Can I make gains if I only have between 20 and 30 dollars left each week for food? I live in ontario canada

Can I make gains if I only have between 20 and 30 dollars left each week for food? I live in ontario canada

Other urls found in this thread:

efficiencyiseverything.com/calorie-per-dollar-list/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Get a fucking job.

Yes, it'll be harder, but why do you have so little money for food

I do have a job, I live on my own and everything is expensive in ontario, if I didn't have a job how would I even have 20 dollars a week?

Because I have to pay rent and bills, I've basically lived off of potatoes, ramen, rice and peanut butter sandwiches the last year because those foods are cheap

you got it. bulk rice. bulk meats, bulk beans, buy veggies fresh. I budget out 20-25 a week, n my macros are 170/200/60
you just gotta want it

Where do you get bulk meats

efficiencyiseverything.com/calorie-per-dollar-list/

Do what they did and look at what the grocery stores near you sell and calculate calories-per-dollar and grams-of-protein-per-dollar values for foods. The cheapest whey concentrate you can order online is good enough. If you don't mind the taste, soy protein powder would be even cheaper. The end result will probably be a diet that's mostly vegetarian because grains are the cheapest foods. Get micronutrients from a multivitamin, that's the cheapest way to avoid deficiencies. Fruits and veggies are too expensive so you won't be able to eat the recommend optimal diet of many varied foods. For this reason, do calculate the quantities of micronutrients you get from your foods to make sure there are no gaps. You can definitely eat adequately healthy which already puts you above the vast majority of normies.
Don't eat low fat (

Mr budget here

wholesale club

> everything is expensive in ontario
which part of ontario do you live in?

>what is GOMAD

Belleville

If there's a Sprouts farmers market (or any farmers market in your area) check that out and buy your whole grains, nuts, and beans in bulk. Some even carry whey and creatine on the cheap.

Salmon, chicken, etc. It can be done.

Mirin

Oh, furthermore protip on Sprouts:

It's an easy job, and if you work there even just once a week you get an employee discount which knocks a fair bit off your purchases. Shit adds up quick. They also have 72 hour flash sales every so often.

Only reason I suck Sprout's dick so much is there's one a few blocks from me and my girl has been working there for quite a while.

>Eat a fuckton of tuna
>Cheap, tons of protein
>Get swole as fuck
>Die from mercury poisoning

At least we look good in our coffins, right Veeky Forums?

Stock up on Lentils and Rice.
30$ a week for food is more then enough.

Is that tuna that good in the US? Does it have >2000kcal per dollar or >50g of protein per dollar?

I've been eating an average of probably 2 cans of albacore tuna daily for the past 15 years, no joke. I've seen no ill effects.

Its close on protein, not on calories though.

~20g per small can at ~$.60 each.
Its actually better protein / calorie ratio than the whey sold locally.

What kind of food has > 50g protein per dollar?

>What kind of food has > 50g protein per dollar?

I've been told that, in the US, few foods have that actually. It's different in the EU generally and of course varies between countries. In Finland, I've gotten whey concentrate for around 10€/kg which gives 75g protein per euro. Lidl has really cheap foods: eggs with 54g/€, oats with 174g/€. The craziest shit that's appeared in Lidl recently is macaroni with 373g/€ and 11000kcal/€. It's cheaper than the cheapest wheat flour which is just bizarre. It's a shame that wheat protein isn't complete. Soy groats from another grocery store near me has 73g/€ (soy protein is complete) protein and the lentils from there have 63g/€ (wheat and lentil protein combined is complete).

Oh yeah, I should mention that even though the macaroni has great protein value in terms of cost, it's protein content as a percentage of calories is not high. 2500kcal worth of macaroni gives only 83g protein. Same with oats. So I still have to eat foods with a higher calorie-percentage of protein like whey concentrate, lentils or soy groats. I could get enough protein without the powder by eating more lentils and soy groats but then my fiber intake becomes obscenely high and I get bloated as fuck so I don't do that.

Thanks!

I guess eggs in the US can be > 50g / $. I didnt think of it because I normally only eat like 4 at a time.

I havent studied oats or pasta yet because Im still a Veeky Forums newfag and currently cutting, so Ive only been crunching numbers on low cal foods.

Ill try to remember that for when I hit my goal and switch to bulking