Carbs

Hey guys, I started eating healthy and lifting 4 days/week 4 months ago. My question for the panel is why everyone says carbs are so bad? I have a low bodyfat%, and I need to keep down my bodyfat and build muscle for a model shoot in the nearest future. Should I cut pasta from my diet? :/
Thanks

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3257829/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Carbs in general are unnecessary in the human diet. The only reason we consume them is because they are very common in the foods that we eat nowadays. However, I highly recommend that anyone reading this start weening off of carbs and moving into a pure diet of fats and proteins. This kind of diet is not only healthier, but it also provides just what the body needs if you work out. What I recommend is eating 1 chicken a day (with it's eggs), quarter cup of olive oil, and some gummy fibers if you are concerned about fiber in your diet. I have been on this diet for about the last 9 months and I have seen incredible results in terms of my muscle mass and energy levels.

this guy is retarded

>quarter cup of olive oil
nice knowing you user

There is no bad macro, there are just bad foods. Pasta is fine in general, wholemeal pasta is better and even more complex carbs like sweet potatoes or black rice are probably even better.

I know spreading misinformation and trolling is tradition but Veeky Forums is maybe the wrong board, go to /b/ for that.

Fuck off ketard

Carbs are fine and you should eat them especially if you do intense physical activity. Keep your fats to reasonable levels and you're good

Keto is the single most retarded diet ever invented, stop spouting this bullshit

Thanks for clearing that up for me, was actually about to listen to his piece of advice

>My question for the panel is why everyone says carbs are so bad?

Mostly misunderstandings of how the human body works combined with inadequate exposure to unprocessed foods. When people read carbs, they think of the white flour and sugar based junk foods their parents stocked the pantry with when they were young, rather than healthy foods like fruits, whole grains, beans, lentils, and sweet potatoes.

Why are these summer dyelfags sperging over a bait post to a bait thread?

You're a fucking retard. Do you seriously just change your entire lifestyle on a whim based off some anonymous post on a Columbian Bowling fansite?

eat carbs when you actually do stuff in the day

ie a workout or a jog or a job that requires you to be on your feet all day

otherwise limit them to less than 1g per bodyweight

carbs are not "bad" per se ... as with all the poison, the secret is in the quantity...
carbs are an absolute necessity for human life, to the point the body makes great gymnastics to produce 'em if you dont get them from outside, but when they are too much (and thats everything about above 100g/day) your body uses them as a primary fuel as they have higher priority in the metabolic cycle, that's still ok but when they get even more in the blood the body starts makes fat from them (to store the useless at the moment, fast carb energy into something it can use later(fat)) which is basically bad.
just eat a small amount and you are perfectly good

Carbs are essential to building good muscle. Unless you're trying to lose weight, cutting carbs to a very low level is unnecessary.

what are the downsides to never really eating any pasta/bread type things? I still eat various veggies, some times beans when the recipe calls for them, various fruits, and dairy like yogurt and cheese. I doubt the meats I eat have much if any carbs in them since they're never breaded.

butter>olive oil

>as with all the poison, the secret is in the quantity...

It's disengenious to refer to it as a poison. Quality is the more practical thing to point out. Whole foods, not processed foods.

>when they get even more in the blood the body starts makes fat from them (to store the useless at the moment, fast carb energy into something it can use later(fat)) which is basically bad.

This is also misleading because it gives the impression that at any caloric intake, if you've eaten over 100g of carbs then the rest is permanently turned into fat that somehow doesn't get burned throughout the day. In reality, the only way to put on fat is to eat above your caloric needs, and in that case it's the same deal if you're eating fat or protein-- excess is turned into fat. If you want to split hairs, with carbs and protein, the amount of body fat made from these macros is actually pretty little under most conditions, whereas dietary fat is by far the easiest thing for your body to store as body fat.

read the fucking sticky

>eating healthy
anyone who says this is automatically not gonna make it

He's right you know. I would never recommend going ketogenic (eating less than 30 g of carbs per day) but just eating a diet low in carbs is proven to be the healthiest diet in existence.

The problem with carbs is that your body stores most of them as fat. That's why bodybuilders carb load right before a show, because it fills up the glycogen stores in their muscles.

But eating over 100 g of carbs a day for many days like many people do will make you a fat fuck. That's why this world is full of fat fucks. Everyone keeps shoving carbs in our faces. "Start your day with oatmeal" "eat wholewheat bread"

But this board is so closed minded it'll take a while for people to understand and accept these scientifically proven facts about carbs.

>The problem with carbs is that your body stores most of them as fat
> eating over 100 g of carbs a day for many days like many people do will make you a fat fuck.

Absolute broscience that doesn't even make sense on the surface.

>That's why bodybuilders carb load right before a show, because it fills up the glycogen stores in their muscles.

Glycogen isn't fat.

>That's why this world is full of fat fucks. Everyone keeps shoving carbs in our faces. "Start your day with oatmeal" "eat wholewheat bread"

The global obesity crisis happened as people ate less of their carb-rich staple foods and ate more fat. A shift towards more fat (and sugar) and less whole grains and legumes are seen as the major reasons for the rising obesity rates.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3257829/

Sugar = carbs. Don't eat sugar.

Never said glycogen was fat.

> That's why this world is full of fat fucks.
>all the oatmeal and unprocessed wheat that is only now being eaten by people

>Sugar = carbs. Don't eat sugar.

Refined sugars are what you shouldn't be eating. Pretty much everyone would agree there. Telling people oatmeal, lentils, and even fruit should be avoided is fucking stupid.

>Never said glycogen was fat.

"The problem with carbs is that your body stores most of them as fat. That's why bodybuilders carb load right before a show, because it fills up the glycogen stores in their muscles."

What were those two sentences supposed to mean then?

I don't eat oatmeal fruit or lentils and I look and feel great. I eat bacon and eggs, sausages, butter, green veggies, chicken, steak, and cheese. I have no fat and plenty of muscles. So I think this guy is right.

I probably get 200g carbs a day and I've maintained 10-12% bf for 7 months now.

They are necessary

You're presumably young and have a regular exercise routine. You could take up smoking and still say you feel fine and build muscle. The effects of a bad diet are chronic and tend to manifest themselves decades down the line.