Post workout food

What does Veeky Forums eat after the gym?
I usually down a protein shake and head to chipotle for that sweet chicken burrito after a workout, but it's getting expensive and I need to find some alternatives.

Do you cook for yourself, or go out and get something?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HP6Lcg3UvdQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Chipotle
It's like you don't even want to make it

are you from america? you should not eat something like that after training.

I mostly eat some fruits like banana or berries.

>purposely starving your muscle tissue

A scoop of Whey, 8oz chocolate milk, frozen banana, maybe 1 tbs peanut

>steak or chicken
>rice
>beans
>corn

What's the problem? It's probably high in sodium but other than that it's better than most fast food I'd say

Sometimes slightly less oats, if I don't feel like eating that much. Always more than 250g though.

A burrito without any extra shit is probably around 1000 calories. Add cheese, corn veggies, sour cream, salsa, guac and it'll be closer to 2000 calories
It's fine if youre bulking

well nvm seems like you are actually retarted. Go on.

Either brown rice + lentils + chicken, or this chili I make.

>eating junk food post-workout
>eating junk food every day

not gonna make it

>2000kcal burrito
Is that thing 6ft tall lmao

im eating two chicken tacos from baja fresh. they're pretty cheap and tasty, and there's also a shit ton of chicken in these. they do not cheap out.

Have you never eaten a chipotle burrito? They can literally be the size of your head

funny but not food

What metrics is the quantity in, mililiter?

For me, it's the McChicken Sandwich.

I work out really early because Im on 2nds, so I just down a protean shake and not eat until lunch right before work.

is it normal for americans to never cook for themselves? It's a normal everyday activity, not something you do every now and then. How fucking often do you faggots eat fastfood?

is it normal for foreigners to never mind their own business? It's a normal everyday activity, not something you do every now and then. How fucking often do you faggots think about America?

>is it normal for americans to never cook for themselves?

for single people who can afford it, yes

fatfuck detected

I'm a 112 lbs woman at 5'5''. Poorfag detected. Enjoy your rat stir fry.

when i was broke i used to eat two double quarter pouders on mcdonalds with my friend that worked there, he used to give me them for free, it was awesome

>woman
nice b8, autist

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

You sound miserable

>mooooooooooom he's criticizing my habit of wasting money and health because I'm a lazy piece of shit

And that's why you're all fat.

>I'm a woman who can't cook

You have to remember most foreigners live in their parents house and have mama mia making them spaghetti.

my favorite thing to eat out is 800 calories and I eat twice a day tops...

>For a single person to afford it
>Believing that "body positive" crap that states fast food is cheaper

Stay murrican

>you will never eat this big to get big

youtu.be/HP6Lcg3UvdQ

>Eating out twice a day

I bet you complain that the housing market is too expensive and that the government takes too much in taxes too don't you, cuck?

Can you read? He's saying that people who can afford to eat out every day, do. Not that people who are poor do.

>libertarians cook food at home

the fuck kind of line of autistic reasoning brought you to that conclusion?

What should I throw into my rice cooker's steam tray? All I've been eating for the past few weeks is brown rice because I don't know anything whatsoever about veggies.

broccoli

Pasta carbonara, 3 eggs, a pack of bacon, 50g Parmigiano
1500 calories, tasty as fuck, easy to make

I have been lifting late at night (around 10PM) about 3 hours or so after I eat dinner. I haven't been eating after the gym because my main goal is to lose weight.

I haven't noticed extreme soreness until today, my back is fucking killing me from bent over rows.

Sleep

how the fuck is he able to eat this much?

I understand he's a competitive eater, but how do you even train to eat this many calories yet stay skinny?

>American complaining about others not minding their own business

All of my keys

Rice and chicken for me OP as I work out late

G E N E T I C S
E
N
E
T
I
C
S

Do you think he eats like this everyday?

He won't eat anything else for a day or two after this.

>mommy and daddy pay for my housing
>what you cant afford housing?! teehee

he throws it up afterwards or fasts for couple of days

not that guy but

>dat projecting

Not true, poor people do as well, they just eat sub tier fast food from quickie marts. Saddest hamburgers and burritos ever.

>t. UMC American who has lived among the proles

I cook this chicken and potatoe stuff once week en masse then eat a little of it everyday. I'm super broke so it works. It's literally frozen chicken, potatoes and carrots cooked together with what ever spice I want to use. Youwrap it all in foil, put it all in the oven, cook it, take it out, cut up the chicken, cook it for another hour then throw it all in a Tupperware to let everything mix around.

When you get home it's super easy to throw it in the microwave, toss what you want (I usually don't eat the carrots until the end of the week) into a tortilla with some cheese, bake it and your good.

It's delicious and super cheap. I assume it's healthy but the way I make it, it's about 400 calories each with plenty of protein.

I work at Chipotle.
5 scoops of chicken every day.
At 4 oz a scoop that's about 160g protein daily at less than 1k calories.

I usually workout at around 5 pm so I'll have a protein shake and then cook dinner but it's usually
>chicken breast and rice
>homemade chili and rice
>fried eggs, mixed vegetables and rice

lastly if I'm feeling lazy and my gf is around she'll have a pizza and I buy some chicken kebab with rice
>inb4 asian

If your time is valuable than what's wrong with just buying a meal?

pasta with tuna

Get a burrito bowl.

Triggered faggot

On a cut and this has worked wonders for me:

A protein shake with 2 scoops of whey protein immediately after my last exercise.

After driving home I eat a vanilla Oikos Greek yogurt with 1 scoop of casein and a cookie thrown in for taste.

Total macros:
Cals- 560
Fat - 6g
Carbs - 38g
Protons - 88g

that yogurt/whey/cookie combo is something i'm trying TODAY, thx user

americuck living in europe here

i think fast food and eating out is much cheaper in america than Western Europe/Nordic countries [with the except of cheap kebab shops]. So that's why Americans tend to eat out more, it's much more affordable and time-efficient.

Two scoop oats (100g), two scoops whey (50g), 500cals

Recently stumbled upon this as well after fucking YEARS of searching for something as good + easy as this...

>non-fat greek yogurt
>1 scoop chocolate whey/protein powder (I used plant-based non-soy)

This alone mixed up is a chocolately treat that is almost like ice creame for bodybuilders... but I usually go a step further, like your cookie:

>1 T agave nectar
or
>1 T honey
or
>cookie, graham cracker, brownie, walnuts, granola

And to be more macro-aiming, most of the time I just use the yogurt, protein, and then add in
>packet of high-quality packet oatmeal (flavor, slow carbs, fiber)

This really needs to be spread to Veeky Forums because not only is it delicious, but also is very dessert-like and can easily squash cravings.

>talking shit because one high protein meal might have a few too many calories
>eats sugar plants instead

If you look at chipotle, it actually has insanely high calories because of all the salt. The tortilla alone is 300 kcal.

>salt
>calories
dumbest thing I've read in a while

Chipotle is fine and not that expensive if you do it right.
I get a bowl with half steak half chicken, brown rice, pinto and black beans, corn salsa, and cheese. On the side I get green salsa and sour cream. I mix the SC and green in half the bowl and just eat half. Save the other half for a second meal(green and SC on the side because it's terrible reheating them).
Picture is the nutrition for the whole bowl. Cut it in half.

They're fucking big but not close to 2000 cal. Maybe 1200-1300 at most

whole-grain bread, irish butter, prosciutto, and some pickles and gouda sticks

LoL

>that sodium
gotdamn

why does prosciutto have to be so expensive man.. for the macros i can't justify buying it but it so damn good.

in 2007, when you went to chipotle the burritos they would give you were the size of your forearm.

Now its just a bunch of fucking corporate bullshit.

fat guy here looking for food advice

>6 months into going to gym 4-5 days a week
>eating better shit, no soda/bread
>was 355lbs now 280
>stuck at 280 for last 3 weeks

ive been craving a lot of dairy for some reason also god damn ruffles sour cream and cheddar chips

what should i try eating instead of that to satiate my hunger for it, or is milk products good for you and im just on a plateau?

>prosciutto

you mean jamón you fucking disgusting frog

non-fat greek yogurt
>high protein
>low calorie
>delicious

ill try it but what about other dairy?

like cheese/sour cream/milk

you just gotta find a good chipotle location where the workers are really generous.

for example, in my college town, the chipotle is very stringent with servings. go the one in the next town over and they practically give you double everything.

There's nothing wrong with dairy, just dont go overboard. Diary is normally high fat, which means it's packed with calories

not him but cheese and sour cream typically are high calorie

milk you can use skim or 2%, or check out fairlife milk.

also check out cottage cheese, pretty much the same thing as non-fat greek yogurt

going to try it. ty

I workout in the mornings so I make myself an egg sandwich with an english muffin. Cottage cheese and some fruit as sides.

Your post workout sludge has more calories than I eat in an entire day.

>retarted

Yeah, milliliters of oats

I've just finished my routine. now I'll have 100grs of pasta, 125grs of fresh cheese, a can of tuna, an avocado...a glass of water...is that ok? why or why not?

>fruits
>berries
>post workout

m8 you are fucking retarded. You are literally never going to make it.

My brethren

Y'all are retarded. A Chipotle bowl is just fine. Sub 800 calories and a shit ton of protons and carbs for that post workout joociness

>Y'all
How to prove your opinion is irrelevant with one word.

Replenish dem glycogen stores brah

>I eat twice a day tops
>>>>oh you eat out twice a day?
Thus, the reading comprehension of europoors

>fairlife
a true godsend, I've actually come to love the taste of all their milk. Expensive as shit though, costs $3.99 for about a liter

>going to chipotle post workout
>not making a 5000 kcal prison burrito out of frito corn chips, doritos, and slim jims
Never gonna make it

Eating out can be fairly cheap here. That being said most people that i know will cook a dinner for themselves but get food from resturant for lunch. I mean its less then half an hour of my hourly wage to get a meal premade so i can afford to do it semi regularly if i wanted to.

4 scoops c'mon

Whatever it takes, right?