>Think they'll just give me a benzo like always
>Give me an ssri (Lexapro)
>I'll take anything to feel better
>Feel pretty good after 2 weeks
>"Wow, I wonder what the side effects of this are?"
>Lower bone density (snap city)
>Erectile Dysfunction
>Weight gain

What do I do? Either I'll make it but feel like killing myself, or feel great and get a GF but never make it

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3508080/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

there's tons of different drugs you can try. go back to doc and tell him about the side effects and that you want to try something else.

But what if the other dugs fix the side effects but don't make me feel as normal as this one does? Should I just accept that I have to trade my gains for my mental health?

nah. the pharmaceutical industry is such a powerhouse that there exists the right combination of drugs to fix the sides, gains, and mental health.

Lexapro was the worst one I took. It made me sick for days and any change in dose would do the same thing.
I take mirtazapine and haven't had any dick or sexual problems. It is one of very few antidepressants that avoid that sort of thing. It took me three years to find the right dose and multiple attempts to get there because higher amounts made me worse.

Try to look up the physician's monograph. That'll show you what the percentage of people who experience each side effect are. If the risk still seems unacceptably high, talk to your GP, say you're particularly concerned about bone density, weight gain, and ED. (tho ED isn't that bad from what I remember. There was a definite trading quantity for quality orgasm wise). Try management and mitigation, then if that doesn't work, try substitution.

Sort yourself out

post the source you nigger

Also here's a literature review on the bone thing:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3508080/

The answer is a definite maybe. SSRIs seem to be associated with additional risk of fractures in falls. In older adults, maybe, and they're not sure why, or if it's actually depression that leads to bone weakness.

I've been on a lot of antidepressants for depression and anxiety. Lexapro was one of the few that didn't have horrible side effects for me. That being said, it quit helping with my anxiety after a year or so and I had to switch.

Cymbalta was the worst. Lost a lot of feeling in my dick and could rarely get off during sex. I quit it because that side effect was making my depression even worse. I went back to normal after a month or so of being off of it.

Meds affect everyone differently, though. Hope you find the right one without too much experimentation.

this is probably one of the most expensive SSRIs out there but Vortioxetine had zero effect on my cock, and really didn't have any serious side effects at all

i was on them for about 6 months and all in all it wasn't bad, i had strange dreams every now and then though my self esteem was noticeably more robust

Welcome to the revolving door of chemical imbalance

Rather than just fixing your self through sorting your shit out you chose the happy pill you most likely never needed. Enjoy. Never having true will power

Fucking never going to make it.

I've been taking escitalopram (lexapro) and it works fine for me. Libido was a bit lower at the beginning for sure.

The thing about all the other side effects is that all drugs have a ton of potential side effects aka whatever subjects may have experienced. Look at the side effect list of the most mundane drugs.

Why would SSRIs increase weight gain or decrease your bone density? All it does is increase your brain serotonin levels.

So yeah chill.

SOURCE FAGGOT

SSRIs affect way more things than just serotonin levels because the human brain is extraordinarily complex, and the pharmacology is clumsy. Despite your doctor's assurances psychiatry is still in its infancy. Side effects are an inevitable byproduct of an incomplete understanding of our neural circuitry, so at this point you just kind of have to make due and just hope for the best

Bro just get a GF, youll feel better and wont have to take meds

>chemical imbalance
>just fixing your self through sorting your shit out

choose one

>>just fixing your self through sorting your shit out
one of the hardest ways to sort yourself out is to make everything a routine and put yourself on autopilot with life goals programmed in

it requiresr eating autistically working out daily having a bed time and maintaining your living space

all that shit is really hard to do with unbalanced brain juice but eventually it helps balance your brain juice too because mind=body and all that jazz

OP here, fell asleep (another thing the ssri does is make me fall asleep easy)

I'll talk to my doctor, my main concern is having to deal with the initial loading period again with another ssri. The ED isn't too bad, it just takes me around 2 hours to bust a nut.

To those asking the sauce is from a game called Jenni Wrong Number. Be warned, she has a huge cock.

>fixing your self through sorting your shit
>just stop being depressed bro :^)

You don't know anything about mental health, kill yourself you fucking idiot

you should do weed instead, vape or dab

>having anxiety
>going to doctors
>taking pharma
its over for you

>implying the chemicals in your brain are not literally 100% controlled by YOU through lifestyle and power of will (yes really)

Your fault for taking the poison Jew. If I were you I'd visit a therapist and try to sort my shit out instead of depending on drugs

Clonazepam to get anxiety under control immediately

Low dosage Paxil for long term control

T. Used to have horrible anxiety

Source pls

>"Hey Dr Zimmerkleinberg, can I try something else? These side effects seem pretty bad."
>"Side effects? What difference do side effects make if you feel wanderful?"

Therapy made things worse for me having to constantly bring up my problems and discuss them I knew the only thing that would help is time to get over it but that took four years so I needed medication now so I can get through the days.

i was talking an SSRI for general anxiety for over a year then quit soon after i started taking low dose test-e. all the benefits of anxiety reduction plus i feel awesome rather than numb all the time

chemical imbalance is an advertising meme that is now illegal to mention

has no basis in neurobiology and SSRIs are no more effective than placebos, yet they have tons of side effects

What the FUCK is that sauce.

Have you actually experienced these side effects, or is this just your anxiety? The side effects do not happen to everyone.

the imbalancing is done from the initial drug consumption. longer you stay on that shit the harder it is to come back from.

says the faggot who is depressed.

>here try this method
>IT'S NOT THAT SIMPLE

WHAT IF... GET THIS...

WHAT IF... IT IS?

But it isn't. Depression is what makes it not that simple.

that's where willpower, logic, and reason come into play. grow a fucking spine or take yourself out. here's the problem. both of these require the courage you don't currently possess.

if you want to kill yourself, you need to improve. if you want to live, you need to improve. your magic pill isn't a substitute for constitution.

cease your use of those jewish numale pills NOW

It's not a magic pill, it's something which in conjunction with other methods, helps towards improvement. You are clearly a fucking imbecile and have no idea what you're talking about.

>le logic and reason
>muh realz before feelz
>>>/reddit/

>Daily reminder that depression and mental illness is just obesity of the mind

OH DEY SAY JUST FEEL BETTER

>Tell fatty to stop being fat
>next day still fat but if they keep at it in 6 months they have improved if they are disciplined .

You are a fatty inside user congrats

so it's reddit to just use your brain then

you wanna know how i know you don't actually have any real problems