Will I get made fun of if I go to a local gym?

Will I get made fun of if I go to a local gym?
I'm really fat and weak.

nobody will make fun of you unless you do something stupid like throw a dumbbell at the receptionist or even worse, weighted dips

Not to your face.

Some insecure DYEL might post a story about you here in order to feel better about himself, but that's about it.

If you go to the gym you're already trying to lose weight and change your life so if anything people should be ok with you.

But all that aside, you should just workout and not give a fuck what others think, because spoiler alert, you're just a random person in everyone elses lives.
If you do anything stupid, people will just notice it for a second and then immediately forget about you. Unless it's one of those guys who memorizes anything uncommon that happens to them to tell it as a story to their friends

Unless you act like a cunt, you won't be made fun of. I was 251lbs at my worst when I joined a gym, now I'm down to 154 and people respect me because I always respected the gym and its patrons.

You shouldn't get made fun of unless you do some stupid shit with the equipment, usually most people are not judgmental of heavier people there because they are actively trying to better themselves

People will silently judge you, and peek at you with curiosity/disgust, but will generally be polite as long as you don't make a fool of yourself.

Try to interact the least possible, especially with the females or you'll get labeled as "creepy".

Honestly when I see a really big person working hard in the gym, it's very inspiring. There's always that random douchebag but hey thats with everything in life.

The first week at the gym is really intimidating. It took me a few trips to get the balls to do free weights, having never lifted in my life.

Once you realize that nobody cares about you, you can go in there and do whatever you want.

Next time you go, report back with the weight amounts of three people, the number of reps in their sets, and what program they're following.

Protip: You can't

nah bro people in the gym are super nice and helpful

Yeah nobody laughs when I do 135 lbs weighted dips buddy

>people in the gym are super nice and helpful

There are really pretty shitty people who go to the gym. Most of them are DYELs who want to feel better about themselves (pic related). No sense sugar-coating anything for OP, because he'd probably eat that, too.

They only look at the big guys. Skinny, fat, in between are never looked at. If they are it's probably they're doing something dumb (lifting something they can't, super mega shitty form, loud grunting, etc)

I'm fat and miserable as well, maybe even more so than some of the members of Veeky Forums

What I've learned is the only person who really matters is you, when you look in the mirror that is the only person who should matter and you should only care about your own progress and journey through life. Things can change, just need to start visualizing your journey and planning out your life. Gym isn't even the first step, learn to accept who you are and move on. It isn't easy and nobody would tell you but its your life and you need to get it together

>sorry I might be projecting a little bit..

Milo is a literal faggot, who cares what he thinks

And yeah, there will always be assholes in life

lift and focus on yourself senpai

[spoiler]maybe i just go to a good gym or im oblivious to it but idgaf i want progress[/spoiler]

If you show up once and never go back, yes.

If you stick with it, no.

Probably. Most definitely someone will think it.
Should you care? Probably not. Take the criticism if it comes. Just don't forget to do your things. Learn etiquette.

Honestly the best route for fatties is to lose weight outside the gym first, since you can do exactly that. No point using money if you're unsure of your experience and liable to give in due to anxiety.

Let me repeat: you don't need the gym to lose weight, or even get into the mindset. You can do this at home, at work, and in between.

If you're worried got to Planet Fitness. If anybody insults you, you can have them kicked out. I never had a problem with fat people at the gym. I was happy they were trying to change themselves.

I sure as hell judge the shit out of fat people at the grocery riding mobility scooters and pushing a cart of chips, cookies, sodas with no veggies in sight.

>working in a orthopedic clinic.
>time
bro. we are all laughing our paychecks home.

>Will I get made fun of if I go to a local gym?
Yes. Don't even bother fatty.

Probably

Why would it matter?

This.

Yes

Unless you're a ok looking girl or a really impressive guy no one will even notice you

Go to a planet fitness. Personally hate planet fitness but most the people that go there are all there because they don't wanna be embarrassed. Or you could just not worry what people think and just be proud of what you accomplish.

> Unless it's one of those guys who memorizes anything uncommon that happens to them to tell it as a story to their friends.
I'm one of those guys, an extremely good memory for the most trivial shit.

At the end of the day even if people think you're a fat shit nobody is going to come up to your face and make a big deal about it, people will probably think it subconsciously but realistically who gives a shit, we're all there for the same reason, improvement.

Just make as MUCH NOISE as possible when you are lifting so you OWN that gym and all the bitches will come to you for comfort

>Free junk food
>Lunk alarm
>Cardio machines everywhere
>No squat rack or bench press

Planet Fitness is a complete waste - avoid at all costs.

Just fucking kill yourself already you fat fuck
You're a strain on society and you deserve cancer for your post

Keep going blue jack, you keep on telling him to commit Sudoku.

Don't worry about it too much user, at least you want to better yourself. It's better to go to the gym and be uncomfortable for a few months until you get the hang of it than to stay at home and be a loser.
you can do it OP :^)

working out and showing effort when youre fat is one of the most respectable things you can do, as long as youre not doing something autistic no one has any reason to look down on you or laugh at you.

Go at midnight so nobody can laugh at your 400 lb ass benching an unloaded bar

>be faggot
>be prissy and obnoxious

ofc

Milo needs to be marched to the chambers.

me too. i sort of like it to be honest

I am, too. I always act like I don't know people, because I know they don't remember me; however, I remember the fucking drink they had when I met them.

Who gives a fuck. When I was fat I forced myself to run on the side of the road to show these cookie cutter FREAKS that I didn't care if they pointed and laughed, and when I was weak I kept coming back to the weight room even after failing horribly on light weight lifts.

If you want to improve yourself you need to look in a mirror and tell yourself that unless you want to stay shitty for the rest of your life, you have no choice but to suck it up and keep going.

Fatties at Thema Gym reminde meine of how gar i have come and I always hope they make it to

That fags career collapsed when it came out he was a pedo

Yeah we always beat the fattie newbies with paddles

The only time I made fun of a person in the gym was when this dumb fuck broke the mirror with a dumbbell

People will only respect you if they see a fat guy doing something to change being overweight.

It's when you lose enough weight that you just look like an out of shape normal guy when people will judge you.

Its obviously going to be a mixed bag. I am still insecure with 'lifting light' weights in front of 'everyone'. I know some people are watching and judging.

However, I am settling with the fact I have to go. And besides you will simply continue to grow stronger and lifting heavier weights. You body will change and show this. Then every one will be impressed.

Besides no one really gives a fuck. Your at the gym.