I'm 38 years old, and have over $25 million in networth...

I'm 38 years old, and have over $25 million in networth. Dropped out of UCLA when I was 21 to focus on entrepreneurship full-time. Haven't looked back since

Ask me anything about business, finance, or investing.

Why are you wasting your time LARPing?

When did you start to larp for the first time?

Hey did you do an AMA a few days ago or was that someone else?

And yeah don't mind the faggots calling you larping. They jelly.

gibs

when should i short facebook stock?

yep, they're jealous. They'll end up old, poor, and full of bitter and hate. Fuck em.

Post proof or fuck off.

do you think if you stayed in school you'd be making a lot of money?

fuck off and work hard.

What coin is under the 0.5 but is easly 20 dollar worth and will moon beginning 2018?

No one cares if I was rich I wouldn't be being a fag on Veeky Forums.

Give advice to a depressed wagie who earns $850 a month, lives with mommy and daddy, and hates his existence OP ;;

How do I money?

evx

I don't really know about Facebook. I do think they're going to crush Snapchat with Instagram. Zuckerberg, as much of the cuck that he is, doesn't fuck around when it comes to business.

If anything, I'd look into shorting either SNAP or TSLA. TSLA's share price is currently being buoyed by investors that become starry eyed when they hear Elon say "We're going to colonize Mars" or "We're going to go fully electric in a year" without looking at the fundamentals. Elon's a marketer first and foremost.

As for SNAP, I just think it's a fucking stupid company that will be crushed by Instagram. Just because a lot of people use it doesn't make it as valauble as the market is implying right now. Just look at TWTR.

850 a month? That sounds horrible

Lambo with bread or you are considered larp

Don't look at price, look at market cap.

That being said, I'd say LINK (unironically) if they manage to pull of what's in their whitepaper. Kind of a moonshot, but has the potential to make people very rich in the next 3-5 years.

what's your address?

>Repeats the lambo meme, not realizing that a lambo is a depreciating asset and won't increase my net worth.

This is why you're poor. Stop thinking "I'm going to buy liabilities" and start thinking "I'm going to buy assets"

Why the fuck would I give a stranger my street address online?

If you're referring to BTC address, I'm not going to give that either. I don't want people tracking my transactions.

With my massive $8 in BTC should I buy LINK and just let it sit there?

New to this whole thing, because some nice goy randomly gave me $7 BTC last week, which is now $8 BTC.

I just want to stop being a poorfag.

Do you ever trade on TA alone ?
If yes, what indicators have been most useful to you.

What country do you live in? That'd help me out a bit. If you're in the US, what state?

Also, do you have any programming/IT knowledge?

>claims to have USD 25 mil in assets
>nothing to show for it

Best job to work at while raising capital for entrepreneurship?

Brah you are too serious. Im nowhere near 25m , but relatively well off : 5 % in my country

Yeah, no. Sorry, but that's pathetic.

Sort yourself out. Gain valuable skills. Apply to jobs. Kiss ass if you have to.

US southern Indiana. I've been saving to get a used car, drive a scooter now which is getting uncomfortable with the cold. I don't have any IT knowledge right now, I have ~2 years of college from when I was younger in general ed.

Ok. I don't feel the need to lavishly show off my wealth. I grew up lower middle-class, and I'm going to continue to stay humble.

le rich dad nigger dad

Nice nationalism idiot. Racist xenophic fucks like you deserve the death penalty.

How does it feel larping this hard

das real valuable advice, gosh, I wish I had come from a well off family which enabled me to save money like you.

Next time I'll just be born upper middle class like you.

*xenophobic

FUCK. I'm so pissed I can't even spell. Pol needs to leave us the fuck alone.

bro loan me 1 BTC i give you 7k back when BTC is 500k

I admit, this made me laugh

Nope

greedy jew u dont even have 1mil+

also i dont believe you're larping. if you said you were in your early 20s id be calling bullshit though

what did you do to earn your fortunes?

I wasn't born upper middle class. both of my parents were teachers that made $25,000 a year.

Keep coming up with excuses as to why you're poor.

Why do you niggers even take LARPers seriously, you faggots bring down the quality of this board

Any job that forces you to learn new skills that'll be useful in the future. Even if that means taking on less pay.

It was a reference to some guy who also bevame rich and plays with whales now. He gave us a hint about a so called hidden gem haha

ive never been on this board.

How the hell do you manage to do this? Not trying to play a violin but im 1st generation and Ive been working in service industry for like 10 years now. $40-55k a year with benefits. I bust my ass 80 hours a week for overtime sometimes man. Why can't i figure out how to make that kind of money man...

user i have 100k wtf do i do with it

Is there any part time business I can get into while I'm still studying at school? Part time as in maybe 5 hours a day during the week, and more on the weekends.

hello rich man, could you give me 10000 dollars so I can star trading? right now I only have 10 dollars and am about to kill myself.

Do you mean like a car salesman kind of job, or warehouse work?

he bought bitcoins and sat around waiting and got lucky

the fucking end. everyone on this board has the same story. nobody has any actual business sense. And every single one of them posts threads "I'M RICH AND HAVE 50M FROM BITCOIN ASK ME ANYTHING"

"share wealth?"
"NO I EARNED MINE YOU SHOULD TOO LOL"

ya really earned it.

Can I pay you for some of your time?

19 years old, started my own small programming business (just me) and trading cryptos on the side, all while I finish my uni degree. When I finish uni I plan on increasing the size of my business and starting my own software consultancy.

What would you say is the biggest tip for expanding to a bigger market?

this

use that money to buy LTC, send it to bittrex and invent in a mooning low sat shitcoin

Worked on a web startup while at UCLA, I started bringing in ~$4k/month which was worth more back then. I realized my main limitation was that of time, not capital. I could expand, I just needed to focus more on the business.

Decided to drop out, telling myself that I'd go back to UCLA after a year if it didn't work. Turns out I was right, I just needed more time for the startup.

I was scared as hell, especially since I was working on the startup around the same time the dot-com bubble burst and multiple startups that raised hundreds of millions of dollars went bankrupt. Ended up deciding to bootstrap and focus on profitability as my main focus. Maybe that limited me, I don't know. But I've been consistently profitable year after year since my first year.

Can we talk in person, like how do you market yourself as a programmer in entrepreneur scene? I'm a programmer as well and just quitted my job (crypto on stake) to focus on writing, but I do want to sell myself as a freelance developer as well.

Assuming you aren't memeing,

If you're entrepreneurial, work on a business and use the capital to survive for 2 or 3 years (it can be done, you just need to reduce your burn rate significantly when starting out)

If you don't care about business, learn about trading stock options. If you get good at it, start investing for other people.

Best of luck.

Depends. What would you like to use that time for? Just general advice? Specific tips for a business or startup?

I also traded stock options and made a significant amount of money that way as well. I'd say ~1/4 of my wealth comes from stock options.

Since you mentioned the dot-com boom, how similar do you feel that the crypto-boom is?

Or do you think we are still in the priming stage and the boom hasn't quite happened yet?

Do you hold crypto?

Thanks for sharing user, it is a pleasure to see a legit thread about finance/business.

I didn't earn a majority of my wealth in Bitcoin, in fact less than 1% of my net worth is in cryptocurrency.

Try again.

Okay, I'll bite: have you got your eyes on any good coins lately, and would you be willing to share that information with us?

Post proof you chucklecuck.

Yep, read below. Less than 1% of my net worth is in crypto, which is still a considerable amount considering the average age of people on this board.

I think we're still in the priming stage and crypto in general will experience a much larger boom in the future. The use-cases of Ethereum and other tokens have potential to revolutionize our economy. I see technology as facilitating a completely decentralized, trustless, frictionless economy. The internet was the beginning of that, crypto (more importantly blockchain) is its successor.

An ancap's wet dream.

You have to be so good that people can't ignore you.

Will that make you a target for some people? Sure. Fuck those people. Overpromise and overdeliver some more. Make a name for yourself, even if it means getting in people's faces a little bit.

She's cute. I'd fuck her.

Yep, that was me. I was also the guy who posted I'd fuck and have a threesome with Lacey Wildd and Chelsea Charm. It was 10 out of fucking 10, my friend.

Maybe. What I do know is that many people I knew at my school is stuck at a 9-5 job they hate, thinking that the big banks and wallstreet are somehow colluding against them to keep them poor.

Eitherway, I don't like to dwell on the past that much.

Can you answer my question, please?

sorry, have a lot of posts so it's hard to keep track of which one's i've answered and haven't answered.

As I stated earlier, I believe LINK will be highly valuable in the future assuming they fulfill their vision for their whitepaper. That's a big IF, however. It's a moonshot, but one with potentially massive returns.

If you're looking for upcoming stuff, Lisk has a rebranding coming up soon. That's not priced in, because it's still unclear when the rebranding will occur. Expect the price to pump should it rebrand.

I still hold the belief that Ethereum is inherently more valuable than Bitcoin and eventually the market will reflect that.

If you're looking into NEO, get GAS instead. Thank me later.

how do you make enough money to nullify the pain of taxes and knowing there are clans of subhumans that would kill you living off of it?

Thanks!

Been trying to save up 10k, almost there. Live in U.S. wanting to invest in stocks. I dont know much about trading, I dont buy with credit only cash. Suggestions on what to research to be successful and in the correct legal procedures. Id rather invest myself than let my bank make money off me.

Well im poor lol so I have a RH account and I used a spare $40 I had to try and get into investing. I know its not a lot but everywhere I read tells me I shouldn't do that and that that's not enough. I just want to take the steps to financial freedom, and I just need some guidance.

Yeah, that's not enough money. Work more, save more, learn more.

Don't invest until you have at least a minimum of $2,500 you're willing to lose

Why gas instead of NEO?

Gas is what powers NEO.

I have programming knowledge (and small capital). Do you have any advice for me?

What I see is that you already get gas for owning NEO. NEO is more valuable atm. They are linked to eachother, so when one goes up, other goes to.

I'm pretty sure I'm missing something/reasoning is bad cause I'm pretty new to this stuff so can you explain to me why I should buy GAS instead of NEO ?

OP maybe you can help me out. I'm in the middle of the interview process for a sweet IoT company (just past being basically a startup) in Silicon Valley. I'm an East Coaster and graduated in May with an EE degree, and gotta start paying back those student loans soon. Not a crazy amount though, like 25k.

However I'm up against other candidates who probably did proper CS degrees and might beat me. I'm expressing my undying interest to the interviewer though and he said he liked my code in the technical screening test, even though I didn't score super high. I was never strictly a programmer in school, but quickly realizing that's really what I want to do.

The thing is, I just got an offer this morning from a company nearby for a 12 month contract-to-hire position doing electronic component testing. It's through Aerotek, and fuck them, but it is a solid job, and $60k/year (non-negotiable though since it's through memetek). I gotta start paying back these loans this month.

You think it's worth it to stick with this pipe dream of the Silicon Valley job? I do think I have a shot, but I have to be prepared to lose it, and if I wait until next week, I might lose the offer from this current position. But honestly it's not amazing anyway, and I have a couple other leads I can go on if the SV company doesn't work out.

Just wanna follow
>muh dreams man