Is keto worth it?

Is keto worth it?

I'm on my second day and have never wanted a piece of bread so fucking bad in my life.

try eating a spoon of coconut oil

thats fucking disgusting

what the fuck is your problem

yeah, you wont feel good til after 3 days tho. almost there bud, and then youll be ubermensh, im on day 7 currently and loving it

and ya this works to feel better, or peanut butter.

>being you
>making it

Pick one.

what is the white stuff

It's called an egg.

Two weeks in. 10 lbs down. Feel better than I have in years. The only thing I crave is pizza, but that's only when it's being eaten in front of me. haven't tried making keto pizza yet. Hang in there. It will get better. Make sure you are getting more salt than normal and eat a good portion of spinach often.

Also, ditch the processed lunch meat and eat cooked meats like chicken wing/legs, bacon, etc.

I'd replace the mayo with butter

why are you having cherries with that shit lmao what the fuck

Hahaha

No way

Eat some fucking lamb or salmon you faggot. What the fuck is that poorfag shit.

keto is worth it. pic is my progress

foods like OP's image should only be really, really lazy days when you're full adapted and don't feel like heating anything up. early keto meals should be exciting.

Why are people so weak?

>2 days without touching their wiener
>WAHH it's so hard :(((

>2 days without BREAD
>I can't live without bread :((((
Holy fuck

Are you me from the future? Is your name Kyle? My starting weight is 220 as well. Down to 210. Thanks for the motivation.

>getting fat in the first place

craving are powerful things

Yeah totally. Have fun with your heart attack

Keto works great.
Steak, cottage cheese, bacon every morning....life is fucking great.
That brain fog the first week or so sucks. Grab some flax seed and chug a shot or two of that;you'll thank me.

The first time I tried keto it was hard because i loved skittles and shit. The difficulty told me I was legit addicted to sugar. The second time was ez-pz because I got that sorted and I've been keto for months.

From what exactly?

The first few days of keto make you feel like human garbage.

Worth it.

Been on it for almost a month now.

Face got lean af. People noticing.

I think I'm pretty keto-adapted now, I feel good, and fat should be melting like snow soon.

>he doesn't know

are you serious

>he doesnt reply

no

holy shit OP, that looks horrible

Ketofags what in God's name am I supposed to do with breakfast I cannot constantly eat eggs daily

Gave me a good kek, thanks user

> I cannot constantly eat eggs daily

Never gonna make it bruh

At least 15 eggs per day, or gtfo from keto boi

love ya senpai

128 egg whites per day or GTFO

128 Just for breakfast

>he cant eat 349 raw eggs per day

kys

>mfw deep into keto and a tablespoon of peanut butter is a satisfying dessert

fuark i love it

I'm on my 6th day, and I'm wondering if I've been doing something wrong, because I have felt fine throughout the whole thing. I'm eating less than 25g of carbs a day, 70g-100g of protein, and 90g+ of fat.

Only difference I've seen is that I can go like 16 hours and not get hungry.

I made a pizza with a cauliflower base, tasted much better than I imagined.

Do yourself a favour and take advantage on your keto diet to get creative with food and learn how to cook.
Seriously if I had to eat like pic related during keto I wouldn't have made it past two days.
It's seriously worth it, plus it's a great discipline test and you can get cooking skills from it which is much cooler than expected. I stopped keto and now I'm just so happy to cook new delicious dishes every now and then, it seriously changed my relationship to food.

this... this is bait, right?

That's really neat active.
Care to post some more details?
Do you combine this with lifting?
How fit were you before keto already?

> active
*actually

if you've got insulin related issues then yes keto is worth it, if your insulin is working fine, keto will not be any better than cico

That looks disgusting as fuck.

>brainwashed by shitty 70s sugar industry propaganda

41 days 13 lbs. Far easier after the first week, not hungry some days

>why are you having cherries with that shit lmao what the fuck

Just wait for the keto flu to come. Then you'll understand.

pls b serious

If nothing happened during the first 6 day it means he was already healthy enough to not go through the flu .

red pill on keto plz

Okay come the fuck on now.

If you're dead set on doing keto, do not go cold turkey. You will fail.

You have to ween yourself off carbs. Start with allowing yourself typical processed garbage (bread, pasta, rice, etc) in lower and lower amounts per day.

Do not cheat while doing this.

or instead of a stupid fad diet you could just eat meat and vegetables like a sane person

I lasted 24 hours. Best relapse ever. Fuck Keto, its literally for autists with no social life whatsoever.

>no thanks I don't eat bread
>no thanks, I cant drink beer either
>no thakns, I can drink alcohol at all actually
>no thanks, I cant drink soda either
>no thanks, I can't eat that pasta
>no thanks, I can't eat that rice
>no thanks, I can't eat fruit either
>is that bacon?

fucking dropped

Switch to whole foods, not all that cancer.

Also eat lots of fat, get your extra virgin olive oil out and smother green salads.

You can drink whiskey, vodka, gin, rum, brandy, tequila et cetera on keto. All unsweetened spirits are good to go.

>>no thanks I don't eat bread
>>no thanks, I cant drink beer either
>>no thakns, I can drink alcohol at all actually
>>no thanks, I cant drink soda either
>>no thanks, I can't eat that pasta
>>no thanks, I can't eat that rice
>>no thanks, I can't eat fruit either
>>is that bacon?
only things here I do eat are bread, rice and fruit. fuck everything else in this list.

Fuck I'm glad you posted this. I'm on my third week and I've hit a plateau similar to yours on 3/8 after dropping 15lbs. Positive reinforcement to see similar performance. I guess I'll just try to get back to 2.5lbs/week now. Hoping the stall only lasts a week or two like yours...

Bacon
Chorizo
Avocado
Various hard cheeses
Feta
Halloumi
Low carb vegetables (mushrooms, spinach)

There's tons of options.

Put it all together for instance:
Scrambled eggs and feta with sautéed spinach and mushrooms.
Boiled and sliced eggs sprinkled generously with salt and pepper with a side of grilled chorizo and halloumi
Mashed avocado and grated cheese

Learn to cook. I used to not be able to even crack an egg (srs). If I can do it anyone can.

Apparently im predisposed to gout.

>decide to try keto
>om nom nom
>not bad
>only part i really miss is chowing down on the tomatos and fruits in my back yard
>3 weeks in
>no biggie, im actually really enjoying this
>wake up around 1 in the morning to go to the bathroom
>right big toe is aching
>piss and go back to bed
>bf gets up around 4 and bumps into my foot
>scream bloody murder
>scare the shit out of him and the dogs
>the worst pain imaginable
>ive been both shot in the gut and had a femur fracture that punctured bone through skin, neither of them compared
>cant even put on my pants the pain is so bad
>get carried into hospital in tshirt on boxers crying like a bitch
>er doc who looks like hed rather be smoking a cigar drops a bin of cold water on the bed and puts my foot in it
>immediate relief
>steroid shot in the ass
>some really good pain pills
>im downright loopy when im released

So I went back to my regular diet for a year on advice of my doc. Went immediately on xanthine oxidase inhibitors. Uric acid levels closely monitored and they quickly fell to the normal range. Monitored them for a year. All normal

>go back on ket for dat dere cut
>3 weeks in
>WHAM
>wake up in excruciating agony so bad I pissed myself
>another steroid shot in the ass
>comiserating with ER doc
>"I can't believe how bad it hurts"
>doc says it can be one of the worst pains
>sits down on the counter
>tells me about his brother suffering from it
>ended up killing himself because he kept getting attacks

Never doing keto again.

Seriously that looks fowl mate.

Currently day 9 of KETO..down 7lbs feels good man keep it up

can anyone post the link for the keto guide? I mean macros and stuff

I don't see any fowl tho?

You are weak. I drink a can of light beer every once in a while and it has never kicked me out of keto. Bread, pasta, rice, and fruit are out though. Bring on the meats and non-starchy veggies.

Me too thanks

I'm interested in keto too however I need highly portable (in the car, at the desk) foods.

I meal prep once a week - literally no time to cook every/two days.

Is this life possible?

here's today's progress. I usually weigh on wednesdays, but I fasted yesterday and have a wicked headache today, so I weighed myself this morning and will eat today.
Not doing heavy lifting right now, only maintenance lifts to hit each muscle group once a week. I do jogging for cardio and lots of leg stretches. I'm a newbie to cardio and have had a few nagging sorenesses in my hip/legs/feet, so I just take a break from it when something feels wrong.

Not super fit before keto. I have decent arms and chest; not impressive for here, but definitely beefier than skellie.
Yea, after the first two weeks keto seems to hit a wall, but that's just your body settling into a normal rate of weight loss. Don't be discouraged, those first 2 weeks are just water. The real fat takes a lot of time to shed.

forgot progress pic

I get blood sugar spikes just by looking at this. Disgusting.

hello my name is reddit xd and please add me in the screencap ^^

Is keto worth it for someone who has been on a balanced diet and consistently losing weight?

>lost 80 pounds in 10 months
>mostly eating healthy foods
>aroud 30% of my diet is carbs
>40% protein (obv. 30% fat)

I use to be a bread addict, however I am pretty good to eating a minimal amount of bread now, would keto offer me anything? No need in changing a working routine?

>Only difference I've seen is that I can go like 16 hours and not get hungry.

doesnt it feel nice to be able to just not think about eating, or at least not getting hungry as soon as you think about food? Feels amazing being able to just casually weekend fast every know and then

pic made me gag. wtf is wrong with you? if that was what i had to eat, i'd rather starve. how are you guys so incompetent with food? jfc there's no excuse with resources like youtube and google available at your fingertips

no

yes its worth it if you can stand it

ive done it
it has legit benefits
its horrible to stay on

keto is the only cure for skinnyfat

>its horrible to stay on

why

Have fun with your failing immune system. At least you'll be ripped.

I'm on week 3 and i almost lost the cravings entirely. if i do get one, i eat a small piece of chocolate with a 90% (or more) cocoa.
Your problem might be, that the food you seem to be eating is disgusting.
Try some bacon and eggs, mashed cauliflower/broccoli with virtually any meat (even add some gravy if you like), snack on babybel cheese, make a deli platter with hard boiled eggs, a couple of low carb veggies, some cold cuts and a sour cream dip.
keto doesn't mean you have to eat a knob of butter on a piece of ham you fucking degenerate.

Try making one with tuna+egg, that way you don't need to cook and press the water out of the cauliflower first.

Shroomsarent low carb m8

Or a vegetable.

there is this thing called protein bread.
it's made out of soy and flax seeds or some shit.
good enough for making a sandwich for sure.

Yeah it's nice, but I like eating good food and I miss my carbs. I'm a decent cook, so I'm making the diet work, but pretty much all of my favorite foods involved a good amount of carbs. I'm planning to follow this diet just get to 10% bf, and then going an eternal clean bulk.

shrooms are low-carb by any standards.
hell, shrooms are low-anything really.

100 grams of champignon mushrooms contain:
16 kcal
Protein: 2,7 g
Carbs: 0,6 g
Fat: 0,2 g

what the hell is this? there's NO excuse for ANYONE to not be a decent cook by now with the internet, especially with recipe channels like tasty and food wishes.

Instead of denying in a way that makes people want to ask why, just say "No thanks" and leave it at that.
I havent drank soda in years, even before I was fit. Why? Water quenches thirst better and I genuinely like the taste. I also havent drank alcohol in years. I legitimately dont like it. The taste, the feeling, none of it.

Dont be an autistic shit going around "Oh my special diet says I cant have this, sorry guys. Gotta get my gains!" Just say you dont want it and carry on.

>failing immune system.
Is that the latest thing anti keto fags are pulling out of their ass?

Rum? Are you fucking retarded? Literally made from sugar you autistic fuck

>Literally made from sugar you autistic fuck
So? Piss is made from water, doesn't mean you should drink it.

Lads, I ate like 4-5 hours ago, is it alright to go workout? Asking because I'm going to be doing some high volume stuff and I'm not sure if it's going to start burning muscle or not.

eat an apple before you lift

will that be enough to prevent burning muscle mass? I had a medium sized pizza like 5 hours ago with a ton of meat on it.

Do you still exercise on keto?

why are you eating pizza and posting in a keto thread worrying about losing muscle mass

Looking for a quick answer. Also, I have stomach troubles so I usually eat low carb.

you only burn muscle mass when you're malnutrition and near death. Would you consider eating a pizza 5 hours ago to put you at risk for malnutrition?

Point taken. I was freaking out because for like a month now all I've been doing is eating a banana right before working out and noticing my muscles have shrunken slightly. It's why I'm paranoid about being short on protein before a workout now which is why I asked.

>pants wetting fag
>cant do keto
Paleo and keto proving again their /pol/ nature