken tough. Distractions to be honest. Keep yourself busy

I'm not an oldfag (only started going on Veeky Forums circa 2012) but I will say that the point of the board to me was to get underdogs together and create a sort of community together. Let's be real here- normal, well adjusted human beings don't go on this website. To me the value of Veeky Forums is that everyone on this board is in the same boat to a certain extent and it's all in our mutual interests to help each other. That's why zyzz was such a big deal to me. He was like us; a shut in WoW playing virgin. But he made it, and he made everyone else on this board think that they could make it too. To be completely honest with you this board and website are the only thing that will ever truly stick with me throughout my life as I move around and inevitably shed friends and people. As the years go by my life changes and slowly but surely everyone else bar one or two people slip out of my life but this website will always be here and I'm thankful for it.

I will get a lot of shit for this but I always say lanklets should ditch bench press.

Do DB floor press on the floor instead, keep your scapula retracted the whole time and watch your chest blow up. We lanklets are at SIGNIFICANT mechanical disadvantage in BP and you are better off doing FP (maybe even with matress under your back to replicate large ribcage of manlets) and chest flies (for the "stretch" part pf the movement).

For lanklets

Floor press + flies >>>>> bench press

idk, I'm not a particularly nice person irl but I enjoy helping people here. It's payback for the good advice I've received and it just feels good to make someone's day a little better.

Nice breh. Always appreciate people who offer advice and support on here

But ask yourself. Are you really helping these people? Are you even equipped with the knowledge to help these people?
I don't believe anyone does anything without some semblance of benefit for themselves. You may deny that of course because it may seem like you lack moral virtue I'd you don't, but even that is a self centered action which benefit yourself.

>no "normal" girls are into what I am
Dude, that's basically it though. Normal girls are roasties who only care about drinking, clubbing, clothes and make up, just as normal dudes are pretty much the same but instead of clothes and make up, it's watching sports. You're friends are most likely not normal, so how can you expect to get a normal gf?

Deads - 50 kg
Squat - 40
Bench - 26

This are the ones that matter.

I can't see myself ditching the BP, but i will research more about your tips. Ty.

Yes. Ive been helped by threads like these, and if other people can get similar help, then im happy to do it.

As for what i get out of it, my brain releases a bunch of chemicals when i help other people. It makes me feel like ive done something worthwhilr with my time instead of just shitpost on other boards like i usually do.

It's not that I want a "normal" gf it was more that the person I was talking to asserted that the only girls who share my interests have irl autism and that I would be better off just dating an average girl whose favorite tv show is the office and hasn't read a book since her high school english class

Maybe try meeting people through your hobbies? I.e. go to book clubs, board game nights etc. You'll probably have to wade through some shit, but if you really need to meet people with similar interestest and dont want to try getting in to other things, maybe thatll work?

>I can't see myself ditching the BP, but i will research more about your tips. Ty

I understand you but you will see what I mean. The classical advice to do "the big lifts" are memes. Yes its okay and easy and you will get results, but its not the best or most optimal way. Think outside the box. Make your routine the best for you. Dont look at the weight you are lifting because its easily manipulated by torques. You can bench 1pl8 and have an impressive chest. Look at your biomechanics and apply it to the gym.

We'll see. You make a good point though, I haven't made a genuine attempt to find someone specifically into my interests

>well adjusted human beings don't go on this website
Okay I'm going to be as blunt and to the point as possible. No one who regularly visits here wants to change their habits. All the threads are aimed to perpetrate the anti social behaviour that you people want to in a sense fix. I say fix because most people think their mentality and thus their behaviour is broken in some way.
They come here to either blame something for their behaviour, invoke sympathy from other people, or outright justify their behaviour using anything and everything to back themselves up. This creates a kind of community where people actively support the disastrous and ruinous behaviour, and reinforce these behaviours.

Every board does this(from /a to /bant) Some in more severe degrees(/pol).

I don't know about that. When I first went on Veeky Forums I was an out of shape shut in who was one or two more mistakes from ending it all and while I wouldn't say I've made it I've come to realize that almost all of my problems are my own fault and made some progress in fixing the underlying issues in my life

You see, the thing with people "realizing a fault within themselves" is that you can engage and confront these faults through literally anything else. Every day, no matter where you are, you will discover a personal disadvantage and work towards making up for it regardless of being on the Web.
I'd go as far as to say that you would be better off not discovering your setbacks while online, because you achieve a false sense of progress while doing absolutely nothing.
See:
>We'll see.
He knows the other user is right. He acknowledges it. Yet he is unsure if he'll do anything with the advice he's recieved. Most likely he'll forget all about that post in a week and in two weeks he'll be back here asking the same question.

Bump

I'm currently doing a cut w/ 16:8 intermittent fasting after a big bulk. When I was on my bulk I did a 5x5 SL routine, but now I'm at lost of what routine I should do while on this cut + diet. Any advice on a new routine would be helpful

So youre saying accurate advice can be offered, and its up to us how to take the advice? So we can gain something from these threads, if we want? Why bitch about that?

Shit me too man. If is rough. I had to experiment and work out when i had the most energy for excercise

Hi. Im lifting every day at home. I have 2 dumbells, the max weight is 20 kg.

I do 5 exercices total, and separate them in 2 workouts, I do one day one, and the next day the other one, and so on.

day 1:
3x 5 deadlift (16kg)
3x 5 squat (12kg)
3x 5 flyers (12kg)

day 2:
3x 5 shoulder press (12kg)
3x 5 bench press (12kg) (no bench, in the floor)
3x 5 bycep (16kg)

I am stronger than when I started, I know because I lift more weight more easily, but body process seems very slow.

Would appreciate some advice or tips on how to proceed.

What kind of results are you interested in?

Becoming stronger and visible muscle.

No. Not what I'm saying at all. I am saying that you won't gain any "accurate" advice from anyone, because the person seeking advice won't act upon it.
In the case of the user I used as an example you'll notice that they already know how to overcome their shortcomings and problems. They chose not to do anything about it, and instead came here to say "well I agree with you but I probably won't do anything about it".

You can see this response in nearly every thread on /adv, and certainly in all threads tfwnogf. You see this mentality perpetrated in manlet threads, Chad threads, and other variations of "why bother when X.." threads.

Basically it's all circlejerks and hug boxes.
Good advice for anons would be to discern what is wrong with them, make a list of, and work at the most daunting on the list.

As an example:
user can't nail a job, he feels timid and unsocial when faced against an employer, and his efforts are seemingly undermined and futile because he can't hold his ground or prove to his employer that he is component and would make a great addition to the staff.
His problems are rooted in his social anxiety, which came from a lack of social interaction with new people. If he can somehow engage with people, and not just people he already is acquainted with, but with new people in various social settings, then his irrational fears and antisocial behaviour will gradually disintegrate, because his fundamental beliefs are being actively challenged, and thus his perception too.
Now the problem with these threads and thw whole board becomes clear. They are essentially distractions for the people who frequent them. They do not provide any opportunities for people to actually get some control over themselves. They do not help people become more social, or to help their state of mind. They may become more aware of an aspect they haven't thought of before, but that does little to nothing for the person since it's only theory to them.

Finally, the reason I'm "bitching"(arguing) about it all is because nothing comes from it. Rarely if ever does someone actually apply the advice they get. So you must ask the question: are we really helping people, and at what point are we being counter productive to the goal of bettering someone else?

honestly just do lots of variation excercises on chest and triceps

once you find something you like, just include it in your program and continue as normal

don't listen to faggots who tell you that compounds is all you need

incline dumbbell press works great for me, so does floor dumbbell press and chest cable rows

Been considering signing up for a gym cus working out your whole body with your own body weight is really hard.

Anyway there's a more pressing matter, how do i become... interesting?
I really got thinking when i went to a bar with my friend a few days back and he called some other friends and i realized that aside from work/video games(normies don't talk about video games tho) i really have nothing to say.

I know you're gonna say find some hobbies but the truth is that rarely anything interests me.
I drop everything pretty fast.

Any suggestions?

16kg deadlift?
a baby can manage more, i suggest dropping deadlift and finding alternatives to it.

and 12kg squats?
man what the fuck

Well what about other people's interests? Have you tried to talk to them about their interests, why they find it interesting, why they do it, what's the best part of it, etc? You gotta give as much as you take.
Do you show interest in other people? That might help you be seen as more interesting, and better to engage and get along with.
Give that some practice. Ask about their day, their job, what they like from it, does it pay well, do they break workplace rules?
Do they have good coworkers, do they enjoy a common interest with them? Maybe the person said something about them playing hockey together, maybe discuss sports from there, why you dislike competitive sports or something.
Make your discussions dynamic and somewhat insightful. Can be indirectly insightful.

Do you feel that the talking is one sided?

Top I have right now is 20kg.

I'm confortable with 16 kg deadlift I can manage it. I was lifting even less before. I only move up in weight very slowly.

I know that if I lifted more I could get more visible muscles but when I was going to the gym and lifted there I had more visible muscles but I wasn't stronger than I am now.

My main concern is becoming stronger, visible muscles comes second. So in this way I feel that moving slowly up in weight and being really confortable with a certain weight is not bad. But I don't know, I'm a beginner.

well to be fair i'm not really that interested in other people, i now show interest while talking to other people even though it is usually fake but you have to act normal in public i guess.

You see the main problem is me asking something, i feel like i'm bothering them with trivial or personal stuff.

Also when i do find someone interesting i usually run out of things to say in like 10 minutes, i don't wanna bother other people with yet again trivial stuff.

I guess it's because i don't find things interesting i think that they might not be interesting in things i have to say as well, i don't know, it seems trivial just talking about random stuff.

Veeky Forums clearly is not for (you)

Back where you belong

Keep doing that. You'll eventually find it easier to sway the conversation into more interesting topics. The goal is to find things similar between you and the person or people you're with and to discuss that. Don't forget to let the conversation flow naturally and not clamp down on what to say next.

Pro tip: never talk to "the group". It doesn't exist. Instead talk directly to the people who make up the group. Like how your teacher or professor looks at people periodically while explaining things.

You prove my point. No one improves. They just circlejerk. You could do anything with the shit I've written, but you chose to disregard it completely with an outdated Penn joke

But finding something in common isn't always how the conversation goes.
most of the time it's just people telling other people about themselves.
And i don't have anything to tell about myself, well okay even if i do, i feel like it would be pointless and might even bother someone because i personally don't like hearing the bullshit someone did that one time, it's just not interesting.

I have a tendency for inner self-criticism from being made fun of or left out for being overweight for my entire life. I have a hard time staying consistent in working out because I don't feel like I am capable of really being a different person than the stereotypical autist.

I'm 26 years old and fucked up my college education with drugs and I essentially have no real friends.

I want to go to the gym so I can have more confidence in approaching others, but I just feel completely hopeless about becoming anything someone else could love.

I've been trying to get in shape for so long and been unable to that I think I should just be lobotomized so I can stop hating myself.

That's fine too. Nothing wrong with how the conversation flows.
Also if you don't find that person terribly interesting, even after a few coffee-house conversations with them, then move on to another person until you find someone interesting.
Though don't complain when you have nothing to discuss with them because you haven't practiced the art of conversation due to not finding immediate interest in strangers.
Things must develop.

I'll condense advice into a simple analogy.
Fight the Dragon and
Get the Virgin.

What does that mean? Do the thing you think you can't do. Do the thing you are afraid of doing. You're afraid of changing yourself. Drop the reasoning and do that thing.

You aren't that young kids who got bullied anymore. You've hit adulthood. Change is inevitable. Might as well proceed and accelerate that change by actively challenging your self perception each and every day until death.

Respect is earned, and not a right.

Bump.

I hurt my back in november, its hard to carry on anymore and see the bright side of life. Nothing makes me happy. I am always angry and take my anger out on my mother. Its gotten to the point where she hates being around me. I dont know what to do anymore. My life feels over. Everytime I post about advice I get sarcastic posts about deadlift meme. I just want to be happy again but maybe I deserve this.