/plg/ - powerlifting general

Henlo

Other urls found in this thread:

strengthshop.de/sleeves-wraps-straps-bandagen-schoner-zughilfen/wrist-wraps-handgelenkbandagen/diablo-wrist-wraps-90cm.html
imgur.com/a/0XTiy
desuarchive.org/fit/thread/41516442/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for anime

We are actually in here

I miss playing warhammer and eating junk with my fat friends

*clap clap*

KEYS

*clap clap, sean o'neil*

whos this pajeet

Off to a great start as usual

me on the right, Esmeralda on the left

Doing powerlifting is already a bad start!

tfw gde

Same

You're a rapist?

not being able to squat 5 plates =/= gde

I disagree

I M I S S P R I N C E S S T R A P P Y

*clap clap*

KEYS

*clap clap, sean o'neil*

>I disagree
Can you squat 5 plate? I can. It's rare.

Rare among gdes sure

I'd say the same for a 3plate bench and 6 plate deadlift

So would i

actual thread with actual lifting discussion (non Dino thread) here

*clap clap*

KEYS

*clap clap, sean o'neil*

Can we all post our favorite picture of Trappy? Here is mine

We are actually in here

Why can't I recover properly?
I can bench 100kg but I just failed 60kg for 5.

I've lost 10kilo and my recovery has been destroyed

>I just failed 60kg for 5
what the fuck

I'm broken :-(

How much strength is it safe to assume I'd lose if I cut 16kg as someone who's been lifting around 1 and a half year /w 320 wilks?

>260wilks are 4 years
I am genuinely thinking of killing myself

Can someone post the project momentum spreadsheet? Couldn't find it in the archive.

Also, how long should wrist wraps be? I'm looking to buy some from Strengthshop, but I dn't really know which ones will be good for powerlifting.

mixed grip or hookgrip if I dont wanna feel like a cheat

Mixed

longer the better, cast the joint so its stable and cant move = more force can be transferred through it

try punching someone with a limp wrist, doesnt work

assuming this is the real thread

if you hit a new 3RM but the last rep had iffy depth, would you count it? I didnt record it, but it felt high

depends on how hard it was

if it was a grinder RPE10 probally not

90cm is optimal then?

I might buy these:
strengthshop.de/sleeves-wraps-straps-bandagen-schoner-zughilfen/wrist-wraps-handgelenkbandagen/diablo-wrist-wraps-90cm.html

Im bad at judging RPE, but Id say it was a 9. the first 2 reps were 100% below depth. the 3rd wasnt westside high. maybe an inch or so

Why are powerlifters so fat and ugly?

I don't fit it :(

I squat like 345 for a 1rm. I want to hit 4pl8 asap. Best program for squats?

get on TM asap

So im trying a a mix of the lower body stuff from c6w with the upper body work of nuckols 3x int med bench but i have a dumb question

do i just swap in the nuckols dys where the c6w would have me doing upper body stuff, or do i do them "on top" of each other, even if it means doing a c6w lower body workout on the same day as an nuckols upper body workout?

no, don't do that

i hate plg sometimes

sheiko

I hate plg now

I hate it so much

which plan?

Most relevant plg here.

tfw wasted so much time constantly trying to run a session LP, I think I'm just a genetic dead end

Can't squat more than 85kg 3x5 adding weight every session without form breaking down, maybe I should just try weekly progression instead of reaching 2pl8 with shit form and having to deload

Do you have any Fitness whatsoever? What kind of cardiovascular based you have? Can you perform basic bodyweight exercises? Are you eating and sleeping properly?

Sounds like you're worthless piece of shit personally but maybe there's something else at play

Switch to 3x3 next session where you maintain good form. Try again, if that doesn't work switch to 3x1 and lp till your form breaks down. Retry 3x5 after form breaks down

He's doing baby weight he doesn't need to do 3x1 he needs to do a hundred bodyweight squats a day and fix his unathletic shit

Just lifted for the first time in nearly two years.

I'm very sore.

AMA.

I'm eating enough and sleeping enough for other lifts although I always feel tired despite everything being fine with blood test.

I don't have any cardio base.

Yes I can do basic movements.

My other stats are:
70kg bench 3x5
150kg deadlift 1x5
72kg bw

Is it possible that I just need to try weekly progression instead of session for squat? I add 2.5kg weekly to bench and 2.5-5kg to deadlift.

I fucked up my leg and doctor after checking it out said I have pulled gastrocenemius + something more and I should off squats and dls for month-half a month

time to up my upperbody gains

benching 3x a week and what more? Im going to do rowing same way following powerliftingtowin or ss style of routine, shit ton of pullups, overhead perssing and arms?

some good routine for this to up my gains?

I also will use this time for a cut as my bf is now 16,4

want to drop down way down to 10,2-10,6

cute

Can some plz answer this. I'm still fairly new to actual programmed, regimented training and I just want to know what's right

Real thread here If you can't recover fast enough to put weight on the bar every day, then you'll have to slow down your progression to once a week, eat more and recover better, or build some general cardiovascular fitness so your body recovers more quickly

Its possible that my genetics are so shit tier that I cant progress every session at sub2pl8?

Does this mean I'll always be weak or can I still reach 4pl8 eventually but maybe with weekly progression?

I have no idea. If you are going to set around day blaming your genetics though then you're probably going to have limited potential anyways

If you don't have a background in manual labor or team sports then you're going to have to spend some time making up ground to manhood

>Real thread here
Nigga that thread has 8 posts in it, this one has 56. Stop sperging.

Currently running sheiko intermediate medium load.
Can I run 37v2 again or should you follow up with 31. Don't want to max since my work schedule is kinda irregular the next couple of weeks.

Can I just add 2.5 kg to 37v2? I def. feel stronger even though I'm kinda overreached. Getting comfy with heavish weights.

If anyone has any innings in the whole modelling industry, hollar me up! I'm available for all and any modelling needs. {Honestly, all of them ;) }

~Sample images~
imgur.com/a/0XTiy

Email me at '[email protected]'. Thanks!

That thread has a picture of a powerlifter and powerlifting related content instead of the Virgin beta pathetic dog picture shit

>tfw kneebola

>Being this insecure

I'm going to tell you A life secret here son.

If you act like a faggot long enough, guess what you are? You're a faggot period

I know it seems cool and hip nowadays to act queer and Nerdy. Do yourself a favor comma don't build habits that you can't break.

The fuck am I reading

replace the bench sets from candito with those from Nuckols, but keep Candito's assistence work.
Don't do upper and lower on the same day.
On week 3 and 4 just put in an extra upper body day wherever you want

Intellectual discussion about the sport of powerlifting

Most of it is a delusional repressed alcoholic homosexual man named Sean

The rest of us like to talk about powerlifting or strength training

And if he says anything about projection, just ask to see his keys

Help pls. If I cut down a weightclass I would be able to set a national record for one of my lifts - that is if I keep my current strength levels.

It's doable if I go full autismo and plan out every single meal, no?

I used to be in the same boat as you.
You have been decieve by the general lifting community and the ss meme.
You have to understand that most people who do SS or other beginner programs and squat 3 plate at the end aren(y like you. They played football or some other sports, are generally athletic, have been lifting casually or years, etc.

If you start out as a skinny un athletic guy, with no experience, SS won't get you to 2 pl8. Because what you need mroe than anything now is muscle, you simply need more muscle mass and SS isn't going to give it to you. The volume is way to low. SS is good for getting people who are already muscalur to effencietly use those muscles. To learn the movements. Those are the guys getting 4 plates after their 'first year', but they have been doing sports their entire life!

Don't get fooled by the fitness community, when starting out skinny and weak progress is going to be slow. YOu will need intermediate routines for wheights that other poeple did in their first weeks. But remember, you just started, you can't expect to make the same progress as people who have been sporting their entire life and are already ripped.

Set more realistic goals.

Take a look at Symmetric strength. Their strength standards and the descriptions of their classification have been very accurate for me so far.
Set realistic goals and enjoy the process.

Probably not if you are Advanced and you have mostly filled out your frame

Good luck trying though

I would recommend steroid assistance

I look dyel af and have only been working out for 1 and a half year but I'm a gifted squatter. My other lifts are shit. SHIT

>repressed alcoholic homosexual boy named Dino

fixed that for you Dino you sad sack of shit LOL

frog?

Would you mind posting some recent lifts? I have heard of your legendary strength status and I'd like to know where you stand in the strength community

Also would there be any chance that you could take a quick picture of your keys for me?

I've heard that you are very wealthy so I am sure that you can take a picture on your phone of very high quality. Thank you much

Would recommend splitting up the work, although doing days 1 and 3 with the lower days and having day 2 as a lighter/recovery day is doable, it's just a lot harder and you won't be able to get as much upper body work in because you'll be exhausted from squatting, benching, then deadlifting in the same day, especially for the first 2 weeks.

No. He's above the national record at his current weight class, isn't he?

Check this out Dino, when you got banned for spamming last night all your posts got deleted

desuarchive.org/fit/thread/41516442/

looking at the deleted posts a couple funny things to note

A) asking fat retard about how greg nuckols novice program works (therefore proving you're a weak novice)
B) obsessing over kermit for many posts, clearly inferiority complex on account of him being stronger than you (therefore proving you're a weak novice)
C) Obsessing over me for 3 hours clearly inferiority complex on account of me being wealthier than your entire poverty family put together

I was going to swap out Canditos assistance work and do OHP, Klokov press, dips, shrugs, and possibly cable flies instead

I want nice chest and shoulders :/

none

TM will let you gain 2.5kg a week
sheiko will let you gain 10kg over a 3 month timespan

Do the math

I fell for the sheiko meme once, dont want anyone else miss out on gains

True, that's what I was kind of leaning towards anyways just splitting them up, I just wanted to see what everyone else thought about mixing things together

Who is Dino?

I am merely inquiring as to the strength level of a local Legend. This place has an archive, very neat. If posting here is your favorite hobby in the world I can see where that would be very useful.

How strong are you sir? What does your keychain look like?

listen up dummy dont waste time doing all those assistant lifts

if you bench a lot without an insane arch and max grip you will have a good chest and front delts

LOL Dino BTFO

Honestly not my post. I have never nor will never run a Greg Nuckols program

was your post dino :(( that and 44 of your other posts in that thread got deleted LOL (mainly you just obsessing over your superiors me and kermit LOL) LOL

At 72kg, it's perfectly normal to stall on LP before you hit 2pl8 squat for 3x5.

Just switch to weekly progression unless you want to gain more weight

wiioops i just btfo of dino so hard we wont be seeing that little dyel kid for a few hours kek

Wow you're awfully defensive of Kermit

Did Raffy sell him to you at a decent price?

I performed some powerlifting today along with some assistance work. How was your lifting day?

if frog was so strong why does he look like shit

Well, it's either that or you are a tremendous faggot that refuses to eat enough and squat properly.

LOL you're running greg cuckolds NOVICE program and asking fat retard on how to run it AHAHAHHAHAHA

no wonder you're so obsessed over me and kermit becuase you're such a weak little BITCH (FACT: see you running a NOVICE program and askin fat RETARD on how to do it) LOL

why are there like 8 threads in the catalog

That every lift is progressing except the squat leads me to believe you aren't performing the squat very well.

Or possibly that you don't have actual weightlifting shoes. If that's the case, shut up and get some actual weightlifting shoes.

This might be the worst projection I've ever seen

Never mind, this is the worst projection I've ever seen. That post genuinely wasn't me. I have no reason to lie. Want to see my keychain?

because this turd Sean likes to shit up the board

brb going to dump a big brown sean in my toilet