Learn to cook

Learn to cook.

i don't have time to Veeky Forums

all they post about is fast food ffs

You're right, knowing how to cook is a huge boon for people who enjoy food. I know that some people are very one-tracked/dedicated/whathaveyou and could eat carefully meted out portions of cardboard flavoured cardboard for every meal of the day as long as it meets their macros, and that is very admirable in its own way.
For the rest, knowing how to cook a good meal gives them incentive to stay on point with their diet and sticking to their diets. Having KFC isn't all that appealing if you know you'll be coming home to pick out some chicken breasts that have been marinating overnight, grilling them to perfection together with some bacon-wrapped asparagus and a Hasselback potato.
If you're first having a cheat day, why wouldn't you have a bite of some homemade confectionery rather than some cloyingly sweet muck you can find anywhere?
It doesn't even have to be dreadfully complicated, just search for "how to make your own (food you like)" and before long you'll be flipping your shit all over the kitchen just like Gordon Ramsay.

>ck
You mean learn what kind of fast food you fat fucks are arguing about this week

thanks for the reminder!
>reheating my junkfood lasagna, this just wont do
>add some spinach and cream
>suddenly macros and micros are okay
>chugg some fishoil capsules,
>dessert is a spoon of peanut butter
ill probably make it tbhfam

>learn to cook
>links to a fastfood board

>linking Veeky Forums

chef here if anyone has any questions they cant find a decent answer to on google. You guys helped me drop 50lbs worth of butter filled quality checks, so i feel like i owe you all

Well then, give us some cooking tips.
Can I make legitimately good Italian food using mostly pre-made cooking sauces found in stores?
Also, what is the best alcohol to drink to have fun cooking? Currently running on beer but it takes 2-3 to relax.

if you want to be lazy you can use pre-made sauces and add to them to help limit the sugar/sodium per serving. If i use something like prego as a base ill start by making a mirepoix, throwing in a bit of garlic then deglaze with red wine into simmering it with some prego sauce. finishing it with fresh basil.

best alcohol to drink while you cook is something you plan on drinking with the meal or cook with with the meal. if you add alcohol to a hot pan make sure to take it off the heat source so you don't get a flare up

how do I use acids in cooking? I have no intuition for when an acid would improve the flavor.
Salting shit while in pan seems to draw out a lot of moisture.. Is that desirable? Should I always Salt last?
Favorite way to prepare a chicken breast?

use acids when you want to mellow out a fatty flavor to help bring out a lighter flavor; usually you want to use citrus while cooking and save vinegar for when you want a really acidic sauce.

salt before it goes into a pan, helps to bring out the flavors of what you're cookingas it will dissolve during cooking. adding salt after cooking will just make something salty.

I like chicken breast best with the skin still on and just salt / pepper. always pat your proteins as dry as you can to get a nice crispy sear. skin side down to crisp it up in some olive oil at med/high heat. once its golden and crispy turn it over and finish in oven at 350. about 15-20 mins depending on thickness

>go to Veeky Forums
>it's just McChicken memes and webms of their boy ja/ck/
Entertaining, sure, but not educational.

I go to Veeky Forums every once in a while. You know how they say half of fit doesn't even lift and just shitpost. I feel like over at Veeky Forums all of them are just shitposting not just half.

>Learn to cook.
> Veeky Forumscatalog

FOR ME ITS THE MCCHICKEN

lrn 2 cook

I've been a chef for almost 10 years ama

how is your cheffing, 1-10 ?

I already know how and I'm not gonna shitpost about fast food ontop of everything else I shitpost about

i need a husband who knows how to cook to prepare meals for me after the gym

why does my manager make it harder for me to my job? im trying to be efficient and shit so i dont wear myself out within 2 hours of working my shift but he always tells me to hustle and shit even though if he just let me do it my way i'd be faster and work better for the whole time im in

fuck you jake

IF you'd make a thread about Veeky Forums-food, they would be people in it with suggestions and recipes.
You just need to contribute in the first post, not just 'wat fud eez gut?'

I cooked tuna patties yesterday.
Macros in the pic

The actual patties.

>Flax Seed Meal
>15 calories
>9g Carbs, 14g Fat, 6g Protein

That should be 186 calories, not 15. Those patties are 170 more calories than that.

>IF you'd make a thread about Veeky Forums-food, they would be people in it with suggestions and recipes.
They suck at cooking though.

My bad. This is what you get when you just use the myfitnesspal app and don't check your facts. Thanks for pointing this out.
Still, good enough macro per pattie.

Not all of us. Just the 'Fastfood Warriors' and 'How many pickles can you fit in your bumhole-fellows'.

Veeky Forums is a terrible place to learn cooking. It's often only about weaving cheap bacon, wrapping a sausages with it and covering it with some orange cheese and deep frying the whole shit in palm oil.

I can do that, but would require to see some tits beforehand.