Why haven't you started rock climbing?

why haven't you started rock climbing?
>girls and qt and at a rock climbing gym you can easily spark up a conversation with them about climbing
>most rock climbers are absolutely ripped with good core strength the most aesthetic physiques are with rock climbers they look like lean roman statues
>get thicker fingers from rock climbing and insane grip strength
>it's fun and not mundane like lifting weights
why haven't you taken the rock climbing pill

Because it's expensive and that's all they ever talk about

How expensive is it? I can't even find a rock wall where I live, and I'm in a college town.

Because to rock climb efficiently I'd need to lose weight=muscles and I don't want to get smaller

its very cheap actually

I do rock climb OP, and i also go the gym, because im not a wanker like you who thinks people should only do one thing

Takes a lot of time, energy, and money.

They have no biceps

That would require me to go outside.

The national parks have completely changed since the time of the famous rock climbers. You can't camp in the park overnight anymore, you need special permission to climb, and you can't parachute off from the top. Basically they only cater to typical tourists.

Have nothing against rock climbing, my best friend has been doing it for years, but this shit just annoys every time a rock climbing thread pops up, which is usually once every week or two, I would say.

>most rock climbers are absolutely ripped with good core strength the most aesthetic physiques are with rock climbers they look like lean roman statues

Because those are the guys naturally suited to the sport, they progress easily and stick with it long enough to make gains. The others just quit, or if they really, really love the sport, they stick around, achieve nothing and play the support staff during competitions. Don't look like they lift or are even physically active at all.
Absolutely the same with grills. You could see two bitches who have started 11 years ago, both quite capable, but with one being lean as fuck with the core of a strongman and the upper back most guys would kill for and the other one... well, just kinda fat.

tl;dr - genetics

Your argument for rock climbing is as good as people pointing to that Froning guy when talking about how awesome crossfit is for aesthetic gains, so pls stahp.

Rockclimbers = hippies?

> h-how about these rocks today, huh stacy?
> what do you mean, they are the same everyday
> o-oh i guess y-you are right
> whatever, creep
> this loser giving you trouble again, stacy?
> he's going on about rocks again ugh

i used to aged like 12-16 but
>broke arm playing rugby, nerve damage n surgery n shit, left arm will always be somewhat shitter than right
>to get actually good i'd need to be lighter than i wanna be, cba to ever cut below about 13%
>i'd rather just go pic related

>chatting up some skinnyfat Stacy when there were a whole bunch of Skyes and Willows there who would've happily talked about rocks all day

deserved it, desu

I have rock climbed for 12 years. Please don't come to my cliffs. I have enough on my plate with fucking twats that disregard any safety rules and procedures, such as not wearing helmets, disregarding procedure and endangering themselves and other people, or playing their shitty 'indie' music or whatever it is that makes them feel special. I unironically hope they learn their lesson like many other idiots before them when a loose rock falls on their head. There is a based 60-70 year old climber that uses 30 year old kit and is the only cool person there. We share our hatred of people like in OP's pic related because they are all bellends.
If you want to get into rock climbing just go to a centre like all the other normans.

>Not freehanding in the great outdoors

climbers have ultimate aesthetic

Hmm, my college was handing out fliers for their rock climbing club. I picked up one and talked to the pajeet handing them out, but lazed out of actually going. Looks alright. I need a hobby other anyway.

Also, they didn't look very jacked at all

that's scary as fuck

anons, do this but please don't blabber about it endlessly

the rising popularity of a sport always attracts normies/casuals, just take their money and stop whining cunt. also
>the stonemasters were bellends

christ

You need amazing strenght to rock climb but you don't get massive by it.

Probably not for you.

This don't come to my cliffs, it's dangerous if you aren't used to it, I don't care if my country it's 90% cliffs.

I don't know who these stonemasters and I honestly couldn't give any less of a shit. Rock climbing is a deep passion of mine where no amount of filthy normie money can be stuffed down my throat to cater to their needs. The amount of times I have seen people taken to a hospital by helicopter is laughable. Amongst the normies they tend to divide into two categories, the overgeared walts who think buying the latest equipment and the shinest shoes will enhance their performance and then there's the hippy cunts who walks around topless and climb without any safety gear and have this pretentious aura when they take selfies whilst climbing without properly adjusting their harnesses. If any of them slip and their brains end up dribbling on the floor it is not my problem but then the police get involved and shut off the area and that's a week of rock climbing gone because of someones ego. So in short, fuck you.

ITT: Dangerous bullshit that won't make you all that aesthetic but could definitely kill you

>Probably not for you.
But I'm a big guy...can I still bring my friends?

amen brother. I pay $80 a month to lift and climb

10/10

>find rock
>climb it

Wow so spendy.

its so fucking boring

>thicker fingers
You fucking idiot
T. V9/ 5.12d/ 325BP
Rock climbing is a hobby, lifting is a lifestyle. Training is something i do every day. Its usually fun, but i dont so it for fun.
Rock climbing is something i do on a date, or with the bros on the weekend.

Shoes are $150+
Harness is $100+
Sport rack is $300+
Trad rack is $1000+
Rope is $200+
Crash pad is $200+
Quit your memeing, nonclimber

Your argument for rock climbing is as good as people pointing to that Froning guy when talking about how awesome crossfit is for aesthetic gains
i just started watching the pro crossfit stuff and every dude is pretty big/ muscular in those.
there are even some guys over 6ft that are fucking massive

Because climbers are stoner retards. They're like dry land surfers.