Is Almond Milk a meme? Can I go back to drinking good ol' Semi Skimmed Cow milk?

Is Almond Milk a meme? Can I go back to drinking good ol' Semi Skimmed Cow milk?

Its not.

Less fat helps alot but desu almond milk tastes like shit. I only have it with cereal.

>he consumes nutrients for taste
not going to make it

>not drinking breast milk
Not gonna make it

It needs to be activated first.

whole milk or fuck off

This

Name one mammal that naturally drinks milk passed adolescents. Pro tip, you can't. Almond milk is awesome.

I find almond milk a bit bland, personally, and prefer hemp milk. I add it to my oats and it makes them really creamy, has a good amount of calcium and vitamins, and is really good as a plant in taking toxins out of the atmosphere and soil. Additionally, hemp is a fantastically useful plant - it can also be used to make clothes and as hempcrete, which is significantly better for constructing homes than standard concrete.

Alternatively, I found that I really enjoy cashew milk - more so than almond milk. Oat milk is good with oats, and I don't really drink rice milk.

Do NOT get vanilla almond breeze. Hooollllllyyyyyyy shiiizzzzzzzzz senpai

wtf are those two on the right? Are those walnuts or like mutated almonds?

Why the fuck is this stuff so delicious

what's the price/unit compared to regular milk? when i was grocery shopping just yesterday, regular whole milk was nearly 1/2 the price per unit compared to almond milk.

I've seen those sold anywhere from $1.50 to $3.50. I don't typically drink milk anymore, but it I do, this shit is well worth it

The nanotechnology is far more expensive and complex used to milk the almond's tiny nipples.

>Semi-skimmed
go whole or go home

>semi-skimmed

No it's good.

That's an almond shell, ma man.

Name one mammal that naturally drinks almond milk.

I-im lactose intolerant so I only drink keifir and almond milk

it's nutty milk
what's not to like?
if it didn't cost a fortune I'd live off the stuff

I drink unsweetened so its pretty bland. Not terrible but flavourwise i still prefer full cream milk

kek

>See Almond Milk in the store
>See its nutri-info
>25 calories per serving
>4 servings
It fucking tasted like water

because it's basically almond flavored water

More expensive and next to no protein content. Seems like pointless unless you just want something different.

You can get nutty milk for free, if you catch my drift

wtf does that mean

So what it contains 4/5% of almond? better drink water while eating natural almonds... thats just water and sugar

Go Vegan

Almond milk tastes better homemade. Store bought almond milk tastes off and stale.

Soak 1 cup of almonds for 8hrs or overnight
Pour out the soaking water
Pour almonds in a blender and add 4 cups of distilled/filtered water, dates, pinch of salt, and a few drops of vanilla extract
Blend until uniform
Strain with or without a cheesecloth.

Enjoy

Lolwut? Almonds require the highest amount of water per yield of any crop and only grow in areas with already scarce water resources. They cause more environmental damage per gram than many meats...

its kind of a meme, but it doesnt spoil as fast as regular milk and it tastes the same to me.

Does it taste good in coffee/protein shakes/etc? I've only ever drunken homemade almond milk on its own.

really nice with choc shakes

When do you activate them

When as in what time of the day or how soon after you buy them?

I'll answer both. Most of the time I soak em overnight and blend/strain it in the morning.

Usually I would soak them as soon as I can after buying them from the store, or if they are sealed packet as soon as I open it to preserve as much freshness.

Better micro nutrients than regular milk and it doesn't cause inflammation. That said, there is a lot less protein, I put it my shakes anyway so I don't really care.

Make sure you buy it without added sugar. The 90 calorie vs 30 calorie version of that one brand is like 15g of sugar per serving. Fucking ridiculous.

Kinda since it is basically water

Fresh organic or atleast grass fed whole milk is superior in micros
Almond milk is like all these meme vegan "milks" mostly water + some sweetener in worst case sugar in the best case stevia.

it tastes good, better than water, with protein powder and you cant tell the difference when you use it in recipes. if youre Drinking the stuff plain, most people would know the difference. but i dont really like regular milk that much unless it comes from mommy

>Fresh organic or atleast grass fed whole milk

I'm not so sure about that. All types of cow milk in general cause inflammation and it's a shockingly common food allergy that most wouldn't even notice until they replaced it or stopped drinking it.

Try cashew milk. I like it way better than almond.